• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Originally posted by bertie30 View Post
    I can certainly give the bank an undertaking that any goods received will be sent tracked delivery to Rugby. That's if I ever see them.
    You do not need to give the bank any undertaking.

Just revoke the Continuous Payment Authority.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help on this, I am going to send the "rubbish goo" to the Rugby address, recorded delivery and do the covering letter/email etc anything I can think of!! I have cancelled my debit card (told the bank I lost it, so they cancelled and going to send a new one) will also let them know about stopping any further payments to this company. Or is that not necessary? Bit confused on that one! Feel a fool to fall for this, as I am usually up on these things! will keep you informed!

Comment

Originally posted by Hels64 View Post
        Thanks everyone for the help on this, I am going to send the "rubbish goo" to the Rugby address, recorded delivery and do the covering letter/email etc anything I can think of!! I have cancelled my debit card (told the bank I lost it, so they cancelled and going to send a new one) will also let them know about stopping any further payments to this company. Or is that not necessary? Bit confused on that one! Feel a fool to fall for this, as I am usually up on these things! will keep you informed!
        It’s very important to contact the bank and cancel the Recurrent Payment Authority ... even though you have a different card/card number, DS Marketing can still purloin cash from your account, from what I can gather.

Comment

Just a quick point re the continuous payment authority - this is for the auto refill system that they try and inflict on people. The payment that will be deducted after the 14 days, if they consider that the goods have not been returned, is a payment for the trial product, and does not come under the continuous payment authority. Your bank/credit card company may well consider these distinct from each other.

Return the goods, send emails to Dead Sea and to your bank, and cancel any payments whatsoever for whatever sum.

Comment

Please don’t feel foolish ... because you’re not! The advert was extremely misleading: that’s why the Advertising Standards Authority made an adjudication against the DS Marketing on 4 counts. The scammers have broken all sorts of rules and regulations that exist in order to protect consumers .... it’s just a shame that the organisation that exists to protect consumers from these scams “can’t be bothered” to do what they’re paid to do.

Comment

Just to add to Zed's post - no one should feel stupid about this - I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent, and I got conned. The whole way it works, making you feel that there is only a very limited amount of products, and one is being saved for you, that you need to be quick, etc etc, is all cleverly designed to con us, making us make a quick decision and not enabling proper reading of the small print.

What I hope is that more people read these posts, and realise that they are not alone, and will join in in putting pressure onto the relevant Government Departments to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by ZED View Post
                Please don’t feel foolish ... because you’re not! The advert was extremely misleading: that’s why the Advertising Standards Authority made an adjudication against the DS Marketing on 4 counts. The scammers have broken all sorts of rules and regulations that exist in order to protect consumers .... it’s just a shame that the organisation that exists to protect consumers from these scams “can’t be bothered” to do what they’re paid to do.
                Last week I also wrote to Warwickshire Trading Standards about the Fulfilment Store. Innocent or not, they've been complicit in this scam for many months now. I urge everyone to do the same. I got a lengthy response that sets out the law and has asked for full details of the company to be placed on a central database and referred forward on points of law. Of course, every detail gleaned from here and elsewhere will be provided.

Comment

Just to point out that in Israel that this particular company is closed Friday and Saturday - but will be open on Sunday for anyone brave enough to phone them. I really suggest at least one of you should phone as this is the place where they instructed you to send back the goo. Plus do not forget to get anything they say backed up in writing, as you will need proof going forwards to bring down DS Marketing Ltd to stop them doing this to other people.

Will someone please post up what the answer is after they have spoken?

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                  I suggested to ZED that anyone who sent the products back to Israel and have still had money taken from their credit/debit card should phone the company in Israel as in ZED's last post and ask them if they actually notify DS Marketing when goods are returned to them and do they then credit back DS Marketing Ltd with the product that is returned?

Someone needs to phone them to ascertain what the tie up situation is between the two companies, as if the company in Israel are just a wholesaler and nothing to do with DS Marketing other than them being a customer buying stuff under their own label.

Now if Israel does not relay to DS Marketing Ltd that any of the samples have been returned and do not have that facility or agreement to do so then the TS should be able to look into this scam a lot further. You also have distance selling regs as Clever Clogs has already pointed out. Whoever has a conversation with the Israeli company needs this to be backed up in writing to take this complaint further IMHO.

