• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

i don't know if other people are aware that DS Marketing or even Company name:- The Fulfilment Store (TFS International)
    Unit 16, Aventine Way
    Glebe Farm Industrial Estate
    Rugby. CV21 1RH
    Telephone:- 01788 545555 are linked to deadsea blue or collagenta thats probably why no complaints have been recieved about them.Still awaiting a reply from the tracked letter which they have recieved so another day or so and they will be recieving letter number 2.Still no news from credit card company with regards to what they are going to do.

Comment

Hello!

I'm a new residential in London. I bought a deadsebeautykit (3.95 pounds) and the next month they stolen 97.95 pound from my card!!!

Can you help me?

You know, what is the quickly solution?

Thanks,
      Girly

Comment

Hi Girly,

Sorry to hear that you too have been duped by this firm.

What you need to do IMMEDIATELY is to contact your bank (if the cash has been taken from your account via a debit card), or your credit card provider. Tell them that you want to stop any further payments to these people.

You will also need to contact DS Marketing Ltd IMMEDIATELY to tell them that you want to withdraw from their 'auto-refill' programme. (Send an email and keep a copy).

If you don't do this, DS Marketing Ltd will take a further £97.95 from your account within a matter of weeks!

Whether or not your bank/credit card will refund the £97.95 already taken from your account is entirely up to them. Some banks/credit card companies are a lot more helpful/sympathetic than others!
        The annoying thing is ... if the amount taken was over £100 you'd have a legal right to claim a refund: but these crafty people have taken just £2.05 less than £100!

Comment

Just a little update. My credit card company have agreed to stop further payments but are unwilling to offer refunds or to stop the initial payment.

I have filed a report with Action Fraud and I would advise all of you to do the same. If we are going to get these people stopped then we must take action. It may not get us our money back but might just stop other people getting defrauded. You can fill in the forms over at http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ - takes about 20 mins but simple enough.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonbrood View Post
            Just a little update. My credit card company have agreed to stop further payments but are unwilling to offer refunds or to stop the initial payment.

I have filed a report with Action Fraud and I would advise all of you to do the same. If we are going to get these people stopped then we must take action. It may not get us our money back but might just stop other people getting defrauded. You can fill in the forms over at http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ - takes about 20 mins but simple enough.
            I'll certainly do that dragonbrood.

Comment

Hi,

Totally new to this, but I got double scammed. I am currently unemployed, and would not normally have bothered with this stuff, but I was a bit bored, so looked into this further. Nearly £200 gone out of my bank account.

I spoke to my bank, who quoted the terms and conditions at me!!! I have though returned the products, by guaranteed next day delivery. I am claiming under their 30 day money back 100% guarantee. (Section 7) The Ts&Cs don't indicate that the products should be unused. I have also emailed to say I never authorised these payments (although the bank suggest that I did). However, if the banks simply quote Ts&Cs, they are siding with the con artists. My bank have said that if I return the products, then I am entitled to a refund, but I need to prove they were returned. Not sure what will happen if the package is not signed for. Sorry if this is a bit garbled, but I was in tears this morning. Had saved up a bit of money for a treat over Easter, and now it is gone. And no one who can do anything seems to care.

I know it is not the banks job to sort out our inability to read the fine print, but when everything has Free all over it, it is gross misrepresentation.

I am still going to pursue this with my bank as a fraudulent payment, no matter what happens re the package. I am entitled to dispute any payments that go out of my account, and it is not the banks job to decide who should have my money.

Will keep everyone posted as to what happens next.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been scammed scubakay. A sum approaching £200 is a huge amount to lose and I can fully understand why you are so upset.

Apologies if you've already tried this ... but have you sent a copy of the ASA's (Advertising Standards Authority) adjudication against DS Marketing's dubious advertising strategy to your bank? I'm not saying that this will 'work' (it wasn't of any benefit to me) ... but at least your bank should acknowledge that you've been scammed by dodgy advertising; and it wasn't merely a case of you agreeing to something and then changing your mind; or failing to read the small print etc. This is the link to the adjudication:

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudi...DJ_202609.aspx

Amazingly ... after refunding my payment of £59.95, Santander "changed their mind" and not only did they debit the amount from my account, but they also accused me of trying to defraud DS Marketing Ltd ...!!! They even sent me a copy of DS Marketing Ltd's terms & conditions photo-copied onto Santander-headed note-paper!

Yes, do keep pursuing this ... complain to Trading Standards (most T.S Depts are useless ... but the more complaints that they receive about this firm, the better). Wherever you are in the UK, if you complain to your local council-tax funded TS Dept they have a duty to refer the matter to the TS Dept that deals with the area where DS Marketing Ltd's registered address is located (ie: London NW11 7TJ).

Good luck ... I hope you manage to recoup the cash that has been stolen from you.

Comment

Incidentally scubakay ... you say that you were scammed twice: did you actually receive 2 separate lots of the product? If you didn't, then this should give you more ammunition as DS Marketing will have failed to fulfil their own terms & conditions!

Also the amount involved in your case was "over £100" so you have rights to a refund under section 75 of your credit card/ bank card agreement. (One of the excuses that Santander gave to me was that the sum involved was "under £100" and therefore not covered by section 75).

