• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Delta V Crap One ***SETTLED***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Delta V Crap One

Love it Delta, hope he had that one on hands free!!!

Comment

It was a she, and I don't know if they have hands free in wherever the heck it is they call from these days. I am yet to have this conversation with someone that speaks with a recognizable English accent.

I suppose if they are threatening to darken my credit file unless I pay up, then that could be construed as demanding money with menaces?

She really was flummoxed by it all, and she just didn't have a clue, I guess that's because she works in collections and all this 'jargon' is for the legal department!

Numpties!

Bet there's a phonecall tomorrow!!!!! :argh:

Comment

oh Delta hunni that was priceless, i know it's no laughing matter really but that had me in stitches fantastic stuff

Comment

• Had a crappy one offer

Got this just now

I write in connection to the above court claim, which you have issued against Capital One Bank (Europe)plc. I have now had the opportunity to investigate your claim of £3128.60.
          It is denied that these fess are unlawful and they are detaild in your terms and conditions and in our customer welcome pack. Our fees are based on the costs we incur when a customer breaks their contract by making a late payment, failing to make a payment or goes over their credit limit. The fees are only levied when a customer breaches their contract in this way and can be avoided if payments are maintained and the account kept within the credit limit.
          Capital One has acted in accordance with the terms and condistions of your credit agreement throughout this matter and it is clear you have no claim against Capital One. After reviewing your request for £1882.60 for interest I can confirm that your calculations are incorrect. All default fees charged to any account are always charged at purchase interest rate. The total amount of purchase interest rate we have ever charged to your account since June 2001 is £214.39. This amount includes the interst on all of your purchases and only a small portion of this figure has been charged on default fees. On the basis of the above, I cannot agree to the proposal of refunding to you the sum of £1882.60 to cover the fees and interest.
          I am prepared to oferr, without any admission of liability, a refund od fefault fees in the sum of £1126. I'll also refund the purchase interest charged to your account in the sum of £214.39 and £227.04, which is the 8% you are entitled to claim under section 69 of the County Courts Accts 2984 and the court fee of £120. This brings my total offer to £1687.43, and I've added this to your account today. This refunded has cleared your bablance and I have arranged to send you a cheque foo £1459.14 which you should receive within 14 working days.
          These refunds are made purely as a gesture of goodwill and we will now defend this claim on the basis that we have refunded to correct amount.
          Then a load of blurb about keeping the account in order. She then goes on to say..
          I hope I have explained things clearly for you and we can move on from here. I would finally request that you contact the court toi confirm the settlement and discontinue your claim. This is very important as it is your responsibility to inform the court that your claim is settled and avoud wasting any further valuable court time. We have also written to the court to confimr that we have paid in full.
          Yours sincerely
          blah blah

Comment

I still have not received the CCA, even though they signed for it on the 3rd July, They have added further charges and interst to the account since then, and they are obviously wanting to use part of this settlement to clear that up.

The interest that I claimed was using the purchse interest figure that they are currently using.

What do I do now? I am not happy about not having had the CCA and the fact that they were still charging after it went into dispute, and still trying to get money off me during that time, either by statement, letters and phone calls.

Comment

mmmm sounds fair to me (sorry) but I'm not a great believer in contractual interest.

The CCA and the charging whilst your account is in dispute ...... Basically they have refunded you all charges they have taken, plus all interest they have taken (thus you are in the position now that you have been using the credit card facility at 0% interest throughout the life of the account and not paid charges on any late payments - the 8% covers interest you MAY have earnt had you put that money elsewhere) You have cleared the account, paid back that which you have spent, and as the account is cleared and they are sending you a cheque for the excess - is there a need for the CCA now ?

I'm sure other will have different opinions but to me you have been returned to the position as if you had spent the money in cash.....so I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS - but I don't think you feel quite that way as yet.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have to agree with Ame, especially with the current state of affairs with court claims (yes, I know that the "test case" doesn't cover them, but they're still being stayed).

Your card now has a nil balance, you haven't paid any interest on it, nor penalties, so there isn't a need for a CCA at this present moment.

I wouldn't stop court action until you have received the cheque at it's in your account though.

Comment

Thanks for the honest reply, I am not quite sure how I feel at the moment to be honest.

Have just checked the spready with the 8% on, and I have it at £310 as of today, they are saying 227 (letter dated 18th), so I don;t know what figures they are using.

Comment

Ring them for clarification, then get them to put how they came to that figure in writing. Only when you and they agree will you stop court action.

Comment

I'd have to agree hun, and say it's a result!
                      I think you may find it very hard to push through the court any further..... as the amount is very close.

I'd say well done hunni..... way to look at it is it's money you thought you's never see again..... and you now have a nil balance.... with a few extra spondoolies on the way

Comment

Well Delta - a result! Its money in your pocket (nearly) and one less hassle to worry about.

Well done
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Maybe they have charged purchase interest and cash advance interest ? and are just refunding the purchase interest ? or something like that ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well its been nearly 2 weeks now and still no sign of the cheque, oh well, haven't been in touch with court to stop and won't do so until I have it and its cashed!

Comment

OH got his cheque yesterday so they are waiting the full 2 weeks (plus) to send them out. I weakened and paid in my cheques I'm afraid , suppose I could always be really cheeky and go for the part settlement letter

Comment

Whooooppppeeeedooooppppieeeedoooo

The cheque has just come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:carrot::okay::dance:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X