• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Election 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Election 2015

Wheres the Hung parliament?

Wheres the UKIP MPS by the dozen

Byebye Milliband

byebye Clegg

The people have decided like it or not Cameron is back IMO the best of a bad bunch and the only possible winner all along, until there is acredible alternative to the 2 party system we can expect the same result in 5 years time

Comment

I am afraid you are right Wales but I just cannot bear the thoughts of a government that does deals with DCAs. We got the same old gobsh**e here. Well, let us hope the demographic has changed. If it has then there is hope that they will start to listen to the people from less privileged areas. I also hope that people start to write or visit their MPs and badger them. The have to be constantly reminded who they work for, who pays their salaries and that we, the people, will ‘review’ them again in 5 years.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Groups like LB are the way forward in changing policy on our own the rest of us have a very small voice .
        We nee a Country for all of us rich poor immigrants and all others we need to move away b
        from blaming immigration and other things on our problems time to change the future is for everyone together we can make a better life for all.

Comment

Immigration is certainly not the bones of our problems but the numbers are. For us to keep the doors open and the Balkans and Turkey waiting to join the EU all with a free passage here is a frightening thought imo.
          No matter how many times they tell us Immigration helps the economy I would like a clear and simples explanation as to how exactly, maybe then I may feel a little better towards it.

Comment

Well our Labour MP won a few % larger majority than in 2010, and UKIP stormed it into 3rd with only a few hundred between them and conservative in 2nd.

Really I'm happy, I like Dennis as my local MP, and I'm really pleased with a majority government ( if indeed it happens and nothing bananas happens in the next couple hours!)

Very sad watching some very well loved and (IMO) very good people falling by the wayside though. Was quite choked up watching a few seats results overnight. It'd be nice if we could make parliament up out of people rather than parties.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

That's what I greenly though a coalition would do Ame, best man for the job and all that. All it did bring was cat fights and pathetic bickering.
              Am sure if they all put there heads together and listened to the public we would all be a lot happier.

Comment

• Re: Election 2015: Conservative benefit cut options leaked

Sad to see some of the consumer champions (Jo Swinson & Vince Cable) losing their seats.

On the flip side I am glad to see Ed Balls removed from his seat and position as Shadow Chancellor, he was instrumental to Gordon Brown's economic policy that put the country in the mess during the last Labour administration.
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I think I prefer the Finnish election system where each party usually has more than one candidate for each constituency. Therefore you are able to vote for the person you like, rather than the party. As a result, many parties can have anything from zero to several candidates going through.

Yesterday I didn't vote for the Tories mainly because I dislike my local MP who is now returning. Last time I voted for him but when I contacted him with an issue he couldn't care less!

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
                    I am afraid you are right Wales but I just cannot bear the thoughts of a government that does deals with DCAs. We got the same old gobsh**e here. Well, let us hope the demographic has changed. If it has then there is hope that they will start to listen to the people from less privileged areas. I also hope that people start to write or visit their MPs and badger them. The have to be constantly reminded who they work for, who pays their salaries and that we, the people, will ‘review’ them again in 5 years.
                    Indeed, that's what they should be there for and, in the end, it's them who get the vote rather than the leader of the party himself. There's always that element though, you may vote for a local MP you like but you may not like the party leader that much and it's HIM who will be calling the shots.

In the bigger scheme of things, DCAs are minor players and it is the big guys in the banking system who should be dealt with. As much as I don't agree with a lot of right-wing Tory policy, one has to see that it was actually LABOUR that allowed the banks to run riot and it was also Labour who agreed to bail them out. Not quite what one would expect from a Labour government and maybe the reason why people didn't trust them even now.

Originally posted by Mr $quanda£ot View Post
                    I think I prefer the Finnish election system where each party usually has more than one candidate for each constituency. Therefore you are able to vote for the person you like, rather than the party. As a result, many parties can have anything from zero to several candidates going through.
                    You'd still be voting for that party though, wouldn't you? If you had, say, three conservative candidates to choose from, surely voting for any of them would still be a vote for the Tories so you'd still have Cameron in No. 10.

