Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address.
This policy applies to our website, online application form, use of emails and calls, for marketing purposes and any other methods LegalBeagles Group Ltd uses for collecting information. It covers what LegalBeagles Group Ltd collects and why, what we do with the information, what we won’t do with the information, and what rights you have.
If you do not agree to the terms set out in these Policies, please do not continue to use our site.
As mentioned above, personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address.
It is important that you read the full policy to understand what information LegalBeagles Group Ltd holds and how we may use it. Here is a quick summary:
- We collect information that is either personal data (as outlined above) or non-personal data (such as IP addresses and pages accessed);
- We collect information about the individuals that use LegalBeagles or approach us about subscribing to other domains held by LegalBeagles Group Ltd;
- We collect information to provide services or goods and to provide information;
- We only collect the information that we need;
- We do our very best to keep personal information secure;
- We never sell your data and we will never share it with another company or charity for marketing purposes;
- We only share data where we are required by law;
The site is owned and operated by LegalBeagles Group Ltd (‘us’ or ‘we’). We are registered in England and Wales under registered number 09220332. Our registered office address is 25 Moorgate, London, England, EC2R 6AY. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the ‘Regulations’ – which come into force on 25.05.2018), the data controller is LegalBeagles Group Ltd. our Data Protection Officer is Louise McKay – email@example.com
- We will only ever collect the information we need – including data and information to help improve our services. We collect two kinds of information:
- Non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed or searched for. This helps us to determine how many people use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular specific pages are on our sites. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- Personal information such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate), information about your subscription and any renewal information that you have provided to LegalBeagles Group Ltd in relation to your use of any of our sites, including but not limited to the JustBeagle, LegalBeagles and GoBeagle sites.
- We collect this information in connection with specific activities, such as newsletter requests, feedback, payment information and direct enquiries. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse the websites.
We will use the information you provide to:
- fulfil your requests – such as your subscription requirements, if applicable;
- process payments and verify financial transactions;
- record any contact we have with you;
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- to carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of our users and supporters to help us gain a better understanding of them and to enable us to improve our service. This research may be carried out internally by our employees or we may ask our Trustees, Ambassadors and supporters to carry out this work for us;
- communicate with our community of supporters, donors and fund holders;
- if you have agreed, provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you.
We only send marketing information to people who have specifically indicated they agree to us doing so and in the way(s) they have agreed to:
- Marketing information covers information about our company and the websites that are owned by LegalBeagles Group Ltd, ways to get involved and increase your firms profile and other opportunities within the LegalBeagles Group Ltd group of websites;
- Only those people who have opted in will receive these communications. If you want to receive this information but haven’t opted in, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at our Company address which is found in the ABOUT US section above;
- We will attempt to notify you of ways to change your communication preferences with any letter/email we send you;
- We reserve the right to use third party marketing partners who may set cookies before you reach our site. If you wish to prevent this type of cookie (sometimes known as a ‘third party’ or ‘analytical’ cookie), you may do so through your device’s browser security settings.
- You may sometimes see our advertising on other websites. Cookies provided by the other websites or advertising networks can tell us how effective this is. For example, if you click on one of our advertisements, the website owner might use a cookie to tell us that you came from their site. You can choose to disable third party cookies by updating your device settings.
- We will only share your information if we are legally required to do so, e.g. by a law enforcement agency legitimately exercising a power, or if compelled by an order of the Court.
- We may work with carefully-selected partners who may carry out work on our behalf. These partners may include mailing houses, marketing agencies and IT specialists. The kind of work we may ask them to do includes answering questions about products or services, sending postal mail, emails and text messages, carrying out research, analysis and processing card payments. We only choose partners we can trust. We will only pass personal data to them if they have signed a contract that requires them to:
- abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act and from 25.05.2018 the GDPR;
- treat your information as carefully as we would;
- only use the information for the purposes it was supplied (and not for their own purposes or the purposes of any other organisation);
- allow us to carry out checks to ensure they are doing all these things.
- Information is stored by us on computers and servers located in the UK. The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure adequate security for your personal data.
- We place a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our customers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under our control, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
- We will keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide you with the services or information you have required, to administer your relationship with us, to comply with the law, or to ensure we do not communicate with people that have asked us not to.
- LegalBeagles Group Ltd will store information which is pertinent to your subscription to any of their websites including but not limited to JustBeagle, GoBeagle or LegalBeagles sites.
- LegalBeagles Group Ltd sites use the Secure Sockets Layer protocol to protect any online transaction. Secure Sockets Layer is a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the internet. This allows your computer to communicate with our server in a way that is designed to prevent tampering or message forgery. Your credit card number is also “one-way” encrypted as it enters our databases.
- We will take all reasonable care to keep the details of your subscription and credit card information secure but unless we have been negligent, we will not be liable for any losses you may suffer as a result of unauthorised access by a third party to the information transmitted by you when subscribing to any of LegalBeagles Group Ltd websites.
We never sell or share your information to other organisations, to use for their own purposes.
The Data Protection Act and from 25.05.18 the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) gives you certain rights over your data and how we use it. These include:
- the right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
- the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing;
- the right of access to a copy of the information we hold about you (known as a subject access request);
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact our Data Protection Officer Louise McKay email@example.com in writing at our office address in the ABOUT YOU section above;
- For more information about your rights under the Data Protection Act and GDPR go to the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk
- You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
If you have a complaint regarding our use of your data please contact our Data Protection officer Louise McKay – firstname.lastname@example.org or you can go to the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk or write to them at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or phone them on 0303 123 1113.
Last Modified 26/01/2018