• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

shas v A&L and the world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: shas v A&L and the world

From what I know, It was 'nothing to worry about & just something that some dca's do to accept a payment plan'. The dmc gave me the info... I told them that I queried it at the time vigorously & was told by themselves that no interest was being charged & that the clause on the co was just how it was written. I also said that I wasn't being funny but somebody would have to pay the interest.... Is that what youre asking me???

Can you advise me on what I need to do please?,
    :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

Firstly you need to get a FULL statement of account from Marlins for this account.

As long as you are making the ordered payments they CANNOT take further action.
      This was explicitly stated in the court order.

You also want proof of your liability to MARLINS as the CO is in the favour of HFC !!

Comment

@ Curlyben, I can keep the payments up until the day I die.... its what will happen when Im dead that Im worried about..... would my sons have to pay this over the top amount? or sell their home to pay it???
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        If signing over equity in my property to them, to safeguard them is the way forward.... I can do that.... ??...
        Last edited by shas; 23rd July 2009, 13:50:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

Originally posted by shas View Post
          @ Curlyben, I can keep the payments up until the day I die.... its what will happen when Im dead that Im worried about..... would my sons have to pay this over the top amount? or sell their home to pay it??? Nope it's YOUR debt ONLY. They cannot be inherited ..
          If signing over equity in my property to them, to safeguard them is the way forward.... I can do that.... ??...don't worry about that, I have a cunning plan
          Your starting to panic here.
          don't worry I possibly have something up my sleeve and it's not just my arms.

Comment

just ringing mc now to ask for a statement lol

Comment

First rule of dealing with DCA - NEVER call them, EVERYTHING in writing for the avoidance of doubt !!!!!

Comment

Oh yes sorry!!!

Well... I rang them (mistake) & said that at the time of the charging order being made, the judge said that I would receive an annual statement of account & as I havent, I was wondering if I could have 1 please? The guy at mc said 'yes, no prob, its going out to you 1st class tonight, you should get it in the morning'. I said 'thankyou'. Then we both said bye...

Should I put the request in writing & put re: my call today?....

Comment

There really is no need to panic with this one.

What we'll do is draft a letter asking for a FULL statement of account from the time the acquired the account and documentary proof that they are legally entitled to collect the moneys for this CO.

At the end of the day the order is in the name of HFC, so it is them you should be paying.
                  If HFC have "sold" the debt to Marlins then they must supply the appropriate documents to back that up.

*Rubs Hands*
                  I like assignment work

Did HFC at any time inform you of the "sale" of this account or was it Marlins that kicked off the court action ??

Comment

ok... ive calmed down & hid my phone upstairs so that i cant ring anybody ...
                    No, I didn't know about the 'sale' except when a letter from the new company came through.... & I sent those to my dmc...
                    Restons lodged the application for the c/o on behalf of hfc on 28/8/07. I have a B132 from land registry saying so...........
                    I have also sent £10 to HFC (who are now beneficial) & am waiting for info.... did that some time ago...
                    Last edited by shas; 23rd July 2009, 14:16:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Re: shas v A&L and the world

Might be worth chasing the SAR from HFC.
                      I assume you asked for ALL information..

Comment

Yes I did. A company called beneficial wrote back asking for a photocopy of my passport which I sent....

Comment

All the same firm.
                          They full under HSBC.

Comment

Thats good! At least I know Im sending them to the right place
                            Last edited by shas; 23rd July 2009, 14:50:PM.

Comment

Well its 9.30 am & I have a statement from MC in front of me....BUT, it doesnt show the balance they told me OR the 1 told to the dmc....

Shall I scan it in?
                              Last edited by shas; 24th July 2009, 08:44:AM.

Comment

If the CO was awarded to HFC / Restons then they need to have informed the court and the court informed you thaqt collection of ordered installments was handed to Marlins, and also if its been SOLD to Marlins a notice to the land registry etc and given you opportunity to defend /agree terms of the move. I'm not sure if it was an installment PLUS a Charge order ?

Also if this assignment is wrong or the original crecit agreement is faulty and you want to go back and challenge soe, then Restons stick a 16% odd ''collection charge'' on their accounts hoping to get them rubber stamped through - actually they arent entitled to this at all and the courts will remove if defended (not all the time but most)

So Marlins are poop and curls will I'm sure help you sort that out and get it reassingned to Restons/HFC as they are better and don't hassle hell out of you.

And seriously don't worry about Mortimer Clark - the Dispatches programe on Channel 4 on Monday? - watch it on 4OD (channel 4 player) - and you'll be laughing at them
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X