• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duped by Deadseakit.com*LONDON

I have received a message from a member of another consumer forum where Deadseakit.com*LONDON is being discussed ... I thought I'd share the information here!

"I have followed this thread for some time, and, in recognition of your frustration at the cloak of secrecy around the marketing organisation which "sells" the Deadsea cream products, I have uncovered sufficient information to enable to allow you or anyone who feels aggrieved with the company to contact then directly or indeed to initiate appropriate legal action, if this proves necessary.
    Here goes.
    Company name:- The Fulfilment Store (TFS International)
    Unit 16, Aventine Way
    Glebe Farm Industrial Estate
    Rugby. CV21 1RH
    Telephone:- 01788 545555
    Main Contact people selling the creams :- Victoria; Desi; Greta; Stephen.

Feel free to pass this information on to others and indeed to Trading Standards and the Police"

My local Trading Standards staff have informed me that they only 'deal with' traders who are operating within the geographical area covered by our local council ... so I will now contact whichever local authority governs Rugby (let's hope they have some 'teeth'!)

Comment

Incidentally, I've just looked up TFS's email address: info@tfstore.co.uk
      :yell:

Comment

Zed how is this company connected with the DS Marketing -NW11 address and Israel? I cannot see that a Rugby address is connected to this NW11 address at this moment?

When I next go the Brent X shopping there is normally a Dead Sea stand right by M&S, I will do some digging and make out I am interested in the product and where their head office is ecte ect....

Also when we were in Malta last October a company selling AHAVA dead sea creams and is renound for selling all over the world there were all staying in our hotel all 60/70 people. So another connection could be Ahava and they should be quite easy to trace may well have something to do with this selling to DS Marketing who may be just an agent.
        http://www.ahava.com/

Has anyone paid at companies house yet to obtain the directors names and home addresses of the company that duped you and everyone else also if they are connected you will if directors from one company are also in the other company? I think that cost £1, then you need to know if this company whose registered office has any connection with this Rugby address? http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//c...search?link=52 perhaps this other company just buy the product from DS Marketing ot visa vera. If you get the home address the area is not too far from me and the addres of DS Marketing is literally a minutes walk from my niece, I can always go and see what the property is like etc....and bring you photos.

Name & Registered Office:
        DS MARKETING LTD
        788 - 790 FINCHLEY ROAD
        LONDON
        UNITED KINGDOM
        NW11 7TJ
        Company No. 07800556
        Last edited by TUTTSI; 16th February 2013, 09:15:AM.

Comment

Hi Tuttsi,

I think the issue is that we (aka "scam victims") are aware that the products WEREN'T despatched to us from Israel as DS Marketing claim. Firstly there is no customs label on the package when it arrives, and secondly the packages are received by UK victims far too quickly to have been shipped from abroad - particularly from a non-EU country. In fact, they're usually received within 24-48 hours of the online application/order form being submitted ... so we know they're being despatched (by courier) from an establishment within the UK. They're not being sent from the Finchley Road premises as that's just a small office that has been used for the purpose of registering the company (apparently over 100 businesses have used the same address, for the same purpose!) The Rugby place is only open weekdays during ‘office hours’ ... so I’m intending to ‘phone them on Monday to ask what their association with DS Marketing is.

From what I can gather, DS Marketing (t/a Deadseakit.comLONDON*) only operate online ... there are other companies (lots!) marketing 'dead sea' products, but they're entirely different firms to the scammers: for example, there is no ingredient list, expiry date, mode of application, etc on the scammers products ... so it seems unlikely that they'd be allowed to off-load the stuff on the high street or in shopping malls. Many thanks for your offer of help ... actually I still have the 3 tubs of goo, so I'll upload photos of them later today and you could perhaps see whether they look at all similar to the merchandise being sold at Brent X. (It would also be interesting to know the price of the Brent X products ... DS Marketing Ltd are currently 'selling' theirs for £87.95 - for 3 x 30ml jars).

According to Companies House the business (DS Marketing Ltd) belongs to a woman in Holland:
          Ms Neeltje Coree
          Tak Van Poortvlietstraat 65
          9602 Pb Hoogezand

Date of birth: 6/2/67

Comment

Now Ms Neeltje Coree could be a director on other companies connected with ded sea products - they normally are.

Originally posted by ZED View Post
            Hi Tuttsi,

I think the issue is that we (aka "scam victims") are aware that the products WEREN'T despatched to us from Israel as DS Marketing claim. Firstly there is no customs label on the package when it arrives, and secondly the packages are received by UK victims far too quickly to have been shipped from abroad - particularly from a non-EU country. In fact, they're usually received within 24-48 hours of the online application/order form being submitted ... so we know they're being despatched (by courier) from an establishment within the UK. They're not being sent from the Finchley Road premises as that's just a small office that has been used for the purpose of registering the company (apparently over 100 businesses have used the same address, for the same purpose!) The Rugby place is only open weekdays during ‘office hours’ ... so I’m intending to ‘phone them on Monday to ask what their association with DS Marketing is.

