• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Election 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Election 2015: Conservative benefit cut options leaked

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    They don't pay income tax, council tax, national insurance, vat, VED, fuel tax ? Never buy goods and services which enable those in the private sector to pay more tax or employ others who pay more tax ?

M1
    Where does every penny they spend emanate from?

Comment

Sean feels that the tax they pay is from wages paid by tax, they are actually paying themselves. I can understand the theory just cant believe the reality. I was listening to Jeremy Vyne the other day and they were talking about parking wardens. You had the usual debate about whether wardens were under performance related bonuses' or not. Some wardens called in and said they weren't which I could understand but if you look at the job description and business thinking there has to be a conflict of interests. To Joe public parking wardens are sold as deterrents in place to halt illegal parking so if they worked in this role then the deterrent would be that high they would hardly be issuing tickets, people would be too scared to park illegally. From a business point of view though you would like to see these people at least fund themselves and at best provide a profit so there must be a certain amount of pressure to issue tickets at least to justify your employment. So are parking wardens for instance totally public funded or are they a business generating income themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by sean5302 View Post
        Where does every penny they spend emanate from?
        I don't know their personal circumstances but i'll take a guess you think it's your wallet. I also guess you want rid of refuse collection, police, fire brigade, NHS, education (where would your chartered fellows come from) etc etc because well they contribute nothing.

M1

Comment

I think that we can say for sure that there are some in this Country who think they are better than others and want all those not up to there standards of wealth and education to be put down.

They should remember we are all equal in the graveyard or the crematorium incinerator.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            I think that we can say for sure that there are some in this Country who think they are better than others and want all those not up to there standards of wealth and education to be put down.

They should remember we are all equal in the graveyard or the crematorium incinerator.

Burning Question!

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              I don't know their personal circumstances but i'll take a guess you think it's your wallet. I also guess you want rid of refuse collection, police, fire brigade, NHS, education (where would your chartered fellows come from) etc etc because well they contribute nothing.

M1
              Did I ever say any of that?
              When I do the usual pay negotiations with the unions, I'm always asked where the "new money" is.
              Where is the "new money" from to pay those people you list?
              The answer, as I keep explaining, is from taxes levied on the Private Sector. All Public Sector jobs are paid for from those taxes.
              If the Government pays their employee £1 (taken from the Private Sector) and then takes 25p back as tax, how much money does their employee have? (75p). What was the source of that money? (Private Sector).
              I think you know that really, but are being obtuse since it doesn't suit your vision.

Comment

I know the mini plant and was talking to an engineering consultant brought over from Germany on a short term contract just a week ago. We were talking about the need to constantly up production, make more of a product, faster and cheaper and with less human input. Sounds great apart from the fact that we might not be able to sell these products as quickly as we make them, we have all seen airfields full of unsold cars in the past. I understand your concerns about training, I constantly look at work that has been done by highly qualified people with no real understanding of what they wanted to achieve. I also see work by people who have worked out how things work for themselves and hence have a more open mind and innovative approach in how to achieve the result they require instead of the schooled singular approach. It is not just a case of suitable training it is encouraging people who are naturally good into it and unfortunately I believe in the case of engineering some of there fire for the subject is doused by the sheer academia involved. There are a lot of really intelligent people out there who get frightened out of things because they spend a lot of time trying to grasp education without actually seeing the relevance of it and hence spurring on their own natural interests. One of my friends is one of the best plumbers I know, when we went to school he was placed in remedial because he was deemed to be a slow learner and lacking in intelligence. He left school and started an apprenticeship but dropped out of college due to the exams. When ever he asks me how to overcome problems or design things I will tell him, he will listen, he will question , he will understand and he will put into practice. When I look at his writing and spelling I am convinced he is dyslexic and was frightened out of a career because of a lack of understanding.

Comment

Well there are income streams within public sectors you know.

On the sensationalist side, Top Gear was worth £150 million to the BBC (public sector) from world wide sales. I guess Jeremy Clarkson and his team (including the lower paid guys sweeping up etc) are paid by the public sector. As the program makes money do all the staff get paid from money generated by the private sector ? NO.

People who inherit when their parents are deceased ?

Lottery winners.

Professional gamblers.

Whilst much is generated through private sector it is to be remembered that in many countries schools, health, education, refuse collection are private sector. Would you like to pay private companies for these services so hat they become wealth creators and keep rattling up the prices ?

M1

Comment

To answer posts 112 and 113,
                    All production at Mini Plant Oxford is to order. Every single car is already sold before production commences. There is a massive world wide demand and the best option is to increase OEE at the plant, rather than invest another £3Bn building another plant somewhere.
                    The BBC dips in and out of Private Sector ops as it wishes. UK Gold is a subscription channel, 50% owned by the BBC.
                    BBC Worldwide is a wholly-owned division which has a single shareholder, the Public Sector Broadcaster BBC.
                    Interesting to look at BBC revenue collection.
                    Years ago they issued their own licences, but couldn't do the job.
                    They outsourced it to the Post Office, who also couldn't do the job.
                    They then outsourced it to Capita Business Systems Ltd. Licence evasion has now fallen to 5.7%, according to the BBC. A figure they are much happier with.
                    QED Capita's efficiency has helped the BBC, helped Capita and helped UK Plc since it's a private company, generating profits to be taxed by the Government.
                    The answer to M1 then, is that the best provider should be given the job. Just like I select the best employee. If they can do the best job and also generate taxable profits, what's not to like?