Comment

Being closed on Saturday makes sense for a business based in Israel, but being closed on Friday also?

Do they employ mostly Muslims?

Comment

Hello Hels64.
                      .You can contact the scammers by email to tell them that you’ve changed your mind and don’t wish to take part in their ‘free trial’, and neither do you wish to receive any products from them in the future. There’s a ‘contact’ link at the bottom of all of their online adverts: here’s one, for example https://www.deadseakit.com/
                      Ignore the waffle about sending stuff back to Israel ... that’s all part of the scam. If any products do arrive and you want to return them, they can be returned to the address in Rugby ... see no. 7 in their ‘terms and conditions’: https://www.deadseaset.com/promo/terms.html
                      The address is: DS Marketing Ltd.
                      C/O TFS
                      Pretorian Way
                      Glebe Farm Industrial Estate
                      Rugby
                      Warwickshire
                      CV21 1Rh.
                      Make sure your bank is aware that you want to cancel the ‘Continuous Payment Authority’ that you have inadvertently set up with this company: you have a legal right to cancel the payment arrangement, so don’t be fobbed off by bank staff who tell you that only DS Marketing can cancel it. Incidentally, the scammers plunder money using different names ... your bank will need to be made aware of these variants ... they took my money using the name deadseakit.com*LONDON.
                      I have been on the link above, last night it was the Rugby address (I copied and pasted the address into Word, for my label), Went back onto this link this morning and that address in Rugby has gone! they have changed it to the Israel one! Cheeekyyy B**ers! Will bite the bullet and post back to Israel, have contacted the bank and they said I shouldnt get anymore payments go out as I have changed my Debit card, but to keep an eye on my account! Feel so bloody annoyed and sick about this! but just want the damn package out of my house! Have also set my account on the dead sea site to NO AUTO REFILL, so hope they take note, or perhaps they will change that too??!! Thanks for all of your help guys! x

Comment

I have been on the link above, last night it was the Rugby address (I copied and pasted the address into Word, for my label), Went back onto this link this morning and that address in Rugby has gone! they have changed it to the Israel one! Cheeekyyy B**ers! Will bite the bullet and post back to Israel,
                        Don't do that.

Just because those spivs choose to ignore the Distance Selling Regulations, that does not mean you must do likewise.

Comment

From Boots..

'Thanks to customers like you, we are fully aware of this BOGUS (my capitals) company. Our online and loss prevention teams are currently working on a permanent fix to stop this happening again'.

BOGUS, FRAUD, call it what you will. The body of evidence and awareness grows....

Comment

I have been on the link above, last night it was the Rugby address (I copied and pasted the address into Word, for my label), Went back onto this link this morning and that address in Rugby has gone! they have changed it to the Israel one! Cheeekyyy B**ers! Will bite the bullet and post back to Israel, have contacted the bank and they said I shouldnt get anymore payments go out as I have changed my Debit card, but to keep an eye on my account! Feel so bloody annoyed and sick about this! but just want the damn package out of my house! Have also set my account on the dead sea site to NO AUTO REFILL, so hope they take note, or perhaps they will change that too??!! Thanks for all of your help guys! x
                            I’ve just phoned the people in Rugby ... the staff member I spoke to confirmed that they are not equipped to take returns on behalf of DS Marketing Ltd.
                            I asked whether TFS (Rugby) were aware that their address had been published online as part of the scammers ‘terms and conditions’ as the address to where unwanted products should be sent.
                            She said that they were aware of this ... and they have instructed DS Marketing to remove all reference to TFS from their website.
                            She then gave me a phone number which is apparently the scammers head office: 0203 6429301. I googled the number ... In the UK, an 0203 number is a normal landline phone number within the London (020) area code. (I’m investigating ‘reverse look-up' at the moment!)

Comment

“Callers can reach 0203 London numbers from any location in the world, with the calls being diverted to any landline or mobile located anywhere in the world.
                              This provides businesses with enormous flexibility in handling international markets along with multiple offices and staff locations while providing a Virtual London Phone Presence.”
                              ... from http://www.non-geographic-number.co.uk/0203.htm...
                              (My underlining). So DS Marketing Ltd remain as slippery as eels!

Comment

I asked whether TFS (Rugby) were aware that their address had been published online as part of the scammers ‘terms and conditions’ as the address to where unwanted products should be sent.
                                So just send the drek to their registered office in Finchley Road.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X