From what I can gather, DS Marketing (t/a Deadseakit.comLONDON*) only operate online ... there are other companies (lots!) marketing 'dead sea' products, but they're entirely different firms to the scammers: for example, there is no ingredient list, expiry date, mode of application, etc on the scammers products ... so it seems unlikely that they'd be allowed to off-load the stuff on the high street or in shopping malls. Many thanks for your offer of help ... actually I still have the 3 tubs of goo, so I'll upload photos of them later today and you could perhaps see whether they look at all similar to the merchandise being sold at Brent X. (It would also be interesting to know the price of the Brent X products ... DS Marketing Ltd are currently 'selling' theirs for £87.95 - for 3 x 30ml jars).

According to Companies House the business (DS Marketing Ltd) belongs to a woman in Holland:
            Ms Neeltje Coree
            Tak Van Poortvlietstraat 65
            9602 Pb Hoogezand

Date of birth: 6/2/67

Comment

Here is another web-link for them, which I have just noticed (on facebook): http://gb.daily-skincare.com/?&utm_content=183
              When you open, it's "health-secrets skin care trial application".

Comment

Hi,
                I think ahava are ok. If you look on line, they are in Gloucestershire and offer actual treatments in Buckingham (Bucks).

Comment

Originally posted by Anna689 View Post
                  Here is another web-link for them, which I have just noticed (on facebook): http://gb.daily-skincare.com/?&utm_content=183
                  When you open, it's "health-secrets skin care trial application".
                  That link is hilarious! Whatever answer to the survey is given, the end result is always the same! :tinysmile_aha_t:

Sooooo predictable!Dead Sea Kit (3 Pack) Daily Treatment

The product that celebs use! Containing Dead Sea Minerals. You get to test a full 30 day supply of Smoothing eye Gel, Moisturizing Cream and Nourishing cream, this is our favourite product combo.
                  Highstreet Price:

£105.00

Your Price:

FREE

Postage:

£2.99

High Street Price £105? :mad2:

Comment

Quite... I did try under a bogus profile to see and got the same result. They are now pursuing my fake profile to entice me to "try" (try, now that is the hilarious bit). I have highlighted it as spam now....

Comment

Oh and there is another link: http://weeklynewslive.com/uk/skin-182/?t202kw=uk-1-1
                      Now this is getting better and better.....

Comment

Originally posted by Anna689 View Post
                        Oh and there is another link: http://weeklynewslive.com/uk/skin-182/?t202kw=uk-1-1
                        Now this is getting better and better.....
                        I've left a truthful comment in their 'customer comments' section ... unfortunately it's unlikely to be published though!

Comment

I have a hunch all these "comments" are fake....

Comment

A tracked letter sent to this company mentioned,a copy sent to the credit card company and also the name/address passed onto Consumer advice or told me they couldn't investigate because they(deadseablue) and (collagenta) not a UK company but now lets see what they come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1966 View Post
                              A tracked letter sent to this company mentioned,a copy sent to the credit card company and also the name/address passed onto Consumer advice or told me they couldn't investigate because they(deadseablue) and (collagenta) not a UK company but now lets see what they come up with.
                              Hi Chris ... you are probably already aware of this ...

DS Marketing Ltd’s Terms & Conditions are 5 pages long. They sent a copy to Santander (my credit card company) because initially Santander awarded me a full refund. (They later changed their mind and levied the charge ... but that’s another story!)

Anyway ... T&C number 15 quite clearly states:

15. Governing Law
                              “This Agreement and all disputes or issues arising from it shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, without regard to conflict or conflict of law principles.
                              Our corporation is legally headquartered in the United Kingdom, at 788-790 Finchley Road, NW11 7TJ London. Please note that this is only a legal address: packages returned to this address shall not be processed and refunds shall not be issued.”

So they definitely are, without a shadow of doubt, a UK company.

I don't know whether these T&Cs are identical to those that DS Marketing Ltd post on their online advert ... but these are the ones that they used to convince Santander that they were entitled to be paid £59.95 from my account.

Consumer Advice staff are alarmingly ill-informed ... I don’t know what sort of training they receive (if any). I contacted them in the first instance ... it was a complete waste of time.

Interestingly ... I have actually had a response from my local T.S Office. Apparently all complaints about a firm have to be made to the T.S Office where the firm is based. Apparently ‘Barnet T.S Office’ deals with firms operating in the 788-790 Finchley Road area ... and incredibly ... they claim that they’ve not received a single complaint about the trading practices of DS Marketing Ltd! (Make of that what you will! Fear? Disinterest? Back-handers?!)

Comment

Me, a normally scketical woman, fell for this too. Supposed to be free samples costing £2.99. Charged £3.95 for 'rush shipment' I definately unchecked. Felt really stupid until I came across this forum. Thanks ladies for making me feel better. Based on the info I found here I have emailed the company saying I will return the products to the UK address they were shipped from. I'm just going to contact the Credit Card company now to get all further charges stopped. If I find anything else out or get a response to my polite but firm email quoting DSR and their own T&C's I'll let you all know. But thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X