• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Election 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Election 2015: Conservative benefit cut options leaked

Watch this from 0.25 seconds onwards....it is funny

"Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

It should not come as a surprise that the poor and vulnerable will be hammered by whatever party wins. Why should they support people who are less likely to vote? If you were a butcher you would not hone your advertising to appeal to vegetarians and you certainly would not strive to produce a product they would buy so why would politicians work to support the people who are unlikely to vote? All previous turnout reports show that areas with a middle class or higher standard of living have a higher turnout on polling day. It is easy to say ‘why should we vote, they only care about the wealthy?’ Well, if these people actually used the power they have, a power that people fought and died for, then the politicians would know that if they did not cater for their needs they would use that power to throw them out again. We have got to stop assuming we are powerless. Yes, they are probably all the same but they dance to the tune of the people who vote for them.
      In 1990 we had the poll tax riots. In March 1990 it was estimated that almost a quarter of a million people joined the London rally. This was the largest but not the only gathering of protesters and yet the conservatives waltzed back into power in 1992. They got rid of the poll tax (and replaced it with council tax!!!!) but if everyone so angered about the poll tax that they took to the streets had actually voted then the conservatives would not have been re-elected.
      I have lived and voted in this country and in Ireland which uses Proportional representation and believe me the PR system definitely better represents the feeling of the majority.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Well, we've now had all the TV debates and quite frankly, what we now know is that it will be a Parliament in which the party who governs will not have a majority of MP's to govern. So, on May 8th, we are going to find out which party is willing to Deal or not Deal.

Ed Miliband has been one of the strongest in the debates but yesterday, I felt that he was at his worst when faced with the public. I think I may have watched too many debates because(if you saw The Last Leg on Channel 4 last night) my BSometer was off the scale as it was for the others.

I did actually start to feel sorry of Nick Clegg at the end. Realistically, his party is only in a defensive mode because a lot of people are stating that they will be wiped out.

....and then there is the rise of SNP which might destroy Labour in Scotland. The unintended consequence of the Independence debates last year was a massive increase in SNP membership. And yet, the attacks on them stating that they are committed to a vote on independence again shows how stupid the parties are. One example of where they would ask for another referendum would be if we voted NO on a referendum on the EU where Scotland had voted Yes on the issue.

....UKIP will win seats in the next Parliament despite the absolutely hostile media coverage(I almost wondered last night whether the presenter of ask Nigel Farage hated him as the style she had was appalling).

....I haven't mentioned Cameron but as the person who has a 50-50 chance of being the next PM, he was surprisingly better yesterday than he had been previously. However, food banks increased useage and bedroom tax(I'll keep my views to myself on that one as it's a three day weekend and on forums it's the dangerous period).

Ultimately, the next Prime Minister will be either Ed Miliband or David Cameron. The choice is ours but ultimately, I do not believe either will gain a majority and after Ed Miliband stating he will not deal with anyone then as a betting man, I think that David Cameron will be PM in the next Parliament on that basis.

I guess we will see next week....
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thankthe lord its all going to be decided next Thursday I think the crap that comes out of politicians mouths has marred many serious issues personal attacks on each other and a lack of policies for the good of everyone has come out.

Until we can have MPs that work for the people not the party we will have nothing but vain promises and false hope

Comment

I have to say it throws up some difficult decisions. When the coalition were voted in I said to one of my employees who was staunchly Tory that we couldn't afford to change direction hence why I would have liked to see Labour stay. Now I see the Tories say if you want to continue the recovery vote to carry on as we are. The problem with that is there isn't a box to tick on the form for a condem alliance. The Lib-Dems are a bit wishy-washy for me but I would have to say that they have probably kept the extreme and hurtful policies the Tories would like to bring in at bay. Question would be could they control the excesses of Labour if they were with them? UKIP would constantly be pandering to what they believe the true Brit wants yet I don't believe there is a true Brit just a true Brit stereotype. Going back to what I said about being able to afford to change direction I still don't believe we can, not because we don't need to change direction but because the motivation politicians seem to have to change direction seem to be based around proving the others wrong as opposed to doing what's right. Because of this motivation we tend to scrap things that have already cost us dearly instead of seeing what could be salvaged. The SNP are going to have something to say yet they are predominantly interested in what happens in Scotland without really considering the rest of us. I know the Scots reading this will probably be thinking now you can understand what we have been putting up with all these years and you don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot but is now really the time for the distraction? I haven't witnessed this great recovery we are supposed to be in and haven't met that many who can see they are witnessing it but am I right in noticing that Cameron has stopped blaming Labour for the world wide recession and is now just blaming them for leaving us with no money to fight it? Isn't it also a coincidence that HSBC threaten to pull out of the UK this close to the election.

Comment

We need a new Government capable of putting the Country back to where it should be with equal opportunity for all and a fair system of taxation where everyone pays whats due.

I still believe that all the time we have a system where each party has an agenda for its paymasters that's put before everyone else we will never reach are full potential.

Comment

I watched Thursday's Question Time special, from Leeds.
                I was in the audience.
                Miliband was hammered, booed and jeered by a predominantly Left-wing BBC audience.
                He simply would not admit that Labour overspent during their 13 years, despite abundant proof that they did.
                As a woman said, "how can we vote for you when you're still in denial? You'll just do it again".
                Another woman asked why Balls hadn't been sacked, as he would have been if employed in the private sector. Balls said Liam Byrne's note "there's no money left" was a joke.
                Hmm, what sort of joke is Balls then?
                It's going to be interesting next Thursday. I foresee second and third elections. I can't remember ever seeing such an evenly split vote as we have likely now.

Comment

Heres hoping its settled first time cannot bear this pre election rubbish again

Comment

Originally posted by sean5302 View Post

Another woman asked why Balls hadn't been sacked, as he would have been if employed in the private sector.
                    Sacked for what?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                      Sacked for what?
                      A balls up?

Comment

[QUOTE=sean5302;540773]I watched Thursday's Question Time special, from Leeds.
                        " a predominantly Left-wing BBC audience."

BBC wouldn't agree! http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...eaders-special

Comment

Sacked for what?
                          being Ed Balls ?

(seems good enough reason to me)
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sacked for what?
                            Incompetence and bringing the senior management into disrepute.
                            I expect my managers to show common sense.
                            The situation was that Labour had spent "all the money" according to Liam Byrne.
                            Is that, in any way, funny?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=des8;540781]
                            I watched Thursday's Question Time special, from Leeds.
                            " a predominantly Left-wing BBC audience."

BBC wouldn't agree! http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...eaders-special
                            Have you ever known the Liberal-Left BBC think they are anything other than completely impartial?

Comment

Ed (talking) Ball is a glazed eyed fanatic probably having his "strings" by a certain family member.

Comment

Incompetence and bringing the senior management into disrepute.
                                I expect my managers to show common sense.
                                The situation was that Labour had spent "all the money" according to Liam Byrne.
                                Is that, in any way, funny?
                                I was just curious as to the suggestion that somehow Balls would have been sacked had he have been in the private sector. Anyone in a similarly senior position in a similarly large organization in the private sector would have defended to the hilt by the company, not sacked. It's something we've seen time and time again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X