• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Have not had chance today to ring trading standards, but i sent an email to deadsea,cancelling any more being sent,also said i was returning this kit
    I got an email back saying no more money would be deducted from my account,[ No they wont because i have made arrangements with the bank]
    I was offered the kit i have for £34-95, if i would like to keep it, If i wanted to return it,to send it to the address in Israel, i emailed back and said it must have come from London as it arrived only the day after i ordered it
    I got another email back saying it did come from Israel, and yes they had a place in London, but it wasnt equipped to take returns

Comment

Heard from someone today who says their kit had been opened and was shipped from Rugby, mine didnt say where from, but the flimsy clingfilm wrapping was hanging off,as if it had been opened

Comment

If anyone is still looking at this? i have rung trading Standards this morning, someone is ringing me back later,also rung the despatch place who have said they do the deliveries for this company www.tfstore.co.uk

Comment

Bellabrite are doing the same thing, they are from usa....read read read all small print, terms & conditions, read them if they are very small print and pages and pages of them then use the FIND app and find words such as cost, payments etc.

Comment

UPDATE; i cancelled the autorefill as soon as i realised this was a scam, which was the day i received the stuff, my bank said they would put a stop on the payments to the company, but i have had £59-95 taken from my bank from them,
            I am fuming,and cant wait to ring the bank on monday
            Just wondered how anyone else had got on with this issue

Comment

My wife also fell for this 2 days ago and almost immediately had second thought and replied to their confirmation E mail within half an hour telling them not to ship the order
              Despite this they replied the order had already been shipped!
              The order was placed at turned 7pm (UK)....whatever time that is in Israel
              Contacted MBNA who seemed to know all about this Company and promised to withhold any further payments.

My question is....WHY do the Credit card companies NOT stop them

Comment

Originally posted by fileydave View Post
                My wife also fell for this 2 days ago and almost immediately had second thought and replied to their confirmation E mail within half an hour telling them not to ship the order
                Despite this they replied the order had already been shipped!
                The order was placed at turned 7pm (UK)....whatever time that is in Israel
                Contacted MBNA who seemed to know all about this Company and promised to withhold any further payments.

My question is....WHY do the Credit card companies NOT stop them
                I don't know the answer to this fileydave. Unfortunately I submitted my Santander credit card details to this firm (assuming that I was merely going to be charged £3.95 for postage of the "free trial kit") Initially Santander refunded the additional £59.95 that DEADSEAKIT.COM*LONDON withdrew from my account ... but I recently received a letter from them to say that they had changed their mind, and would be debiting the £59.95 from my account after all!
                Very disappointing (I'll be closing my Santander account as a result) ... I'd even sent Santander details of the way in which Deadseakit.com's trading practices were 'illegal' due to the lack of ingredient information etc. on the product jars.

Comment

Paranoia has now set in and have cancelled MBNA card and ordered new ones.
                  I don't know if this is a coincidence but we have suddenly started to receive spam phone calls at all hours.
                  Do these people sell your phone No too?
                  I checked the numbers via the"Who calls me" website and these numbers are well known

Comment

sorry Fileydave, off the point, but please would you tell me that web address? Thanks! FM

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                      sorry Fileydave, off the point, but please would you tell me that web address? Thanks! FM

It's http://www.whophonedme.co.uk/

Comment

The one I used is whocallsme.com

Comment

You might also like to read

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudi...DJ_202609.aspx

Comment

Oh that's an excellent result ... thanks ever so much for posting the link fileydave!

The article covers all the points that I complained to the ASA about: except one ... deadseakit.com use the 'rabbit' logos of both PETA (people for the ethical treatment of animals) and BUAV (British union for the abolition of vivisection) in an attempt to imply that their products are 'cruelty free' (not tested on animals). In fact, they do not have the permission of either of these organisations to use the logos!

It would be fabulous if Trading Standards would do their job as well as the ASA, and then maybe this firm would simply 'go away'!!!

Comment

Thank you Zed for your patient research on this.

I am astonished at the behaviour of Santander though, a s.75 refund should be entirely appropriate under such circumstances.
                              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I think you should approach Santander again with a copy of the ASA ruling.
                                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X