• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

shas v A&L and the world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: shas v A&L and the world

ROFLMAO.

Glad you have now had an insight into how DCA's operate.
    You can see why we always say to have everything in writing

Anyway.
    SAR everyone...

No compliant NoA with LoP s136 then they can feck right orf...

Further reading : Debt purchasing and assignment - Legal Beagles

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
      ROFLMAO.

Glad you have now had an insight into how DCA's operate.
      You can see why we always say to have everything in writing

Anyway.
      SAR everyone...

No compliant NoA with LoP s136 then they can feck right orf...

Further reading : Debt purchasing and assignment - Legal Beagles
      Want to run that past me again??? so far i have Sar'd hfc.... who else???
      :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

Marlin as well

Comment

just printing now
          :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

Bingo.

Full house

Comment

LOL!

Well, well, well, I have received a letter from Cabots customer assurance team today............. they are continuing to request the info from the lender & collection activity is still suspended..........

Does it matter that they are sending the letters in the card name & not my proper name? :-/....

Barclaycard aren't including the account when they write to me in my proper name either, so do I SAR them & see what theyve got ???
              Last edited by shas; 25th July 2009, 09:03:AM.

Comment

Well thats everything posted for the time being. Now..... on to enjoying the weekend!

Comment

Hi everybody.... I have just read about charging orders in another part of the site & this part came to my notice.........

If a creditor has taken the debt to the county court, they may be able to add extra interest once a charging order is made. Interest cannot be added if:
                  • the debt is for an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act. This includes most ordinary credit agreements, including bank overdrafts.

As you know, my debt with Marlins is for a marbles credit card.....does this mean that the interest they have (secretly) charged me (as per info from my dmc)... not allowed??........... :-/...

Comment

Hi Shas,

The law says:

Interest

If a creditor has taken the debt to the county court, they may be able to add extra interest once a charging order is made. Interest cannot be added if:
                    • the debt is for an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act. This includes most ordinary credit agreements, including bank overdrafts.
                    or
                    • the debt is less than £5,000 in total, even if it is not covered by the Consumer Credit Act.
                    • If the debt is more than £5,000 and not covered by the Consumer Credit Act, then interest is set by the court and runs at a standard rate.
                    If your creditor is arguing they can charge interest after a county court judgment, They are wrong.
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    This point is interesting;

If the debt is more than £5,000 and not covered by the Consumer Credit Act, then interest is set by the court and runs at a standard rate.

I don't know what the standard rate is, can anybody clarify?
                    Last edited by Happyolddog; 28th July 2009, 14:04:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Hey cous.... thanks, thats my understanding.

Im looking at my account with marlins & how they told my dmc (who in turn called & told me) that they are now charging interest of £120+ a month because it is now a secured debt......the charging order is for a credit card so someone somewhere is clearly taking the you know what out of me.........

Comment

I've just looked at my credit file for this month & it makes both a confusing & an interesting read...
                        According to that, I owe Marlin (for a credit card ) £10941 &...
                        HFC (for a credit card...the same 1?) £8775.00...

Both have the same original default balance of £8964...& the same default date... can they duplicate the debt like they have on my file?

Comment

I would get lettering both with the template letters for all charges to be refunded, plus compounded interest. They are undoubtedly taking the mick.
                          Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

LOL! well I know my credit rating isnt any good but they must be making it twice as worse!

Ive sent the copy of agreement letter & sar letter to both... .& I've sent the template requesting all charges already to hfc (theyre dealing under the name of beneficial). I was going to send the charges 1 upon receipt of these? yes or no?............

Comment

If you write to Marlins direct it to:-

Denise McClean
                              Compliance Department
                              Marlin Financial Services Limited
                              2 The Courtyard
                              Beeding Court
                              Shoreham Road
                              Steyning
                              BN44 3BJ
                              or email is info@marlinfs.com

More DPA issues to fuel the fire I see, all been noted.

You have already SAR'd Marlins haven't you? If not do it now.

Also, adapt this to suit your needs

For the urgent attention of the Data Controller:
                              Data Subject Notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act 1998 (c.29) referred to herein as ”the Act”

Dear Sirs,

After recently viewing my credit report it has come to my attention that your company has registered entries of default with various Credit Reference Agencies for the sum of £xxxxx.

I dispute that you have a legitimate right to make such entries and insist that you remove all entries you have placed with any of the Credit Reference Agencies and cease processing my Data with immediate effect as is my right under Section 10 of the act.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response within 21 days of this email stating that you have complied or intend to comply with this notice and subsequent confirmation that any entries have been removed, I will enter a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Information Commissioners Office.

I will also commence legal proceedings against you pertaining to Sections 13 & 14 of the Act for pecuniary damage and distress. I will also seek an order from the Court preventing you from processing any data likely to cause further pecuniary damage or distress.

I shall assume you to have received this notice on the xx xxxxx 2009 and therefore you have until xx xxxxxx 2009 to comply with my notification.

Yours faithfully
                              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Also have a read here shas >> Yorkshire Bank v Tools
                                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X