• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Thanks for the advice Celestine ... I'll do that now. Just one thing though ... the ASA document states that it's 'copyright': so presumably I can't print it in its entirety?

Comment

No, that won't restrict you sending Santander a copy and/or a link direct to the asa website to read it themselves.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Just checked D.S.Marketing's online advert again ... and although they've now removed the Union Jack flag, they have failed to comply with the ASA's other directions: so I'll be submitting a further complaint/screen shot to the ASA.

Furthermore, the cost of this 'free trial' has now escalated from the £59.95 being discussed on this thread to a whopping £89.95 (for the same 3 products)!

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
          I think you should approach Santander again with a copy of the ASA ruling.
          Just received my reply from Santander ...
          "Further to your recent claim, regarding your above numbered credit card. I understand you are claiming under Section 75 of the Condumer Credit Act for a transaction value of £59.95.

Santander acknowledges that where there has been a breach of contract or misrepresentation by a merchant, the Bank may be held jointly and severally liable under the Act.

However, Section 75 only applies to claims for transactions of a minimum value of £100.00. Therefore, in this case, the Act does not apply and Santander does not accept liability for the disputed amounts.

I understand this is not the outcome you were hoping for but do hope you can understand the reasons this decision has been made."

Oh well ... I tried!

Incidentally ... DS Marketing Ltd now have adverts on Facebook "IMPLYING" that they are seeking "product testers" and/or are giving away "free samples". These adverts are amongst those that appear down the right-hand side of every FB page. I clicked on the link, visited DS Marketing's FB page and was horrified to see how many people have 'liked' them (and presumably have been hood-winked into applying for the "free trial"). I've left several messages/comments on the page warning people TO READ THE SMALL PRINT before they apply (the small print, incidentally, is still printed in a hard-to-read pale grey font - despite the ASA's insistance that it ought to be made more obvious). Unfortunately though, my 'warnings' are always deleted within minutes of being posted!

Comment

Just to update, which I hope is the end of it all

DPD tried to deliver our package twice but unfortunately we were out so just put a card through the door. Also warned the neighbours not to accept any packages for us.

Received an e mail 2 days later from DS Marketing saying the goods had been returned to them so the post to Israel must be fast!

Have changed our cards with MBNA

£3.95 out of pocket but an awful lot wiser!!

Comment

Phew ... you've had a lucky escape fileydave ... well done!

It's amazing how quickly the pots of goo arrive from Israel in the first place ... and without a customs label attached: a truly miraculous achievement by DS Marketing!

Comment

Valerie when it comes off your bank what does it come off under my bank say they can't do anything because its not a company name it's under dsmark*d

Comment

Originally posted by ZED View Post
                  Actually, I've just ploughed part of the way through this firm's t&cs

Firstly:

Despite stating that: "As part of our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, for any reason, you can return the product up to 30 days after delivery of your order for a full refund of the initial purchase"

They then proceed with: "Any returned items must be unused, in their original condition and packaging. We cannot issue refunds for returned items that are damaged, opened, used or tampered with in any way whatsoever evident."

Q: How can a customer know whether they're "dissatisfied" or not if they're not allowed to open the pots of goo?

Secondly:

They state that: "We" are the service and goods provider of Deadseabeautykit.com, DS Marketing Limited, a company formed in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland." And yet when a customer wants to return a product and claim a refund, he/she has to despatch the items to a P.O Box in Israel.

Thirdly:

In their 'shipping policy' they state that: "We are not responsible for lost or stolen items". Surely that is in contravention of the UK's DSRs?

Hi
                  I am the latest victim (of my own stupidity I guess) and fallen for this too good to be true scam...
                  Is there any news since you good folks posted on this issue.
                  I realised my mistake as soon as I made the postage payment and alerted the credit card company who tell me they cannot do anything until the payment has gone through (3.95).
                  I want to avoid the following payments etc.

I have contacted them of course and sent an email to my credit card company (as well as phoning them)
                  Any suggestions?
                  Anna

Comment

Originally posted by Anna689 View Post
                    Hi
                    I am the latest victim (of my own stupidity I guess) and fallen for this too good to be true scam...
                    Is there any news since you good folks posted on this issue.
                    I realised my mistake as soon as I made the postage payment and alerted the credit card company who tell me they cannot do anything until the payment has gone through (3.95).
                    I want to avoid the following payments etc.

I have contacted them of course and sent an email to my credit card company (as well as phoning them)
                    Any suggestions?
                    Anna
                    Hi Anna,

Sorry to hear that you too have fallen prey to these unscrupulous scammers.

DSMarketing Ltd (t/a Deadseakit.com*LONDON) now have adverts on Facebook as well as a google 'pop up' ... I looked at the F/B advert recently (quote: "product testers wanted") and noticed that they're now charging their victims £87.95 for the 3 small jars of base cream. (A sharp increase from £59.95, which was the amount when I got scammed last year!)