Originally posted by Mr $quanda£ot View Post
                    Yesterday I didn't vote for the Tories mainly because I dislike my local MP who is now returning. Last time I voted for him but when I contacted him with an issue he couldn't care less!
                    That's not the attitude one would expect from our elected representatives, however, some issues are just outside their remit. There's always a balance between how much the government should intervene in our daily lives or the running of private businesses.
                    Last edited by FlamingParrot; 8th May 2015, 11:50:AM.

Comment

• Re: Election 2015: Conservative benefit cut options leaked

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                      Sad to see some of the consumer champions (Jo Swinson & Vince Cable) losing their seats.

On the flip side I am glad to see Ed Balls removed from his seat and position as Shadow Chancellor, he was instrumental to Gordon Brown's economic policy that put the country in the mess during the last Labour administration.
                      It was sad to see some of them go – Poor old Charles Kennedy. So easy to mock but he seemed a decent sort despite the drinking and the smoking on the train thing. I had to laugh at Jim Murphy saying ‘the fightback starts tomorrow! Unless it is a p**sing contest he is never going to defeat Nicola Queen of Scots.
                      Glad to see George Galloway go and Ed Balls – now there is a man there is simply no excuse for. Ed Miliband will step down. I bet brother Dave is laughing his whatsits off! It seems Nigel is going to ‘think about things’ over the summer! Good man, have a nice long think.
                      I will be attending my MP's first surgery just to remind him that there is a down side to winning.:rant:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                        Groups like LB are the way forward in changing policy on our own the rest of us have a very small voice .
                        We nee a Country for all of us rich poor immigrants and all others we need to move away b
                        from blaming immigration and other things on our problems time to change the future is for everyone together we can make a better life for all.
                        Originally posted by enaid View Post
                        Immigration is certainly not the bones of our problems but the numbers are. For us to keep the doors open and the Balkans and Turkey waiting to join the EU all with a free passage here is a frightening thought imo.
                        No matter how many times they tell us Immigration helps the economy I would like a clear and simples explanation as to how exactly, maybe then I may feel a little better towards it.
                        Indeed Turkey is a very large country, although I can't see why it should be in the EU, simply because it's not actually in Europe! Yes, a tiny bit of it is, technically, in Europe, but that would be a bit like saying Spain is in Africa because there's Ceuta and Melilla attached to Morocco and the Canary Islands further south.

There's more than just EU immigration though, and this can also be a regional issue. There seems to be a lot of people who feel their jobs are being taken by Eastern Europeans (as an example). However, there's a group that hardly ever gets a mention, and it's got nothing to do with the EU. These are the people from Commonwealth countries like Australia, New Zealand, etc. who are allowed to come here, initially for two years on a so-called "working holiday visa". As with many things, the principle is fine, however, in practice, many of those people end up staying here forever, or at least a lot longer than the two years they are supposed to stay. I know dozens of people who have come on those visas 15 or 20 years ago and are still here.

While 'working holiday makers' in most countries would be expected to be the ones doing, say, seasonal work in the ski resorts in the winter and the beach resorts in the summer, in this country, they often find well-paid work in London offices and many move up to management positions very quickly. They have a significant presence in recruitment agencies who then place their fellow countrymen in 'temp' positions within important companies. Some of these 'temps' even get sponsored by their employers and end up getting work permits that, in a few years, turn into permanent residence and even citizenship. I know a few of those people. Others get married in order to prolong their visas and keep their well-paid jobs. In the old days of paper magazines rather than web boards there used to be lots of recruitment ads openly saying "We love OZs and Kiwis".

