• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FMB Fanclub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly i now longer get my milk from a milkman, we get semi skimmed from that ASDA place but we dont seem to throw anything away any more like we used to. But a milkman still delivers up where i live with the most noisy rattly old deisel van you could imagane at about 5.30am.

R

Comment

• Hey mooch,

We could always have honourary members that subscribe to our old fashioned (sensible) views.

R

Comment

• We have one lives at the top of our street, i think he delivers to small local shops and a few houses. I really don't know how he makes a living though to be honest.
        We too are on Semi Skilled we call it, took some getting used to as well.

Comment

• How do you get Honouray on here then? I know of one who won't get in but that's mine and your secret lol

Comment

• My Dad was a milkman and i used to get up at 4am to go go and help him. What kind of father gets his 12 year old kid up out of his sleep to go and deliver milk.
            Oh happy days

R

Comment

• Same as them that shoved yer ass up a chimney when you were 5 with a brush in yer hand, same as them that took yer down the pits when yer were 12 let alone deliver milk.
              Now in hindsight they think it's better to give kids 30 quid a week to stay an extra year in school, and learn a profession that when you have learnt it on Paper mind no Practical, you can go into the big wide world and make a fortune. You could also kick a ball and if your very good can become a millionaire in a fortnight.

Comment

• This must be an over 50 thing. You and me think so much alike. I never thought my life would come to this. Policemen could be my kids, lorry drivers could be my kids, what the hell happened?

R

Comment

• We bloody spoiled em that's what happened, not for one minute saying don't try and give your kids what you never had, that's not natural. You always want better for them.
                  I think it's just the way we do things, life is different we give our kids to make up for time we don't have with them and time is money these days as we all know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                    lol... i dont like this over 45 thread idea Ive decieded its ageist and not allowed! (I'm far to nosey to be banned from a thread:rolleyes
                    well over 45's and sensibles then, what about that

Comment

• That'll do for me!

R

Comment

• Eye them were the days, when a packet of rubber bands would keep you quiet for 6 weeks (that one's probably more for the girlies) and a tupperware beaker and 2 rounds of jam and bread was a picnic.

Wagon wheels used to be bigger than your hands and you could get a penny mix every day and still have change out of your 2 bob pocket money.

We used to get windmills off the rag n bone man and a packet of cadbury's chocolate fingers off my great aunt at christmas.

Oh you've started me off now.

Comment

• We've been here ages and loving it, rubber bands bloody hell, did we jump over them? i think so. Wagon Wheels were massive.
                          Two bob you were well off lady!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hey iancognito you have to be over 45.
                            Les Cadburys Fingres?
                            Yes what the hell happend to wagon wheels?
                            Sweet Tobacco?
                            Rainbow Drops?
                            Flying Saucers?
                            Sherbert Dabs
                            Bazooka Joes?
                            Black Jacks?

R

I'm getting a feeling of de ja vu. I'm sure i've had this conversation on another site!

Comment

• Yes we used to spend the first 3 weeks of the holiday tying them together and the last 3 weeks tying our legs in knots with them.

I know 2 bob was a lot of money but that was it, we never had sweets, crisps etc unless we bought them ourselves and that had to pay for my Bunty too.

Comment

• Beano and Dandy for me

R

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X