Comment

do you know who i blame for this incumerant, imbecilic choices we have in front of us

YOU LOT, THE VOTERS

Re the election debate... this is the speech we needed ( second best speech of all time )

but, of course, by the time the robot army takes over, its to late for u

crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

There is no doubting that the mini plant is doing well and I am sure there is other products that demand is outstripping production but our inbuilt need to better ourselves and the constant need to increase business will naturally outstrip something in the end be it resources, demand funds or whatever. My dad was in engineering when un-employment hit 3million and he was thrown on the engineering waste pile at 37, to many engineers chasing to few local jobs. My uncle was a very skilful engineer, a local company that renovates hi-fi turntables were turned around when he blueprinted their parts which they were making to varying degrees of accuracy prior. My uncle never really had the rewards for his great skills earning no more than people in less skilled jobs. He was happy because it was more like a calling to him than a career. I started in engineering as a trainee maintenance engineer in a factory with all the promises of full and thorough training. This never materialised because I had a natural ability and interest in what needed to be done so why pay to train somebody to do a job they could already do? I went to another company as a engineer and spent my time just replacing the same parts everyday between shifts to keep the production rolling a job anybody could have done in time. I went to work as an engineer for a business that supplied pressed steel components for Rover and subsequently BMW and Honda. I ended up setting up a press and then standing there pressing a foot switch to make the parts, hardly the engineering I wanted. I then went into the heating industry and started on maintenance of oil boilers for an oil company. Finally a job that gave me the challenge to utilise my inherent skills for a lovely family firm, shame the money wasn't great and there were no prospects. Went over to a firm where I took on gas both domestic and commercial and all fuels which is where I experienced less qualified and capable bosses telling me how to do jobs they had never done and legally sign off work (which I was qualified to do and they weren't) that they had designed and told the installation teams to install even though they fell short of statutory requirements. Ended up self employed with skills that cost £15,000 every 5 years to renew because the public wanted suitably qualified people only to work on their property, the same public who couldn't understand why I have to charge as much as I do except to make a very good living at their expense because that is what they read in the media. All of this is based around my upbringing where, like most , I was told if I applied myself and got a trade I would have more than the others who didn't. I have friends and family who have witnessed the depression my father suffered when he was told he was to old at 37 because he was competing against 21 year olds for the same job, witnessed my uncle struggle with money and witness me end up eventually B/R and I do wonder why some people could see the incentive to work hard if this is what happens. I will continue to work hard and encourage others but I realise that not all people are like me and some people would say than k the lord for that.

Comment

My father used to work 5 x 12hr shifts, at Kirkstall Forge, Leeds.
                          My good fortune was passing my 11+, at age 9 and then going to St.Michael's College, Leeds. A Catholic Grammar School.
                          Without that, I'd have gone nowhere.
                          That is why I'm so keen on personal development, education and allowing people to improve their lot.
                          ABB robots come from Asea Brown Boveri, a Swedish company. Why has BMW had to buy those, rather than buy UK robots to make the Mini? Because there are no UK made robots.
                          Much fuss is made of JLR, with the Indians making vehicles here. If you nip round Castle Bromwich you'll think you've stepped back to 1970. All the old press jobs you describe, whereas Mini Oxford feels like the hangar for the space shuttle. Rajan Tata said there was no point in robot installation on a mass scale. If his cars didn't sell, he'd make them in India and China to reduce the cost. Exactly what he is doing.
                          look at Honda's UK plant, up the road from Mini. You'll see computer-controlled machinery casting ingots into engine blocks. State of the art facilities.
                          Look at Toyota, Burnaston. Vast automation.
                          Nissan, Sunderland. Mass automation.
                          BMW engine plant, Hams Hall. Mass automation.
                          Ford engine plants Bridgend and Dagenham. Mass automation.
                          You see the theme here? There's no real need for people to do mundane jobs. Education is the only way to ensure UK people have a future. They need to compete against the world's best.

Comment

ABB robots come from Asea Brown Boveri, a Swedish company. Why has BMW had to buy those, rather than buy UK robots to make the Mini? Because there are no UK made robots.
                            A lot of the developments done here, why are robots built in germany ?, because they have some of the best facilities in the world for precision bearings, and if you want to build robots, bearings is a must. But a lot of the design, initial ideas and technological advances come from here,

anyhow, slagging robots off, your definitely off in our little book...... :_thedoctor__by_GuyF
                            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

German engineering doesn't need any advertising from me.
                              I told you that ABB are Swedish.
                              I agree with the rest of what you wrote. I spend about half of my time in the UK and we have some very good universities (and many dreadful ones).
                              Much of the problem was with Blair's push to get everyone into university. People spend 3 years studying PE, flower arranging, hairdressing or media studies and are then amazed when employers aren't beating a path to their doors.
                              Trying to study for a "proper" degree, such as maths, physics, engineering and suchlike is very hard. You're then met with the media studies crowd who maybe attended lectures for 2 hours each day.
                              Employers look at such people with disdain. Just look at the spelling and grammar in the average paper. TxtSpk, maybe.

Comment

agreed on the education thing, when i was taught computers, you had to have a high maths aptitude in school to take it as a lesson, to be allowed to go to the collage i went to, there was quite a high aptitude test ( computer were just becoming the monster then )

Its not the kids nowadays, its the teachers and the systems, my daughter regulatory comes back, complaining that they haven't learnt anything that day, due to supply teachers.

They are all to politically correct to get the measuring stick out to check what you both good and bad at, everybodys got to be average now.

Lol, media studdies, roughly translates to #### I took the course with the least amount of qualifications or aptitude or effort needed ###### sorry

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X