Those of you in Wales or up north probably haven't even heard about all this going on, it's not widely publicised or debated, however, it is very significant for people in London and the Home Counties. This isn't something I've read about in the papers, it's something I've seen first hand for the past 25 years. As an example, a guy who used to work in a print shop in NZ came over on one of those visas, he quickly found a job as a team leader in an investment bank which merged with another bank, at which point he became my boss. Right at this time his visa expired and he literally had to get on the Eurostar at the weekend to get his passport stamped again or else he'd be an overstayer. The bank we were working for got him a working visa even though he didn't have any special skills. This all took place 16 years ago, he's still in the UK.

</rant over>

Comment

I will be attending my MP's first surgery just to remind him that there is a down side to winning.:rant:
                          i did suggest big lasers for burning the eys out of politicians that dont keep there promises.'' you didn't what ZZapppppppp !!! but there is probably a reason why am not allowed near the lasers without supervision.

Come to think of it, perhaps a vist and reminder is a little less permanent, but my way is definitely faster

what happens to polotitions that break there core promises, ask a liberal democrat,,, if you can find one HAHAHAHAHAH
                          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                            Indeed Turkey is a very large country, although I can't see why it should be in the EU, simply because it's not actually in Europe! Yes, a tiny bit of it is, technically, in Europe, but that would be a bit like saying Spain is in Africa because there's Ceuta and Melilla attached to Morocco and the Canary Islands further south.

There's more than just EU immigration though, and this can also be a regional issue. There seems to be a lot of people who feel their jobs are being taken by Eastern Europeans (as an example). However, there's a group that hardly ever gets a mention, and it's got nothing to do with the EU. These are the people from Commonwealth countries like Australia, New Zealand, etc. who are allowed to come here, initially for two years on a so-called "working holiday visa". As with many things, the principle is fine, however, in practice, many of those people end up staying here forever, or at least a lot longer than the two years they are supposed to stay. I know dozens of people who have come on those visas 15 or 20 years ago and are still here.

While 'working holiday makers' in most countries would be expected to be the ones doing, say, seasonal work in the ski resorts in the winter and the beach resorts in the summer, in this country, they often find well-paid work in London offices and many move up to management positions very quickly. They have a significant presence in recruitment agencies who then place their fellow countrymen in 'temp' positions within important companies. Some of these 'temps' even get sponsored by their employers and end up getting work permits that, in a few years, turn into permanent residence and even citizenship. I know a few of those people. Others get married in order to prolong their visas and keep their well-paid jobs. In the old days of paper magazines rather than web boards there used to be lots of recruitment ads openly saying "We love OZs and Kiwis".

Those of you in Wales or up north probably haven't even heard about all this going on, it's not widely publicised or debated, however, it is very significant for people in London and the Home Counties. This isn't something I've read about in the papers, it's something I've seen first hand for the past 25 years. As an example, a guy who used to work in a print shop in NZ came over on one of those visas, he quickly found a job as a team leader in an investment bank which merged with another bank, at which point he became my boss. Right at this time his visa expired and he literally had to get on the Eurostar at the weekend to get his passport stamped again or else he'd be an overstayer. The bank we were working for got him a working visa even though he didn't have any special skills. This all took place 16 years ago, he's still in the UK.

</rant over>

My Ex sister in law worked in America BUT had to leave for at least one day a year then renew visa (Requirement) she flew to Canada and back next day, though on the last flight in the early 80s she was sat next to an american book binder, talking to him and they married about 10 months later. so not un common for many a country to leave to just return for visa requirements, if I travel with my wife to where she is from I automatically get a free 1 year visa, but when I travel on my own I have to either extend beyond 30 days by payment, or leave for a day and return the next day for a visitor visa stamp for another 30 days.

Comment

HTML Code:
                              Those of you in Wales or up north probably haven't even heard about all this going on,
                              Steady now!!!!!

~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
                                HTML Code:
                                Those of you in Wales or up north probably haven't even heard about all this going on,
                                Steady now!!!!!

:juge::director: comments like that about where people live are rude obnoxious & Rude, . Made me smile though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X