• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vulnerable household yet still have a walking posession agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulnerable household yet still have a walking posession agreement

i was visited by a hceo on behalf of marstons on the 14/2/14. as i was rushing around trying to take my son to school, she said to me " you better talk fast then". at the time i didnt know the implecations of letting her into my home etc. she asked what goods i had on the doorstep and after she said i have to come in to verify these goods. i am kicking myself now as ive read through info. the problems i have are:
    knowing i was classed as a vunrable household she still proceeded her duty making a levy etc
    the levy is very vauge- tv, 2 sofas, tv stand, artwork, small tv- my childs. clock, wd unit, printer and at the top of the levy above this list shes just put all goods of saleable value. she didnt walk around my home, no obvious description of items etc.
    the officers fees are crazy- 453.00 and shes only visited once! thats not inc all the other costs. my debt was 989 and now its 1,700. please advise im really losing sleep over this
    Tags: None

Re: vunrable household yet still have a walking posession agreement

" at the top of the levy above this list shes just put all goods of saleable value."
    She could have just invalidated the levy by making it GLOBAL, What is the debt for, and BTW welcome to LB

Comment

its an anglian water debt from aroumd 6 years ago. thank you for the welcome

Comment

and what did you mean by making the levy GLOBAL? im new to all this.

Comment

Check to see if the debt is statute-barred. I concur with BB that the HCEO has, in their haste to garner fees, misrepresented their status as an HCEO, that they have to enter and verify what goods you have - They do not have any right to enter a residential property - and have probably invalidated any levy they think they may have. Global levies are neither clever nor are they, in my view, lawful. If the HCEO cannot positively identify the items by serial number, etc., they are likely to be stuffed.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            Check to see if the debt is statute-barred. I concur with BB that the HCEO has, in their haste to garner fees, misrepresented their status as an HCEO, that they have to enter and verify what goods you have - They do not have any right to enter a residential property - and have probably invalidated any levy they think they may have. Global levies are neither clever nor are they, in my view, lawful. If the HCEO cannot positively identify the items by serial number, etc., they are likely to be stuffed.
            litterly she has just written tv. no size,make etc and artwork she has put is actually mine i have painted myself. what does it mean if it is statue barred? and how do i find this out?

Comment

Originally posted by daisychain View Post
              litterly she has just written tv. no size,make etc and artwork she has put is actually mine i have painted myself. what does it mean if it is statue barred? and how do i find this out?
              If the debt is over six years old, and they have only just obtained a CCJ it would be likely challengeable as invalid, they have to take action or the debt be acknowledged within the previous six years.

If you let her in, and the list is vague, along with her note regarding everything else saleable will invalidate the levy as global imho.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                If the debt is over six years old, and they have only just obtained a CCJ it would be likely challengeable as invalid, they have to take action or the debt be acknowledged within the previous six years.

If you let her in, and the list is vague, along with her note regarding everything else saleable will invalidate the levy as global imho.
                the ccj was in 2008 i checked with anglian water. who do i go to about the levy etc?. ive alredy rung marstons but the guy just didnt seem to know what he was on about quote" if you have 2 sofas on the levy we can only take 1" and " we cant take both tv's" even tho theyre on there too

Comment

also just had a thought, as shes put all goods at saleable value, does that mean shes included exempt goods too?
                  also the topic of code of conduct of hceo.... i read today that " if a peron is or appears to be of a vunrable household agents must withdraw from the premsis " in which she didnt.

Comment

also just had a thought, as shes put all goods at saleable value, does that mean shes included exempt goods too?
                    also the topic of code of conduct of hceo.... i read today that " if a peron is or appears to be of a vunrable household agents must withdraw from the premsis " in which she didnt.
                    The answer to your first point is, "More than likely" and to the second point, "Don steel toe-capped boots and repeatedly insert toe of said boot into backside of agent." Not looking good for the HCEO, is it? Not looking good for Anglian Water either as they are 100% legally-liable for the actions of the HCEO.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

That statement "all goods of saleable value" has killed her pig as it most definitely is a Global Levy, and as such would be an attempt to seize the entire household contents, which of course would mean she has laid claim to everything which would also include exempt goods. global levies are vague at law so unlawful and unenforceable.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                        The answer to your first point is, "More than likely" and to the second point, "Don steel toe-capped boots and repeatedly insert toe of said boot into backside of agent." Not looking good for the HCEO, is it? Not looking good for Anglian Water either as they are 100% legally-liable for the actions of the HCEO.
                        According to Ceoemail.com, the Managing Director of Anglian Water is Mr Peter Simpson, tel: 01522 341000, email - psimpson@anglianwater.co.uk

Did the bill get so high because the OP had insisted on the MD personally passing the water?

Comment

Re: Vulnerable household yet still have a walking posession agreement

i was visited by a hceo on behalf of marstons on the 14/2/14. as i was rushing around trying to take my son to school, she said to me " you better talk fast then". at the time i didnt know the implecations of letting her into my home etc. she asked what goods i had on the doorstep and after she said i have to come in to verify these goods. i am kicking myself now as ive read through info. the problems i have are:
                          knowing i was classed as a vunrable household she still proceeded her duty making a levy etc
                          the levy is very vauge- tv, 2 sofas, tv stand, artwork, small tv- my childs. clock, wd unit, printer and at the top of the levy above this list shes just put all goods of saleable value. she didnt walk around my home, no obvious description of items etc.
                          the officers fees are crazy- 453.00 and shes only visited once! thats not inc all the other costs. my debt was 989 and now its 1,700. please advise im really losing sleep over this
                          The levy is as good as a chocolte teapot, for two reasons:

1) It needs to be slightly better detailed.

2) At first glance, unless the clock is an antique, gilted and studded with precious stones, the sofas are made of mahogany and Dodo leather and the TV is one of those all singing and dancing two and a half grand jobbies then there is not enough value to pay the demanded £1,700.

Can you explain why is your household is vulnerable?
                          The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
                            The levy is as good as a chocolte teapot, for two reasons:

1) It needs to be slightly better detailed.

2) At first glance, unless the clock is an antique, gilted and studded with precious stones, the sofas are made of mahogany and Dodo leather and the TV is one of those all singing and dancing two and a half grand jobbies then there is not enough value to pay the demanded £1,700.

Can you explain why is your household is vulnerable?
                            clock is a 2.99 jobby from b&m. sofas are all material and my tele is a standard 42 inch hd fltscreen. im classed a vunrable household as i am a single parent to3 children ( which one is disabled) and i am on benefits. also the waterbill was so high because anglian water were over charging me and i wanted them to investigate which they refused .

Comment

so what do i do now with all this info?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X