Comment

Hi

Thanks for this. The reason I say twice is because I also signed up for the 'Activcallogen' - as the two together are supposed to work wonders according to the pics. (As an aside, they also have the following in their Ts&Cs '15. Legal Disclaimer: Our website may contain simulated imagery and/or manipulated graphics. Any such content is for strictly illustrative purposes only and We do not guarantee similar results.' So their pictures aren't real and genuine. I don't get how they think that they can simply contract out of misrepresentation!)

So, I ordered both. But guess what, exactly the same company is behind this product. I need to look at my card agreement (I paid by debit card), as two payments, just shy of £100 were taken, but obviously, and this can be supported, to the same company. I don't know whether this would still qualify for the £100. I am prepared to do battle with my bank over this if they don't refund the money now I have returned the goods within the 30 day time scale.

The thing I will argue is that the ad was clear, it said 'receive a free 30 day supply of Dead Sea Kit'. Then in their Ts&Cs, they change this. Now in terms of contract law, you can't have conflicting terms. Problem is, there is no one to sue, and the only thing you can do is pursue the bank, and report these people as suggested above.

It is though some consolation that I am not the only one. I feel just so damn stupid.

Comment

• Re: Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Just another thought, this link http://gb.daily-skincare.com/?&utm_content=183 show Clinique and Champneys products. I wonder if these companies are aware that pictures of their products are being used to promote a scam? Perhaps a project for me for next week, aside from getting on to my bank.

Comment

Ah ... I understand what you mean about being twice scammed now. These people are rapidly becoming more and more duplicitous as time passes.

Yes, they think nothing of incorporating reputable products and organisations into their misleading adverts. They use the 'cruelty free' logos of Peta and BUAV ... I checked the 'approved products list' of both of these 'against animal testing' organisations and there's no sign of 'Deadseakit' 'DS Marketing Ltd' (or any of the other names they use). I have reported this 'misuse of logos', but haven't received a reply (other than a request for a cash donation, from Peta!)

Well the company (DS Marketing Ltd) is registered to a Dutch woman ... so presumably this is the person to whom legal correspondence ought to be addressed:

Ms Neeltje Coree
                        Tak Van Poortvlietstraat 65
                        9602 Pb Hoogezand

(I googled the address and looked at 'street view' ... it's an anonymous-looking block of flats!)
                        Last edited by ZED; 21st March 2013, 17:57:PM.

Comment

Ok, so now I have returned the products, which I sent be next day delivery, and which have been signed for. The address I sent the products back to is the address in their terms and conditions,

United Kingdom:
                          DS Marketing Ltd.
                          C/O TFS
                          Pretorian Way
                          Glebe Farm Industrial Estate
                          Rugby
                          Warwickshire
                          CV21 1Rh

The bank said they would not refund my money because I had signed up to the terms and conditions, which enabled Deadsea to take the money. Well I have now returned the products, in accordance with the terms and conditions. I know I need to allow Deadsea time to make the repayment, but I will keep on top of this.

For info to anyone reading, prior to redundancy, I did work in an area relating to dodgy companies etc. You have to pursue the company, the directors hide behind the 'corporate veil', and it is impossible for creditors to do anything direct. In any case, the people behind this know it.

All we can do is work out how to get our money back, and warn others. I have a few more thoughts, but need to see what happens next.

Whilst people have been charged for the goods, I would suggest returning the products as I have done, providing it is within 30 days. Pay to send by guaranteed next day delivery, keep the receipt and a screen print to show that the parcel was signed for. You have therfore complied with their terms of 100% guarantee of satisfaction. You are not satisfied, and therfore want your money back. I sent a covering letter explaining that the product had made no difference.

A little quirk in their Ts&Cs is that they state that they will charge a restocking fee of $1.49 prior to making a refund. Well, as most of us will have advised our banks that no further payments whatsoever are to be taken out of our account, include in the letter authority that they can take this money out of your refund. This is reasonable, and you are not trying to avoid meeting this payment.

Comment

WOW ... it's good to see that they have AT LAST accepted that unwanted tubs of goo can be returned to the address in Rugby! Until recently Neeltje Coree and her cronies insisted that the products HAD to be returned to a PO Box in Israel ... and it's impossible to send items via a trackable service to a P.O Box: so the chance of the package being (allegedly) 'lost in transit' was massive!

Well done scubakay ... if DS Marketing don't refund you, I can't see how your bank can possibly wriggle out of doing so!

Comment

Hi all,

Ive been done by this too!
                              so far they have gone for 2 x approx £80 from my bank & now they've put in for another £65 & sent me out another bottle of unwanted collagenta (no paperwork or senders details with it) despite me having an email saying no other products will be sent to me unless I order it & that my card won't be charged anything!

My bank (first direct) have been quite good to the point where they've upped my overdraft limit free of charge for a couple of weeks so that I can access the funds that are swallowed up by their requests.

My bank assures me that if the money goes out of my account, it will be refunded immediately, otherwise their request should drop off the system within 10 days?
                              I asked about closing my bank ac & opening a new one but they said no & seem intent on getting them struck off with visa (?).

:/
                              :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

With regards to returning the stuff....First direct told me not to bother with the new delivery, they said it wasn't my problem they've sent it & that I am covered by the visa guarantee now so will get refunded each time this happens....it's a pain but once they're struck of by visa, everybody will benefit from it
                                :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X