• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vulnerable household yet still have a walking posession agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

global levy on a vulnerable household marstons

after a chat last nite with some lovely people on here, i have found that my levy on my goods is a global levy and im classed as a vunrable household ( single parent carer and on benefits. so my question is , what do i do about the situation and who do i approach?

Comment

Re: global levy on a vunrable household marstons

You contact Anglian Water giving evidence of the vulnerability, also say that you are contacting your MP and OFWAT, If Anglian act like muppets contact the CEO, whose details CC has kindly provided in your other thread ; other Beagles will zoom in on other possible actions I'm sure.

In order to target the advice, first some wuestions rto gain a deeper undestanding of circumstances to give the best advice:

Are you a single parent? That of itself can create a vulnerabilioty

Do you work,?
      Is it a low wage or part time job?
      If not working what benefits do you claim?

Finally is there any long term illness, disability or other health issue in the household? This can be anything from wheelchair, to chronic asthma or ADHD. only one member of the household needs to be vulnerable for the whole household to be vulnerable.

The answers to these questions are essential for Beagles to look at the best way for you to tackle the greedy water company.
      Last edited by bizzybob; 23rd February 2014, 08:55:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        You contact Anglian Water giving evidence of the vulnerability, also say that you are contacting your MP and OFWAT, other Beagles will zoom in on other possible actions I'm sure.

In order to target the advice, first some wuestions rto gain a deeper undestanding of circumstances to give the best advice:

Are you a single parent? That of itself can create a vulnerabilioty

Do you work,?
        Is it a low wage or part time job?
        If not working what benefits do you claim?

Finally is there any long term illness, disability or other health issue in the household? This can be anything from wheelchair, to chronic asthma or ADHD. only one member of the household needs to be vulnerable for the whole household to be vulnerable.

The answers to these questions are essential for Beagles to look at the best way for you to tackle the greedy water company.
        im a single parent, my son has autism and epilepsy so i claim incomr support, child benefits also my son gets dla. i do not work as im a full time mummy

Comment

also what can i do to get this global levy off my goods? and get marstons and thier fees out of the equation. do i fill in a form n244?

Comment

Originally posted by daisychain View Post
            im a single parent, my son has autism and epilepsy so i claim incomr support, child benefits also my son gets dla. i do not work as im a full time mummy
            Definitely vulnerable, send evidence of the vulnerability to Marstons, and fill in the forms for a Stay of Execution against Marstons, one reason can be you cannot afford the HCEO's fees, also apply for a Variation Order to set an affordable repayment. as you are on benefit the fees should be remitted by using another form It may be worth contacting Anglian and asking what schemes they have to help vulnerable families and get that MP involved.

Once the stay is granted Marstons would be very stupid if they fetched up at your house again as youn could call the police to remove them

Other Beagles will be able to help further.

Comment

Definitely vulnerable, send evidence of the vulnerability to Marstons, and fill in the forms for a Stay of Execution against Marstons, one reason can be you cannot afford the HCEO's fees, also apply for a Variation Order to set an affordable repayment. as you are on benefit the fees should be remitted by using another form It may be worth contacting Anglian and asking what schemes they have to help vulnerable families and get that MP involved.

Once the stay is granted Marstons would be very stupid if they fetched up at your house again as youn could call the police to remove them

Other Beagles will be able to help further.
              where do i get these forms? do i ringthe high court and ask for them? i cant print any off as i dont have a computer only my mobile phone.

Comment

also marstons have arranged me to pay 120 per month. im also wondering if i signed under duress- i was running late getting my child to school and she knew this.if she had come back later i probably would have more time to read through everything.

Comment

also marstons have arranged me to pay 120 per month. im also wondering if i signed under duress- i was running late getting my child to school and she knew this.if she had come back later i probably would have more time to read through everything.
                  You could go to your local county court, or go online at a local library, You need to challenge the £120 as it is unaffordable top you, you MUST contact the welfare department at anglian and involve your MP.

Comment

You could go to your local county court, or go online at a local library, You need to challenge the £120 as it is unaffordable top you, you MUST contact the welfare department at anglian and involve your MP.
                    brilliant. i will do this starting tomorrow. thank u for your advice

Comment

brilliant. i will do this starting tomorrow. thank u for your advice
                      also if the stay of execution is granted does that mean my goods are no longer levied?

Comment

Re: Vulnerable household yet still have a walking posession agreement

sofas are all material
                        Unless they still have their fire safety tags attached, they may not lawfully be sold or auctioned in the UK.

Comment

also if the stay of execution is granted does that mean my goods are no longer levied?
                          It takes the HCEO out of the equation, as to the levy, it is invalid due to being global, and you can use that as part of your complaint to OFWAT, Anglian and your MP.

Comment

clock is a 2.99 jobby from b&m. sofas are all material and my tele is a standard 42 inch hd fltscreen. im classed a vunrable household as i am a single parent to3 children ( which one is disabled) and i am on benefits. also the waterbill was so high because anglian water were over charging me and i wanted them to investigate which they refused .
                            Which is why you complain to OFWAT, your MP, and the CEO of anglian, regarding their appointed agents Marstons enforcement tactics and UNLAWFUL Global Levy

Comment

Also, Anglian Water's application to the court for and grant of a CCJ should be challenged on the grounds of its veracity and the fact that they had been overcharging and there is a likelihood they were not owed the sum of money they were claiming, or were not owed any money at all, or owed the OP money. It would also bring into question the involvement of Marstons and obtaining of the High Court writ.
                              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                                Also, Anglian Water's application to the court for and grant of a CCJ should be challenged on the grounds of its veracity and the fact that they had been overcharging and there is a likelihood they were not owed the sum of money they were claiming, or were not owed any money at all, or owed the OP money. It would also bring into question the involvement of Marstons and obtaining of the High Court writ.
                                exactly. this is why im so angry. anglian water confirmed the sent ccj papers to me but i definatly didnt recieve them so i havnt been able to defend my self in courtpersonally. also this has come at a time when i have alot of pressure on me (personal things going on in my life) and this has caused a huge amount of stress on me unduly to the point ive hardly slept since they came. also is there a set smount of time that i have to get this set aside? they came and siezed on 14/2/14
                                Last edited by daisychain; 23rd February 2014, 12:41:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X