• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Hi,

I am posting to this thread as I really need some advice on what to do and where to go from here. My company got a mortgage with Lancashire mortgage back in Feb 2011. At the time I did not have a choice as we were 9 months old with no accounts. So I raised 40% through a personal re-mortgage and my business went through Lancashire Mortgage for the remaining 60%. It is an interest only loan at a crazy 12%, like I said at the time I felt like I had no choice.

Good news we are now in a position to go with a mainstream lender, but I may have hit a few issues with this company. The big one being is they have not sent me an annual statement in the whole time I have had this mortgage. I pay at the end of the month every month without fail using the company debit card. This came about as there was an initial problem with the DD so I cancelled it and tried to set up a new one through LM. They used the same reference number so my bank rejected it, I missed a payment without knowing, back in 2011. They were very quick to let me know, I paid the total owing and tried to set up a DD again with them, they sent me the DD guarantee. This time I keep a close eye on it realised it hadn't gone out, paid by debit card and contacted my bank. They explained about rejecting it because of the same reference number. So I got in touch with LM again and well not helpful is the best way of describing it. So I started paying by debit card. They are not happy with this and say I am in arrears every month despite me never missing a monthly payment. They write to me every month saying I am in arrears and ring when I am working leaving voice-mails telling me to contact them, I do not understand how I can be in arrears when I pay every month?

I am now concerned that they are adding unknown charges to my account (with interest of 12% its rather unnerving) and with me never being sent a statement I have no idea where I stand or what is owed.

Is it legal for me not to receive an annual statement from them and for them to say I am in arrears every month despite me never missing a payment?

Comment

• Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Hi classictastes if you have been reading this thread you will realise this company will bend the rules to breaking point. Lancashire Mortgage Corporation only do un-regulated loans which means they do not have to send monthly statements. They will load you up with extra charges for anything they possibily can then charge you interest on it. You need to find out asap what your redemption figure is and a full statement with a breakdown of all charges and fees.

Comment

I have requested one, I get the feeling I may be shocked when I see it.
        It was reading this thread that got me thinking about how I did not know what was on the account or what charges they were adding. I am stunned at how they can get a way with it if I am honest.

Comment

Hi
          i stumbled upon this thread accidentally and possibly have some useful info for all. I am a director of a financial services company and have previously worked in compliance, so my knowledge is very good in relation to regulation.
          If blemain encouraged you to repay your mortgage by way of loan, this then makes the agreement regulated. If they arrange a loan on a property that has no existing mortgage, hence a first charge, this then also becomes a regulated mortgage contract. Whatever there paperwork says, the above is true in all respects. You can contact the FCA to investigate and validate, and you can inform the ombudsman, who will then have to treat it as any other complaint. Always remember the ombudsman is back logged with work and you need to have all facts on submission. I have just assisted a client in obtaining the maximum award of £150,000, after they originally would not entertain the complaint.

Comment

Interesting I have believed for a long time that my loan should have been regulated. however the ombudsmans response was and i quote;
            Summary of complaint Mr & Mrs xxx complain that the loan provided by LMC was unafordable and excessive to their needs (note i also complained that the loan should have been regulated)
            Background to complaint. the adjudicator explained that our rules do not allow us to look at all complaints . she noted that LMC is covered by our consumer credit jurisdiction and that Mr & Mrs xxx agreement was unregulated this ment that the rules did not allow us to consider a complaint about it
            My findings having reviewed the complaint i agree with the adjuicator that this is not a complaint that can be considered by this service. Mr & Mrs xxx agreement is an unregulated agreement.
            Mr & Mrs xxx signed a declaration confirming that the loan was for business purposes. this being so i dont think it's reasonable to claim now that LMC should or could have been aware that this was not intended to be a commercial loan
            ​My decision
            My decision is that the complaint falls outside the jurisdiction of this service

Comment

I just requested a breakdown of all charges on my account-following an abortive court hearing for possession they instigated, which the judge threw out of court, as LMC had totally manipulated the court papers to their advantage. i.e. no defense papers in the pack only admission forms-they were also ordered to remove all charges in respect of this application and pay my solicitors costs. Now they sent me a statement which does not belong to me -I am not sure if this is yet another underhanded tactic-as there is no name on the statement or account number but some poor sod borrowed £78500 in August 2006 and now owes £125,000- This is disgusting and they need to be stopped. ASAP.

