• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Originally posted by moorhen View Post
    My problem with this product ... is that it does not seem to be suitable for fair and sensitive skin.
    One might doubt that the Dead Sea drek is suitable for any human skin. Hippopotamus hide, perhaps...

And is the Collagenta active Collagen Serum also a product of the same company?
    The WHAT??

Yes, I do still recall enough of the biochemistry I once studied to know that collagen is a vital part of connective tissue and of the skin - link

However, if one's skin were at all permeable to collagen applied externally, one would probably dissolve whenever one took a shower. Water is a much smaller molecule. :rofl:

Taking collagen capsules is equally futile, as they would either be digested into amino acids in one's gut, or just shat back out again having done no good other than to the bank balance of that pestilential, polypeptide peddling pill pusher.

Comment

Yes, the Collagenta active Collagen Serum is also a product of the same company. They try to pretend that they are not, but they are.

I bought both products (apparently you needed both to get the youthful looks/nasty skin reaction*)

* delete as applicable.

When I complained, I was getting emails about the products from the same person, at the Deadsea email address.

Comment

Some more info from my cousin in Israel

ADDRESS-HASHAHAF 1 CASEREA 30889

POB 5381 CASEREA.

PHONE-0406262018

SELOLARE-0528560255

(AS I TOLD YOU YOU DIAL 972 52 8560255)

FAX 04-6360607

WEBSITE-WWW.JERICHOCOSMETICS.COM

COMPANY NO-512779687

STARTED AT 5/1999

OWNERS-SEGEV ELLI ID 060659414

SEGEV LILIAN ID 068133834

FROM THE DESCRUPTION IT SOUNDS A GOOD COMPANY /

THEY HAVE SOME CONNECTED COMPANNIES IN THE SAME ADDRESS.

CAESARIA IMPORT EXPORT AND MARKETIING OFPACKAGES LTD

SAME ADDRESS

TEL

COMPANY NO 5141009354

FROM 3/2008

OWNERS SEGEV ELLI

SEGEV DROR ID 022391643

ADDRESS-HAMACCABIM 86 SHOHAM

FLUMA SOAPS LTD

SAME ADDRESS TEL 04-6262018

FAX 046360607

SAMME WEBSITE

COMPANY NO 512584749

FROM 1/1998

OWNERS –SEGEV ELLI AND LILIAN

JERICHO BATH SALTS LTD

ADDRESS-INDUSTRIAL AREA NORTH OR AKIVA 30600 POB 5381 CASEREA 38900

TEL 046261910

FAX 046360607

SAME WEBSITE COMPANY NO-510905409 FROM 11/1981

THIS COMPANY IS NOT ACTIVE AND WAS IN TROUBLE WITH BANKS

OWNERS-SEGEV ELLI AND LILIAN

I DIDN’T FIND ANY CONNECTION TO THE BRITISH COMPANNY OR THE DUCH WOMAN.

THE NEXT STEP IS TO CALL THEM……

AS THEY STATE THEY DO EXPORT THEY OBVIOUSLY KNOW ENGLISH.

PLEASE DON’T MENTION HOW YOU GOT THE INFORMATION.

ALTHOW ALL OF IT IS AVAILABLE IF ONE PAYS .

HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU/

IN ISRAEL WE HAVE A TV PROGRAM THAT HELPS PEOPLE LIKE YOUR CLIENTS

Comment

Originally posted by moorhen View Post
          I had £ 68,82 plus 69,95 taken from my Santander account, although I had returned the goods to the company, without opening them. I did use up the tiny trial pots I had received 4 weeks before. The bank told me that these scams are well known to them, and they will try to retrieve my money.
          However, I have not got the address of the company any more. The address on the product was the P.O.Box in Israel, which would not work for recorded delivery. I have big short term memory problems and now can't find where the receipts are for the goods and letter. I remember having seen an address in this post, and believe (hope ) it was the London one.
          My problem with this product (apart from the price and the manner we are being duped) is that it does not seem to be suitable for fair and sensitive skin.I have a very clear complexion, but after awhile little white bumps kept appearing, when opened my skin was flaky and in general my slightly rosy cheeks started turning flashed, with pink spots appearing in placed where I had none. Ha anybody else had a negative reaction to this product? And is the Collagenta active Collagen Serum also a product of the same company?
          It seems there is no such fool as an old fool!
          Firstly moorhen ... you're NOT a fool! Thousands of women, from all walks of life (and of all ages!) in the UK, the USA, and Canada, have been duped by a horrible Dutch woman called Neeltje Coree (director, manager, and very wealthy sole share-holder of DS Marketing Ltd). She is aided and abetted by a old bloke called David Pearlman (aged 74) who is another director, and someone called Robert Gersohn who is the company secretary.
          Their advert has been specifically designed to deliberately mislead unsuspecting consumers. DS Marketing Ltd is a duplicitous outfit. Just like the rest of us, you have fallen into the trap of believing that the 3 small (30ml) pots that you received were “free” samples ... but in actual fact, they weren’t “free” at all. According to the horrible Dutch woman’s dodgy ‘terms and conditions’ you were allowed to keep these 3 pots in your home for up to 14 days without using them. Within this fortnight there is an option of returning them (unused) to an unidentified address in the Middle East ... and unfortunately, failure to perform this impossible task results in considerable amounts of cash being purloined from the bank/credit card account of the duped customer.
          As you say moorhen ... there is little point in returning the products to the PO Box in Israel because the Royal Mail don’t operate a trackable service to a PO Box. (I imagine the same applies to all UK-based couriers firms?) And unfortunately the DS Marketing Ltd's London address is merely a shabby office which is used by over 700 other individuals/teams of crooks, in order to register their ‘businesses’ in the UK. (Interestingly, Pearlman and Gersohn operate at least one other business registered at 788 - 790 FINCHLEY ROAD, LONDON NW11 7TJ ... it's called "CENTRUM SECRETARIES LIMITED" Company Registration No. 04193935)

Yes indeed Santander are well aware of this scam ... and they’re making their own profit from it in the form of interest payments from their unlucky customers who have been duped by Coree, Pearlman and Gersohn. I found Santander to be useless in terms of ‘helpfulness’ ... in fact, they actually accused ME of attempting to defraud the horrible Dutch woman when I applied for a refund!
          You ask whether anyone else has reported a bad reaction to the Deadseakit product ... a victim who has posted on another consumer forum has described how her eyes became red and inflamed after using the ‘eye cream’.
          Last edited by ZED; 16th April 2013, 12:16:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            One might doubt that the Dead Sea drek is suitable for any human skin. Hippopotamus hide, perhaps...

The WHAT??

Yes, I do still recall enough of the biochemistry I once studied to know that collagen is a vital part of connective tissue and of the skin - link

However, if one's skin were at all permeable to collagen applied externally, one would probably dissolve whenever one took a shower. Water is a much smaller molecule. :rofl:

Taking collagen capsules is equally futile, as they would either be digested into amino acids in one's gut, or just shat back out again having done no good other than to the bank balance of that pestilential, polypeptide peddling pill pusher.
            The use of the word ‘serum’ is interesting. During the early 1970s I worked as a technician in a pathology lab ... and unless the meaning of the word has changed significantly since the era of flares and tank tops, serum was blood plasma with the clotting agents removed!

Comment

Originally posted by ZED View Post
              (Interestingly, Pearlman and Gersohn operate at least one other business registered at 788 - 790 FINCHLEY ROAD, LONDON NW11 7TJ ... it's called "CENTRUM SECRETARIES LIMITED" Company Registration No. 04193935)
              I believe that may be a "dummy secretary" used to sell ready-made, off-the-peg limited companies.

You ask whether anyone else has reported a bad reaction to the Deadseakit product ... a victim who has posted on another consumer forum has described how her eyes became red and inflamed after using the ‘eye cream’.
              Has anyone taken the gunge to Trading Standards to get the stuff analysed?

The reactions listed so far suggest (to me) that it might contain zinc oxide or lead oxide.

Comment

I believe that may be a "dummy secretary" used to sell ready-made, off-the-peg limited companies.

