• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

This is the letter I sent to Marc Davis

Mr Marc Davis
    The Co-operative Bank plc
    Customer Feedback
    Miller Street
    Manchester
    M60 0AL

6th December 2010

For the Attention of Marc Davis

Dear Marc

I write in response to your letter dated 16th November 2010 and having given much thought to the contents of that letter my reply is below.

Firstly it is our intention to use the funds to clear our outstanding debt with you both the loan and current account balance and to close both savings accounts.

CLOSED LOAN ACCOUNT

I would like to first clear up the varying loan account balances which have been widely varying to say the least.

One Default notice put it at £8575.20 on the 4th December 2008.
    Another Default Notice on the 5th May 2010 had a balance of the same then on the 21st May 2010 another was sent only this time the balance was £7003.08.

On a Moorcroft Debt Collection Letter it stated the amount owing as £6644.82
    This is also the same on the screenshots you sent me in your last letter and is also the same closing balance on the screenshot I took online before the bank closed the account.

On your latest offer letter I notice that you say the figure is an entirely different amount of £6849.60 so which figure am I to believe?

As the first two figures appear to be wildly out and the next two have a difference of just over £200 it would appear to us that you are charging a fee for early settlement which I may add if this is the case you have not informed me of this and/or listed it as such in any letters to me.

Now as the closing balance was £6644.82 this is the amount I propose to you in full and final settlement of Loan account 089081 22449872 83 this I believe is a fair offer of settlement given that it is the balance when the bank closed the account and was also the amount Moorcroft Debt Collectors were chasing me for.

CLOSED CURRENT ACCOUNT

Our current account 089081 22449872 was also subject to debt collection by various debt collection agencies.

This action you took I have always and still maintain was vexatious and totally unjust some of the statements those debt collectors made in pursuit of a debt that never was given that you had hold of the funds to clear these was totally out of order and unlawful in many ways.

I do not hold the bank in high esteem because of this and you have done great damage to a long standing customer.

The debt collection dept said that those letters are automated and thus we are unable to stop them that statement I find hard to believe because how hard is it to remove a name and address from a mailing list not very and in any case sending my details to a debt collection agency would require manual intervention.

You knew of my medical history regarding the stroke and heart attack I had in March 2009 while my complaint was ongoing and what you did was against debt collection guidance.

Now the current account balance stands at £704.10 of this amount £360 consists of unfair charges so my offer to you in full and final settlement is £344.10 given that you have already made a charges refund in March 2007 and carried on applying those charges with out justification to me I still consider them unfair as you have never explained to me how you can justify them.

COMPENSATION

The bank has aloud this complaint to drag on for 2 and a half years far longer than was necessary the bank has withheld information, not complying to 2 SAR requests for full disclosure of information held making up excuses as you go along for your actions supplying the first loan agreement on a second request when you said you did not hold it, withholding payment history to the first loan which you have always had and given the excuse that you do not hold data for more than 6 years when it is known that data has to be held for longer than this to comply with the HMRC and money laundering regulations.

Indeed the list goes on and I am not impressed at all, the bank has also aloud the interest arrears mount up far higher than they should have done had this complaint been settled sooner than it has and has caused me to pay for your wanton mistakes.
    However I am willing to forgo any offer of compensation on acceptance of the offers I make below these offers I consider to be very fair and inline with treating customers fairly.

So to sum up I will settle in full and final:

£6644.84 closing balance to the loan
    £344.10 closing settlement to the current account

This is £6988.94 in FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT

£8136.79 Loan refunds as per letter dated 16th November 2010
    Less £6988.94
    = £1147.85
    Plus £3.25 Deposit Account
    Plus £3.15 Linked Savings

= £1154.25 due to me via CHQ

I sincerely hope this is my last letter to the Co-operative Bank Plc and that you can reflect and realise that this is a fair offer and outcome for us all.

I also request that you have my CRA files updated to remove the negative markers as they should never have been marked in such a way.

I also request they are marked to reflect that these accounts have been satisfied in full.

Yours Sincerely

Just waiting to here back now.

