• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

you say where have i been hard done by in answer this compaint has taken a lot longer than it should of done is 2.5 yrs a fair timescale i think not they also knew about my medical condition in my first letter and the heart attack i had in march 09 was it fair to set the various dca's on me knowing that the redress would more than cover what i owe them i think not so yes i have been hard done by as you put it
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

harrassing a person while a complaint with same is being investigated is well below the belt and just not on and even more so when that complaint is upheld

sigpic

Comment

indeed where would we be without them i am not advocating that the fos is a bad thing far from it but they have a long way to go in levelling the playing field and still plenty in the Lord Hunt report to implement
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 26th November 2010, 18:33:PM.

sigpic

Comment

Here you go Bill you will like this:

http://www.thehuntreview.org.uk/updates/FOS_Report.pdf

Its a bit out of date as it was released in 2007 but many of his findings have still to be implemented.

sigpic

Comment

Guys and Marshy,

Something I cannot get straight here is the settlement on loan 9, on there first offer dated 27 Oct 08 it said balance outstanding was £7078.20.

On there latest offer it says £6849.60

The closing balance on the screenshots they sent after this it says £6644.84

On a Moorcroft Debt Collection letter it also says £6644.84 as does the screenshot I took before they closed the account.

Very confused here as to what I should be paying to clear this debt.

As Moorcrofts were chasing me for £6644.84 and the screenshots they sent me says the same surely this must be the amount and the amount on there latest offer letter is wrong?

Do you think they are charging a fee here to close the account which in effect would be early and did not go the full term?

Any thoughts on this please

sigpic

Comment

It could be a fee PF - I know back in the days when OH and I were flush with cash and we attempted to settle a loan with LTSB early there was a fee for doing so (£250 I think) and the girl we spoke to at the bank actually advised us to make a payment that didn't quite cover the full amount then the following month pay the remainder, thus avoiding the fee!

I wouldn't trust them an inch though and it would obviously be best to get other more expert opinions than mine :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Well it differs by just over £200 so you could be right and if that is the case it would be cheaper to settle it with moorcrofts

They have a cheek dont they lol

sigpic

Comment

I will offer them the amount off £6644.84 which the amount they closed at and the amount moorcrofts were chasing for in full and final take it or leave it and that I believe to be very generous all things considered.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    I will offer them the amount off £6644.84 which the amount they closed at and the amount moorcrofts were chasing for in full and final take it or leave it and that I believe to be very generous all things considered.
                    Sounds very generous to me after what you've been through PF - but still best not to rush into anything............after all you need the money back first! Will they pay it to you though or take the balance owed first? I'm only thinking that in my case with both our LTSB loans whilst there is still an outstanding balance owing, the refunds were paid by cheque to us.

Comment

Well they have said I can have it in cash, but (lol there is always a but) I would have to sign a new agreement first this defeats the object as i do not want a new loan.

So we would have to reach a settlement which both me and the bank are in agreement with and then they sent me the balance via chq.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        I'm sure that as soon as you accept the refund they will be sending you a statement showing the amount required to clear your account--why not just wait for that to arrive?

Comment

Middenmess,

I already have a complete payment history of the account which is already closed and the amount they closed it at was £6644.82. So can they expect anymore than that figure I think not.

sigpic

Comment

Apologies from the maths geeks, PF. Marshy and Turbo have both been a bit busy with other things recently, and I've 'been away for a bit' from here. I hope we can reply in here soon with regard to the loan #9 offer being discussed currently, as we HAVE been discussing things off-thread.

Just to return to loan #1, if I may, us 3 geeks have been discussing the Loan #1 offer, and we are almost in agreement. Just so you know the state of play, and can make any further decisions, we have between us arrived at this stage:-

2 of us agree that £1540 is a fair offer, and 1 of us reckons it should be £1630, so we agree within £100.

We all agree that you should also expect compensation from them, and £400 seems a reasonable expectation. Unless the claim goes to the FOS, you will probably have to demand this, though.

Basically, I'm suggesting that you aim for £1630 + £400 compo = £2030 total, but be prepared to accept £1540 + less compo. If their offer is lower than you are prepared to accept, then you will need to decide if it is worth referring it to the FOS.

HTH, mate.

Comment

We'll go back to post 620 bill & start from there-forget about Loan 1 now---earlier PF has posted everrything re Loan 9---lets look at that---but I think PF has accepted ---is that right PF?

Comment

Yes I have informally accepted latest offer as an increase of £700 was made on loan 1.

I now feel that I have taken this complaint as far as I can after all they denied all knowledge of Loan 1 at the start and through the brilliant help I have received from everyone here and my steadfastness I have now got what I consider A good offer on that loan.

As per Loan 9 taking into consideration the rebate of £914.20 that the bank returned to the Loan and the offer they have made on that one I feel it is about right.

The only bit I am now confused about is the varying amounts stated to settle the loan but I have made on offer to settle as per the balance on the screenshot they sent me.

The settlement on the offer letter was some £200 higher why I do not know early settlement fee maybe?

Anyway as Moorcrofts the DCA was also chasing me for the amount on the screenshot that's what I have offered if they refuse ill just tell them to pass it to a dca as they cannot charge any fees lol

All in all there offer now is a good one and to be honest I have now got to the stage where I do not want to fight anymore and just want the peace.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X