Has anyone taken the gunge to Trading Standards to get the stuff analysed?

The reactions listed so far suggest (to me) that it might contain zinc oxide or lead oxide.
                My local Trading Standards said that I would have to pay for the analysis myself. (Despite the fact that DS Marketing Ltd are contravening the regs. by not listing the ingredients/expiry date/contra-indications etc)

Comment

You mean ... something like a life-size inflatable doll ?!!! :bump2::bump2:

Comment

I have been conned too - just a moment of on-line inattention. Strange how supposedly reputable companies such as DPD - who delivered the parcel and The Fulfillment Store, Rugby who are the link that DPD give you - won't accept the returns, know all about the scam and are prepared to make money and take the business from DS Marketing in Finchley Road London, yet are not prepared to take any responsibilty for resolving or even better stopping this. I encourage you all to report this to as many authorities as possible

Comment

I just cannot quite understand why anyone would want to slather his/her face with drek from the Dead Sea.

Might it be called the Dead Sea because it does not support life other than a few extremophile microbes?

Comment

i have recently fell foul of this scam via facebook. i have contacted my bank (first direct) who initially reimbursed my £97.95, but then recharged because i had received the trial pots (i have had 2 lots of these), and the bank have told me they are aware of this scam and they will monitor my account from now on and block any further attempts to take out funds. i am going to send both lots of 'trial' tubs back to the address in Rugby (recorded deliver) and see where this gets me. i have also sent an email to the address at the bottom of their webpage ww.deadseabeautykit.com/promopts , telling them that i wish to cancel my subscription with them, and do not want the trial pots and will be returning them. also i have demanded a full refund and informed them that my bank will block any further attempts to withdraw funds and are acting on my behalf.

just a note to say thanks to all the advice given on this forum, it's been a great help.

Comment

Please keep us posted as to how this unfortunate event pans out for you, dee108v ...

Comment

Deal 1:

Dead Sea Kit (3 Pack) Daily TreatmentThe product that celebs use! Containing Dead Sea Minerals. You get to test a full 30 day supply of Smoothing eye Gel, Moisturizing Cream and Nourishing cream, this is our favourite product combo.
                            Highstreet Price:

£155.00
                            Your Price:

FREE
                            Postage:

£3.95

IT SAY'S YOUR PRICE FREE AND THAT IS MISLEADING..

Comment

Originally posted by jayg7 View Post
                              Dead Sea Kit (3 Pack) Daily TreatmentThe product that celebs use!
                              Oh, really?

Name one.

Containing Dead Sea Minerals.
                              Hello?

The Dead Sea got its name because it was not supposed to support life of any sort. In other words, it's - er - dead.

Although we now know that a few microbes may survive, the chemicals in the water do not support fish or other vertebrate life.

So why slap the stuff on one's skin?

Comment

Bizarrely, I received an advertisement from PayPal this morning ... they’re now expanding their empire by offering a ‘pick and pack’ service to the owners of e-commerce businesses.
                                Our order fulfilment service allows online sellers to outsource their storage, pick and pack service quickly, easily and cost effectively so they can focus on building their business.”
                                Obviously this is the same sort of set-up that DS Marketing rely upon, for the distribution of their products. (Although PayPal are referring to a different firm to the one used by the scammers). However I noticed that there’s no reference as to how returned products are dealt with … so (just out of curiosity) I’ve email the firm to enquire whether they accept/reimburse returned goods … or whether the e-commerce firms deal with this aspect of the transactions themselves.
                                Presumably there are some sort of ‘Trading Standards’ regulations in place to cover the practices of “fulfilment services” … and hopefully the response from this firm will give me some insight into whether or not DS Marketing Ltd’s goo can be legally returned to the Rugby warehouse. (The staff at Rugby seem to be peculiarly unwilling to answer questions!)
                                This is the question I’ve asked:
                                “If a customer wants to return the goods they have purchased, and receive a refund (as they are entitled to do, under the UK’s Distance Selling Regulations) ... am I correct in assuming that they would be asked to return the goods to your warehouse ; rather than to the office/HQ of the e-commerce business?”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X