Not sure if I have to sign a new FOS acceptance form but I have requested a new one reflecting the latest offer be sent as soon as if they do.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Does that mean me,Marshy & Bill I can go on holiday now PF

Comment

Sure does lol and ill come with you as i need a break too.

sigpic

Comment

I feel as though I have got an extra 30 hours a week to play with-lol

Comment

Well I can soon take care of that as the Woolwich is the next on my list lol

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              Well I can soon take care of that as the Woolwich is the next on my list lol

OMG---how many sites is this on before you bring it here?--lol

PS PF----Theres so so so many Sreadsheets on here as working copies -completely out of date--

-I'm going to delete em all except last few posts with em in using "Manage Attachments" option -

--you happy with that--I'll do it at same time tomorrow-ok--

-it might mean some posts incomplete but everybody who follows this thread ( a minority at mo cos its complex ) is up to date I think-

-Turbs

Comment

None not started it yet

PS PF----Theres so so so many Sreadsheets on here as working copies -completely out of date--

-I'm going to delete em all except last few posts with em in using "Manage Attachments" option -

--you happy with that--I'll do it at same time tomorrow-ok--

-it might mean some posts incomplete but everybody who follows this thread ( a minority at mo cos its complex ) is up to date I think-

Sure no worries.

Ill have it marked as Won soon as I get my chq anyway.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                  LOL. Buckle up, Turbo...

Another bumpy ride ?

And what about consequential losses, PF ?

Comment

Update on this complaint.

Sent an email yesterday enquiring what is happening as regards to my last letter which is posted above.

This morning I got the following email from the FOS in reply:

Dear Mr
                    Thank you for your email.
                    I have discussed the situation with The Co-operatvie Bank and have been advised that they did send you a letter on 21 December 2010 explaining your queries and overall accepting your counter proposal.
                    Unfortunately, the letter is incorrectly dated and they have now sent me a copy of the same.
                    I will send you their letter in the post along with an acceptance form for your consideration. Please respond to me rather than the bank directly. I will be on holiday as of tomorrow until the 17 January 2011, therefore I have explained the situation to my colleague who will process your settlement form once you send it back. His email address is Andrew.law@financial-ombudsman.org.uk
                    Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further queries.
                    Kind regards

Deeg Ganatra | Team Manager | Financial Ombudsman Service

One Hour later I had the letter from the bank through the door which says as below in the attached thumbnails.

It is puzzling in that I could go ahead and sign and return the co-op acceptance form, but the fos tell me not to and await there letter and not to act directly with the bank?

considering the banks latest offer was nothing to do with the fos and that was negotiated via me and my helpers on here i fail to see why they should take any further credit because indeed through out this complaint they have been happy to just sit on the fence and just agree to any offers the bank made even though they were wrong ones.

Last edited by pompeyfaith; 23rd December 2010, 22:40:PM.

sigpic

Comment

They have accepted my offer on the loan and my offer to close the current account which was less any charges so a good result there.

So that is it bank the chq when it arrives and that is the END of my business with the Co-operative Bank.

sigpic

Comment

Has been a long hard battle just over 2.5 years started this complaint on the 11th July 2007 and I was right in that they had no grounds what so ever to pass this debt around the various DCA's as this has proved that the money had always been there to clear this debt and would of been cleared a lot sooner had they got there backsides in gear.

sigpic

Comment

You done well PF to persevere mate---good on you!!!

Comment

Just noticed on there letter it says £1,154.25 but on the acceptance form it says £1,154.29 lol only 4p in my favour I know but the point is they cant even get that right.
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Turbs I am chuffed that they accepted my offer on the loan although if they refused I would off just requested the money in cash which they have said they could do and just pay the money to moorcroft.

Had they not got the DCA's involved no doubt they would of got the amount they asked for so a bite on the backside for them lol
                            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 23rd December 2010, 19:45:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

Hi Pompey--Merry Xmas!

To avoid a flood of begging letters I thought I'd mention that you've left your name on the FOS email :santa1:

Comment

Hiya Middenmess

Seasons Greetings to you too.

Thanks removed now

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X