Trading Standards are not willing to assist consumers with this scam ... and The Office of Fair Trading claim that it's "not the sort of issue they deal with" (?)! The Advertising Standards Authority have made an attempt to get them to behave reasonably, but DSMarketing Ltd simply haven't bothered to comply with the ASA's instructions (apart from removing the Union Jack from their advert). So unfortunately you can't expect to get any help from the organisations that one would assume exist solely to assist consumers who have been duped by this sort of scam! Banks behave variably ... for example, I found that Santander are no help whatsoever (ie: they're very keen to forward payments to DSMarketing Ltd) whereas other victims have had more success with different banks.

It's good that you have already alerted you credit card company to what has happened.

The following advice is based on my own experience, and that of other consumers who have fallen into the trap of believing that they were volunteering as 'product testers'. (There are similar threads to this one on other consumer forums).

It seems certain that you'll lose some cash whatever you do ... the main thing now is to mimimise your loss.
                    The package will be delivered to your address within the next couple of days. DSMarketing Ltd are lying about the fact that the products are shipped from Israel ... in fact they're dispatched from 'somewhere' in the UK: which is why delivery is SO quick!
                    Don't open any of the jars. Return the product in an unused condition as soon as possible, by taking it to a Post Office ... ask to send the package via a 'trackable' service so that you will receive 'proof' that the product has been received by the scammers. (Unfortunately it seems that the product has to be sent to a P.O Box in Israel as DSMarketing have stated repeatedly that they will not cancel the auto-refill obligation if the tubs of goo are returned to their London address).

The postage will be relatively expensive (sorry but I have no idea of the precise amount as it's based on weight ... but if you weigh the package you'll get some idea via the Royal Mail's 'price finder' website page: http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder ).

Alert both DSMarketing and your Credit Card Company to the fact that you've returned the unwanted/unused product ... send them a scan of your P.O receipt.

Hopefully the autorefill obligation will then be cancelled ... you'll lose the £3.95 that you've paid for postage, and also the return postage: but at least that's a small loss compared to having £87.95 deducted from your account every month!

Good luck with it.

Comment

I have been treated same.got a shock of 59.95 poundsI have not touch this product.I did not speak the company yet.lets see what kind of rubbish they will explain to me.

Comment

Hi Zed
                        I got an email from them this morning stating that they have cancelled my order and account and will refund me. However there is no sign of any refund as yet. I replied back thanking them (might as well remain polite) and demanded to be refunded today. I have also told them I have given instructions to the card company.
                        In the meantime, I am speaking with BarclayCard who are dragging their feet so I have logged an official dispute. Let's see what happens.
                        If the package turns up, I will refuse it I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna689 View Post
                          Hi Zed
                          I got an email from them this morning stating that they have cancelled my order and account and will refund me. However there is no sign of any refund as yet. I replied back thanking them (might as well remain polite) and demanded to be refunded today. I have also told them I have given instructions to the card company.
                          In the meantime, I am speaking with BarclayCard who are dragging their feet so I have logged an official dispute. Let's see what happens.
                          If the package turns up, I will refuse it I think.
                          Yes, refusing to accept the package would be good ... this is what fileydave did: see post #50.

Comment

NEWS... fresh off my card account: they have reimbursed the £3.95! I nearly fell off my chair!:cancan:
                            Lesson learned I guess.

But the thing to do is:
                            - As soon as you realise, get in touch with card company,
                            - Give them all the details that you have (this site has been a godsend in that regard as I even copied the adjudication into the email conversation with the card company. That helped them realise I was dealing with fraudsters),
                            - Contact the merchant and tell them that you want to cancel the order, your account and tell them that under UK trading law consumers are entitled to 7 days to change their mind
                            - That you will contact Trading Standards for malpractive (even if TS don't care)
                            - Tell them that you have given your card company instructions to stop any future payments linked to this fraud.
                            - Be firm but polite
                            - Cross fingers!

- Finally refuse the goods if they still turn up

This worked for me.
                            I also put a message on facebook about them (a scam).

What about doing a collective action/mail to the main offices of Trading Standard and/or to BBC Watchdog?

Comment

Congratulations on a splendid result Anna689!

I put repeated comments ("Please read the small print on the adverts for product testers") on DS Marketing Ltd's Facebook page ... but they were swiftly removed!

I'd certainly be up for taking collective action against them ... Actually I contacted Trading Standards AGAIN last week (this time it was re: the total lack of ingredient list ... in contravention of the relevant law) but the disinterest of my local Trading Standards Odffice (in Sefton, Merseyside) is incredible.

Comment

Hi Zed
                                I will contact my local TS office this week and see what they have to say. I might have got off very lightly indeed, bar some sleepless hours and an unhealthy heap of stress, but scammers like this deserve all the aggro they can get. At least I did not lose any money, but still...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X