Comment

keep requesting the information you want and if you do not understand their statement, request it in a different format, use this as evidence that they have been hiding from you the true breakdown. They send many different formats to try and confuse you

Comment

if you are reading this because you are having problems with any of the blemain group then please get on the Leagle Beagles Forum and share your story if i can help i will

Comment

Hi All,

Nice to be able to say what a fascinating read I've had over the last few hours about this pesky company.

Basically, I had the misfortune to encounter Blemain back in July 2005 (via Ocean Finance) and took out an extortionate loan of £25,000.

Although there had been arrears after I lost my job, payments were up to date in Feb 2008 when I then repaid the loan (12 years early). I paid the amount they suggested from the settlement letter (oddly approx £25,000) but refuted the ADDITIONAL legal charges of £6,500 for their failed repossession attempts. They never provided a breakdown of them, despite numerous requests, so I told them the matter was closed in April 2008.

I heard nothing more (except a spurious request for £700 in 2010) until November 2013 when they suddenly announced I was IN ARREARS by £250 on the loan I had cleared almost 6 years previously.

I disagreed, they then wrote to me 'after an investigation' and admitted overcharging me almost £2,000 (including the infamous HOME INSURANCE). Later they admitted a further £100 overcharge.

I haven't paid a penny more, and refuse to do so: the loan was repaid 6 years ago and they should have answered the query about disputed legal charges at the time, not now!

They took me to Court in April 2014, where the Judge was very nice (and asked me to file a Defence within 3 weeks, which I have done). She refused to grant a repossession order, and even suggested I might have a PPI claim, although I don't THINK I had any PPI. I haven't heard anything since.

The Solicitor Blemain sent to Court was rather helpful to ME . . . no doubt I'll be suspicious next time after reading some of the comments on here about them giving bad advice and leading people into a false sense of security.

I'll keep y'all updated! Any useful info about these b*strds is always helpful though! aw:

Comment

Help / advice needed with costs. I am filling out a N170 form "pre-trial check list" i need to send in an estimate of costs.
                      Q. What and how much can i as a litigent in person claim?

P.S i feel i have taken this as far as i can on my own and i am now looking to appoint a Barrister in the next week or so once i have decided who is the best person for the job

Comment

If you have kept a diary of the time you have spent on this you can charge that at £18 per hour. Also any out of pocket costs.
                        G

Comment

Hi Stuart
                          Can I ask this ws for 25K was it regulated then ?

Comment

Not sure, but I believe it was.

I haven't heard anything back from the Court or Blemain since my defence was submitted over a month ago. I'll post as soon as I hear anything. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

i have been looking at getting legal representation for the final leg of this saga. Why do solicitors and barristers charge VAT since when has it been a luxury to defend against losing your home? they are pricey enough with out 20% added on

Comment

I have received notice from the Court that they have scheduled 30 minutes for a hearing on 1 July 2014 regarding Blemain's claim that a loan still exists 6 years after I repaid it.

They still haven't come up with a breakdown of the £6,000 'legal charges' that they failed to clarify 6 years ago - however they did send me an offer of a 'Without Prejudice Save As To Costs' letter allowing me to agree to pay back 'only' £10,000 over the next 30 months with interest frozen and no charges applied. This would require me to sign a 'confidentiality clause'.

Needless to say, I have not responded to 'Cantor Law' as I see this 'offer' as a complete joke. By the end of this process, I expect Blemain to be refunding money to me, not the other way round.

Has anyone else ever received these 'offers' prior to a hearing?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X