• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI and Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PPI and Court

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u..._reference.htm

Comment

Well done PF, another £700, wow......

Still not enough though is it to what you thought you were due back????Are you going to accept and have they dropped the charges for putting the loan/account in dispute etc? From what I can remember there were some charges made by them. Have they agreed anything with regards to these. How do you stand there.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
        Ok---PF is going to dig his heels in--I have given my opinion

However--to summarise & reccollect- for those not following this discussion - I detail below what the issues are:

PF has been offered over £7,400 on 9 loans--but Loan 1 is being discussed here

1--On Loan 1-Pf has a copy of the agreement

[ATTACH]4180[/ATTACH]

2--We have a detailed calculation sheet for this Loan 1 with details of the goodwill offer of £806 (18 payments PF not 14)

[ATTACH]4185[/ATTACH]

3--Based upon Rule of 78 Theory--If Pf Settled the loan for approx £4,570 he would be due back approx £851 + 8% which would be a total of £1,540 EXTRA on top of the £800-ish

The issue being discussed is that Co-op have both ignored this "possible settlement" & also are thwarting his attempts to get to the bottom of it via a formal DSAR

[ATTACH]4182[/ATTACH]

Turbo
        Turbo, just looking at you figures here? If PF is getting refunded for the above loan as per as if he made 19 payments and then settled the loan using rule 78 then I too am in agreement with the redress being near on 2.5K with the statutory interest.

The have obviously forgotton the amount they charged at settlement (as they have now said you did actually settle the loan after 19 payments I assume) using rule 78 which was around £800 odd quid (and then statutory interest on top of this!!!).
        Last edited by marshallka; 20th November 2010, 17:41:PM.

Comment

Marshy---Sorry--no offence

But been watching Rugby--and as you know---thats at local Rugby Club or Pub--Give me a couple of hours please to collect my train of thought if you will--BUT--we are on the right track---musen't be too aggresive----just in case there is an actual PPI refund in the woodwork as well

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Marshy---please give me recovery time--and don't tell anybody what we've been up to!

See you around 2 hours-or if not tomorrow

Sorry--PF--Mrs Turbo says I'm r-T ars-d!!!

Comment

Guys and Marshy,

Now we are getting closer, but one point I am aware of is this.

Since I stop paying the current loan because of the dispute which now even more shows it was the right decision they have continued to apply the interest this adds up to quiet a bit of dosh.

It is my opinion that had they played fair from the start this interest would not have accrued.

Admittedly they have paid out stat interest at 8% to the last offer, but the interest on the last loan was 10.5%.

Do you think I am within my rights to ask for 2.5% back to the point the claim started.

Or even 10.5% as the 8% is compensation for depriving me of my moneys for the last 11yrs

They say it is arrears but the point is those arrears would not be there made they made the right settlement at the right time.
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Sorry--PF--Mrs Turbo says I'm r-T ars-d!!!
              Turbs No worries mate your wife is correct, you take as much time as you need
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 20th November 2010, 18:25:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Hey PF

I hope I don't seem irreverant on your thread with being too flippant!

I give massive credit to those posters early doors who helped you through the procedural part of your claims before the "offers" & anaysis therin where I joined in as my usual subject area.

If you get involved with Mashy,Bill & Me (in particular)--What you see is what you get

Tonight:
                • I'm out of the game for a few hours owing to too many scoops at rugby
                • Bill is getting ready for work
                • Marshy is on the razz with hubby tonight
                So Tough---lol--PF--You know I take the ****- but its only light heartred--:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Comment

Right, am now drafting a letter to the FOS will post it here before sending.

sigpic

Comment

I hope I don't seem irreverant on your thread with being too flippant!

I give massive credit to those posters early doors who helped you through the procedural part of your claims before the "offers" & anaysis therin where I joined in as my usual subject area.

If you get involved with Mashy,Bill & Me (in particular)--What you see is what you get

Tonight:
                    • I'm out of the game for a few hours owing to too many scoops at rugby
                    • Bill is getting ready for work
                    • Marshy is on the razz with hubby tonight

So Tough---lol--PF--You know I take the ****- but its only light heartred--:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Turbs,

Thanks I am in no rush, and besides that gives me time to scan and send the Screenshots
                    and draft a letter to the FOS.

Those Screenshots are quiet faint so im having to increase the gama so you can read them.

Have a good evening all

sigpic

Comment

Marshy & me will look at loan 9 + original offer letter tomorrow!!! (which we left for the time being)!1

PS---anything to Simiantics@gmail.com

gets also access to Marshy!!
                      Last edited by Turboman; 20th November 2010, 20:36:PM.

Comment

Great that saves some time if I only need to send to one email address.

sigpic

Comment

Simiantics@gmail.com is a holding/discussion Google group for me & Bill & we then let Marshy see all as well!!---if we discuss internally--your thread will be 10,000 posts--lol--& confuse ourselveses!!!!!

Comment

Simiantics@gmail.com is a holding/discussion Google group for me & Bill & we then let Marshy see all as well!!---if we discuss internally--your thread will be 10,000 posts--lol--& confuse ourselves!!!!!

Indeed lol that sounds a good idea too.

sigpic

Comment

Ain't got nowt yet PF

Comment

Thanks Bill & Marshy------christ my head is sore!!

PF---Don't be too hasty yet!
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Awaiting Loan 1 info from PF---but what we have to anticipate I suspect-

-is a new PPI Refund having been given & coming out of the woodwork (as PF can't remember what he actually paid in cash to settle) which Marshy suspects is always normal for Co-Op

-which means 4570 settlement maybe too high & would be reduced by possible PPI refund & 1540 could possibly be right in total-we shall see once he sends his screenshot info to us
                                Last edited by Turboman; 21st November 2010, 15:19:PM. Reason: lost my way re 4750 vs 4570

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X