• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vulnerable household yet still have a walking posession agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vulnerable household yet still have a walking posession agreement

Daisychain,

Could you answer these questions, please -

1. How much did AW claim you owed them?
    2. How much did they overcharge?
    3. How much were they owed or owed you after deducting any overcharging from their alleged claim?

This should give a better idea of just how lawful AW's actions were and are.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
      Daisychain,

Could you answer these questions, please -

1. How much did AW claim you owed them?
      2. How much did they overcharge?
      3. How much were they owed or owed you after deducting any overcharging from their alleged claim?

This should give a better idea of just how lawful AW's actions were and are.
      these are the costs wriien on wpo:
      judgement debt 989
      judgement costs 165
      execution costs 51.75
      interest to date 1.61
      officers fees 453.50 ( fees will increase by 29p per day whist in posession)
      total levy 1,731.01

Comment

Originally posted by daisychain View Post
        these are the costs wriien on wpo:
        judgement debt 989
        judgement costs 165
        execution costs 51.75
        interest to date 1.61
        officers fees 453.50 ( fees will increase by 29p per day whist in posession)
        total levy 1,731.01
        At the moment, the figures I have highlighted in red I am not interested in. What I am interested in is how much they overcharged you. Also, what is needed is the bare alleged debt. This means the actual debt AW was claiming less any court costs and any alleged solicitor's fees. If the overcharging is equal to the alleged bare debt or more than the alleged debt, in which case AW owes you money, the proceedings were fraudulent and ultra vires, ab initio.

Comment

At the moment, the figures I have highlighted in red I am not interested in. What I am interested in is how much they overcharged you. Also, what is needed is the bare alleged debt. This means the actual debt AW was claiming less any court costs and any alleged solicitor's fees. If the overcharging is equal to the alleged bare debt or more than the alleged debt, in which case AW owes you money, the proceedings were fraudulent ultra vires, ab initio.
          il have to find those figures out

Comment

il have to find those figures out
            Thank you. Once it is established whether AW had a right in law to bring a claim or not, we can then start to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Even if they did have a valid cause of action, there is still the matter of quantum to be considered.

If the total of the actual debt, court costs and solicitors' fees had been less than £600, they could not have got the HCEO involved.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Even if they did have a valid cause of action, there is still the matter of quantum to be considered.

If the total of the actual debt, court costs and solicitors' fees had been less than £600, they could not have got the HCEO involved.
                all i know is that the judgement debt is 989.

Comment

Thank you. Once it is established whether AW had a right in law to bring a claim or not, we can then start to point you in the right direction.
                  thank you, im going to ring them tomorrow. something tells me im going to be on the phone for a long time!

Comment

what does part inventor' mean

just a quick question but what does part inventor mean on a levy? mine is global levy an confusing!

Comment

Re: what does part inventor' mean

"Global levy" means it's all balls, whilst "inventor" is a person who thinks up something. :grin:

I hope this helps.

Comment

It could be "part inventory", which means the bailiff's pen ran out of ink as they were writing up the questionable document, or they are admitting to making up only part of it. :grin:

Comment

thanks guys! i now have my local mp involved who is to say the least unimpressedwith them

Comment

Actually, "global levy" means "anything and everything found on the premises" and is so utterly vague as to be devoid of any meaning.

Comment

and anglian water are saying they are not taking responability for enforcement action as they are claiming they didnt know i was a single parent. hopefully mp will sort this as im finding it hard trying to do this by myself. but you guys have been awesome

Comment

and anglian water are saying they are not taking responability for enforcement action as they are claiming they didnt know i was a single parent. hopefully mp will sort this as im finding it hard trying to do this by myself. but you guys have been awesome
                                If anything, the directors of AW need to be held to account and their debt collection practices subjected to formal scrutiny. They'll like not a lot, but it is needed as Aw, along with Southern Water, are notorious for questionable debt collection practices.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X