• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Sounds to me like they are wobbling and responding by intimidation but that is just my laymans view.
    G

Comment

• Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

they don't know anything else-thugs through and through-

Comment

Originally posted by welshperson View Post
        I challenged them and below is their response, they claimed Ii owed them over £15,500

To: "wp3
        Sent: Wednesday, 18 September 2013, 13:27
        Subject: Blemain v Baker (please respond before 4.00pm today)

Dear Mr and Mrs wp3

Our client will be proceeding to trial on the basis that the outstanding balance of the loan is £3,012.79 (subject to the below qualification regarding legal costs of the claim). As you are aware, this is the remaining capital balance of the loan. It is calculated from the amount ofthe advance being £11,275.00 minus the sums paid to date being £8,262.21. For the avoidance of doubt, the balance figure of £3,012.79 does not include any interest or charges.

As you are aware, the term of the loan has expired and,pursuant to the terms of the loan agreement, full repayment is required.However, as a further concession, my client is prepared to consider your reasonable proposals for repayment of this capital balance (whether by instalments or otherwise).

For the avoidance of doubt, my client denies all of yoursubstantive allegations and nothing in this email should be seen as an admission of any of your allegations by our client in any way.

We consider that reduction of the balance to £3,012.79 is far more than you can realistically expect to achieve after trial of this matter. There are no costs (subject to the below, regarding legal costs of the claim), fees, charges or interest applied to the account and, therefore, we consider these aspects of your Defence to no longer be an issue. We consider you have put forward no real evidence or provided any document to us to show there was a fiduciary relationship between you and the broker. Further, we have seen no evidence that you suffered telephone harassment. You have been in arrears on your account from the first month and it is only legitimate for our client to contact you regarding payment of what you owe.

We have sent instructions to Counsel to prepare for trial.However, we have instructed Counsel to hold preparing for trial until 4.00pmtoday. After this point Counsel’s brief fee will be incurred of approximately£5,000.00.

Our client is willing to “drop hands” on costs so that each party pays its own costs if you confirm that you will agree to pay the capital balance set out above and that the issues raised in your Defence are settled fully and finally. If you do not confirm this by 4.00pm today Counsel will commence preparation for trial and our client will not be prepared to “drophands” on costs.

If the above is acceptable then the Defence should be resolved by way of a Tomlin Order containing the detailed terms of settlement in the Schedule. The Schedule must include terms for repayment and agreementthat the terms of settlement are to remain confidential between the parties.

We look forward to hearing from you in relation to the above. For the avoidance of doubt, this e mail is to be regarded as an openletter and should not be regarded in any way as without prejudice communication. Our client intends to refer the Court to this e mail during the trial of this matter should it proceed.

Kind regards,
        John Paul Walker | Cantor Law Limited
        Solicitor

Definition of substantive in English

substantive

Pronunciation: /ˈsʌbst(ə)ntɪv/
        adjective

Pronunciation: /also səbˈstantɪv/
        • 1having a firm basis in reality and so important, meaningful, or considerable:there is no substantive evidence for the efficacy of these drugs

• 2having a separate and independent existence.
        • (of a rank or appointment) not acting or temporary; permanent: he earned the rank of Substantive Corporal
        • (of an enactment, motion, or resolution) made in due form as such; not amended.

• 3(of law) defining rights and duties, as opposed to giving the procedural rules by which those rights and duties are enforced.

• 4(of a dye) not needing a mordant.

noun

• (also noun substantive) Grammar, dated a noun.

Derivatives

substantival

Pronunciation: /-ˈtʌɪv(ə)l/
        adjective
        substantively

adverb

Comment

WP3 has become a bit of an expert on the Blemain agreement and their interest rates. Always worth taking notice of him

Comment

If you are reading this thread because you are having a run in with blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation. and cannot afford a solicitor and therefore having to fight them on your own then this link is your bible (if you are representing yourself you are known as a litigant in person)
            http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resource..._in_Person.pdf
            Last edited by suffering; 17th January 2014, 06:48:AM.

Comment

Thanks for that, I am presently LIP against Blemain, I am the Claimant and issued a summons for not refunding a PPI that was cancelled during the cooling off period, they are claiming they were not the providers, and they do not provide PPI. They are counterclaiming by way of set of £14000 for late payment fees and interest and other penalties. The trial will be in Feb/Mar. I am confident I shall win and looking forward to cross examining their witnesses

Comment

Lancashire Mortgage Corporation / Stand accused; Fraudulent misrepresentation & unfair relationship; Their response ask the court to strike out because they say the counterclaim does not contain a statement of truth "its on the N1 form you blind incompetent fruckers"

Comment

All the best suffering, I am certainly going after them with the unfair contract terms and unfair relationship. As far as fraud is concerned, this is difficult but not impossible, your better sticking to unfair terms and unfair relationship in the same way that welshperson did

Comment

My Court date with LMC was yesterday-on the advice of my counsel I did not attend. The hearing was brought by them for reposession. LMC totally tried to manipulate proceedings to their own advantage and only sent out the response pack to their own advantage-no defense form and no acknowledgement of service-as they desperately tried to manipulate the court proceedings to their own advantage to get me to agree to a suspended order-which I had no intention of doing.

The judge was totally not impressed with the dirty underhanded tacticts used by these bullying imbeceles and the way they think they can use the court process to their own advantage and struck their whole claim out of court, and order them to pay my barristers costs and erase all charges applied to my account for this 'bungled proceedings'

Now I urge anybody not to be frightened of these parasites and although it is worrying fight back-don't let these underhanded cowboys and their inhouse solicitors win-as basically they are numpties.

I now intend to go after them for unfair charges and unfair relationship-so watch this space.

Just to clarify my mortgage is not regulated so hopefully this will set a precedent-we will see.

Comment

Fantastic news Sickofbullies, they try every trick in their dirty book, they have just tried to get my counter claim struck out, i checked with the court today and the judge was having none of it. I genuinely believe the word is getting out, that this scumbag company stinks to high heaven.

Comment

Fantastic news, dont forget Unfair Contract Terms

Comment

We will see my problem is that its Unregulated but I have lots on them and not afraid to use it.

Comment

unfair contract terms and unfair relationship still apply to unregulated agreements

Comment

Some advice please-I requested a SAR from LMC including a copy of The Underwriting Sheet and valuation-they have said I cannot have these-and need me to provide a legal reason why i need these? Any Suggestions?

Comment

Tell them it is your intention to make an application to the court for the underwriting sheet. Thats what I did, they sent me the sheet one day before the application hearing. There are things on the underwriting sheet they dont want you to see

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X