• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

just keep on going...

Comment

well done PF. good on ya mate.

Comment

i think ill send them back the 4p attached to a ty letter lol
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Hi PF,

Have only just seen this update as we were away yesterday visiting our families in your neck of the woods...........I'm so pleased for you and Mrs PF that this good news has come just in time for you and your family to have a Very Merry Christmas in celebration of finally getting shot of the Co-op bank! :27: Nellie xxx

Comment

That's great news PF. So glad it's all over for you at last - and just in time for a 'Proper Crimbo' !!!!
            :cancan::cancan::cancan::cancan:

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
              That's great news PF. So glad it's all over for you at last - and just in time for a 'Proper Crimbo' !!!!
              :cancan::cancan::cancan::cancan:
              I'm also glad its over Bill---lol

Comment

Phew..... well done Pompeyfaith. All done and dusted at last.:santa_smiley:

Comment

Well I hope so, just have to await the FOS letter and see its contents, but the bank and myself are now in agreement as to there offer and my counter offer.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                    Phew..... well done Pompeyfaith. All done and dusted at last.:santa_smiley:

Marshy Sweetness---where you been---Merry Christmas gal!!!:cancan:

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                      Marshy Sweetness---where you been---Merry Christmas gal!!!:cancan:
                      Merrrrrrrryyyyy Christmas to you too Turboman.:26::3560_7606:

Comment

A BIG WELL DONE & Many Congratulations PF, soooooooooooo happy for you!

:cancan::cancan::cancan:

Comment

Just noticed this PF, congratulations well done !!!

Comment

rohan

Thank you yes it is quite a weight of my mind now that the loan is now paid off in full and the current account is cleared less the charges

Now it is time to do battle with all the dca's that have harrassed me over the past 2.5 yrs

Regards

sigpic

Comment

Right, onto stage 2 or is 3 lol anyway possible action against the DCA's looking up on the various guidelines at the oft and the csa also the CPUTR2008.

Anywhere else I should be looking ?
                              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 20th January 2011, 21:08:PM.

sigpic

Comment

Right,

Aggressive commercial practices

7.—(1) A commercial practice is aggressive if, in its factual context, taking account of all of its features and circumstances—

(a)it significantly impairs or is likely significantly to impair the average consumer’s freedom of choice or conduct in relation to the product concerned through the use of harassment, coercion or undue influence; and

(b)it thereby causes or is likely to cause him to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise.

(2) In determining whether a commercial practice uses harassment, coercion or undue influence account shall be taken of—

(a)its timing, location, nature or persistence;

(b)the use of threatening or abusive language or behaviour;

(c)the exploitation by the trader of any specific misfortune or circumstance of such gravity as to impair the consumer’s judgment, of which the trader is aware, to influence the consumer’s decision with regard to the product;

(d)any onerous or disproportionate non-contractual barrier imposed by the trader where a consumer wishes to exercise rights under the contract, including rights to terminate a contract or to switch to another product or another trader; and

(e)any threat to take any action which cannot legally be taken.

(3) In this regulation—

(a)“coercion” includes the use of physical force; and

(b)“undue influence” means exploiting a position of power in relation to the consumer so as to apply pressure, even without using or threatening to use physical force, in a way which significantly limits the consumer’s ability to make an informed decision.
                                Prohibition of the promotion of unfair commercial practices

4. The promotion of any unfair commercial practice by a code owner in a code of conduct is prohibited.
                                Am I right in my thinking that whilst my complaint was with the FOS it was firmly in dispute and no action including court action could be taken.

And if so they had no right under The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 to be harassing me and putting me under undue pressure.

Have found the above extract thus far.
                                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 20th January 2011, 20:50:PM.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X