• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

Bill see Chatbox

Comment

Damn you.

You KNOW I don't like the chatbox.

Comment

Greetings One and All,

Right, I was thinkingof making a complaint with regards to the conduct of the FOS in my case but after reading this I'm now wondering if it will be worth it.

http://www.financial-ombudsman-probl...20assessor.htm

Going by what has been said here there are many similarities to my own case

http://www.financial-ombudsman-problems.co.uk/
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Just £48,000 a year!

Well worth the money as anyone holding this post has to be a genius if I've got my maths right!

166 cases investigated in one year.

Assuming 6 weeks holiday and a 7 hour working day that's a case dealt with every 3.5 hours on their 2 day week.

Can you imagine being able to read reports and work out by checking and referencing the merits of a case which probably all run to many pages and then putting their findings into a report inside 3.5 hours?

Amazing talent!
          Last edited by middenmess; 25th November 2010, 21:49:PM. Reason: Missing words.

Comment

Middenmess,

Quite, think ill give it a miss as it is not worth my time and effort which is totally wrong to have that view but there you are, the FOS is untouchable.

Besides I got another £700 out of the bank which was my own doing with the help of this forum and with no help from the FOS as they said the offer was correct lol

Guess I have proved that wrong.

So this complaint I now believe has gone as far as it can.
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 25th November 2010, 21:59:PM.

sigpic

Comment

Read more at: PPI and Court - Page 25 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
              LOL you'll miss all that letter writing and researching------------NOT!

Comment

Right now lets see how quick they are in paying up, too much to hope before xmas no doubt.

sigpic

Comment

PF, it is always best for one to make a complaint about the FOS. If, one feels that their service could be called into question.

Far too many remain silent on such matters. Thus, nothing is logged on their statistics re: the concerns of the individual.

Yes, it is time consuming but isn't everything?

Comment

Just going to add this again so we can all have a laugh

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      Just going to add this again so we can all have a laugh
                      A laugh at what Pompeyfaith? I don't understand your comment?

Comment

Middenmess,

Quite, think ill give it a miss as it is not worth my time and effort which is totally wrong to have that view but there you are, the FOS is untouchable.

Besides I got another £700 out of the bank which was my own doing with the help of this forum and with no help from the FOS as they said the offer was correct lol

Guess I have proved that wrong.

The offer was correct PF, it was just the repayments made against the PPI that they offered as they said they did not have the paperwork so it was actually correct and FOS were correct to say the offer was correct.

As regards the other £700 odd that you were offered this was the amount charged when you settled the loan early plus the 8% statutory interest as they said they had suddenly got the statements.

Had you decided to complain to FOS what would your complaint actually be out of interest?

Comment

the letter and there attempt to give feeble excuses for there failings they have had the payment history for loan 1 from day 1 that is a fact this whole saga has been nothing more than damage limitation on there part i thought that before and now the proof is there in black and white

sigpic

Comment

they have not suddenly got the statements come on they have those computer screenshots all along
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            marshy have you read the lord Hunt's report on the fos?
                            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 26th November 2010, 18:32:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

they have not suddenly got the statements come on they have those computer screenshots all along
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                              marshy have you read the lord turner report on the fos?
                              So you feel that you have been hard done by? Is that correct Pompeyfaith?

My own assumption on this matter was that some over at the other site told you that you were due back 20K odd and that is where it all began. Lots accept the offers made by FOS and are grateful (i know some are not) to what they get back as the service is free and you do not have to give up 25% of your claim. The only real way of knowing is to get it checked by a solicitor or someone that knows how to work these figures out and also to get a SAR for which mostly you would be charged for that privelege of both. As it was your figures were correct at the time and you felt they were not.

I feel that FOS do a fairly good job TBH PF (although I will most probably get slated for that one!!) but overall they need to make some improvements. It was not FOS that failed on your case PF in my view, it was cause the Co-op did not back up their figures only to FOS. That is where the SAR comes in handy but again, what laws dictate them having to send you statements on a closed account of over 10 years ago? I know that I have it in writing that FOS are not obliged to "make" the firm give these details out and for you to actually get hold of these I would say again, you would most probably be charged for legal assistance in doing so. I for one am grateful to what the FOS helped me with. I don't know where we would be without them TBH.

Comment

marshy this has nothing to do with otr this is to do with the coop withholding information that they have always had and is not one isolated issue but many the fos said there first offer of jurt over 5k was fair and i should accept if i did where would i be now over 3k down thats where the bank said the first loan agreement was no longer available as they had distroyed it but on a second request it was sent to me

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X