• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Election 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Election 2015

Ah no, I do not think it rude at all! Funny and a good opportunity to have a laugh. FP is an absolute star.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
      Ah no, I do not think it rude at all! Funny and a good opportunity to have a laugh. FP is an absolute star.

we do not take it serious so do not fret, hence I reported made me smile!

Comment

Re immigration - I cannot say too much on this –Being Irish. No matter where you go in the world you will find us. Apparently we are a bit like Man united Fans and Rats –you are never more than 3 yards away from one. I must admit however that this is a bit worrying because we all remember the flood after Eastern Europe came on board.
        Now I ‘ave to head off for ‘big town’ I will saddle up me best mare and bring dem there goats fer barter. Happen as I might git a nice bag a flour for em.!!!!!Ha Ha! Wonder if ‘lection ‘as gone well?

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

HTML Code:
          Those of you in Wales or up north probably haven't even heard about all this going on,
          Steady now!!!!!
          Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          :juge::director: comments like that about where people live are rude obnoxious & Rude, . Made me smile though.
          There was a reason for the regional references, in that it would appear the group of people I'm referring to are largely interested in well-paid London jobs and that's where their presence and their being allowed to come and work can have a more direct impact. If any working holiday maker strays into other areas, it would be more in tune with the true nature of such arrangements, i.e. to take up temp work in, say, a pub or a hotel for a few months, which is fair enough as that's what a working holiday maker would be supposed to do, rather than kick-starting a career that would probably have been impossible to have done down under, which is why there are so many over here, despite them always going on about how much better life is down there.

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Do you know what the South Wales people say about us up here in the north?
            ‘People in North Wales are like piles. When they stay up, they are fine, When they come down and go back up they are not too bad but when they come down and stay down they are a pain in the a**e’:lol:

~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
              oh Dear it looks like the Tories are about to win . Even more unfortunately our long standing Lib-Dem has lost to labour here in cambridge. I really dread to think what the swivel eyed loons on the right of the party are going to do but the demolition of the Welfare state is now about t start as the Tories paymasters call in the money.
              Daniel Zeichner squeaked in by about 500 votes. I think I saw some of the party workers on their way to the car park in central Cambridge this morning on my way to work. I did feel sorry for Julian Huppert because I think he was a very good MP for the city who did vote the way that he had pledged he would do unlike others within his party. Unfortunately, due to the boundaries of the constituency, I am on the wrong side of the line meaning I couldn't vote for Julian(and I probably would have done so).

In terms of nationally, I was quite surprised at how badly Labour did in England to be honest. The Conservative Party took seats off of them as well but to get a majority in Westminster surprised the hell out of me. I expected a hung Parliament.

For the Lib Dems, they have a choice of 7 MP's for their new leader. Before the last general election, Channel 4 had a program that said whichever party won the election would be destroyed for a generation. I just did not think it would be the LibDems that would be that party.

For Labour, one name I have heard today is Andy Burnham, who you may remember getting booed at the Hillsborough memorial ceremony when Labour were in Government. That might be interesting to see.

Anyway, my prediction for the next general election(as I was so wrong on this occasion) is for a Labour win since Cameron won't be leader anymore. I will take my hat off to that Boris Johnson article in 2012. He was right that Conservatives would win a majority in 2015.
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Well me thinks the clone clowns have met their match with Ms Sturgeon and listening to the things the SNP are wanting, well it's everything but the kitchen sink and their part of the National debt. Suppose time will tell.

Comment

Well one of my wishes for the election ( other than seeing labour stuffed) did come true seeing Ed (talking Balls) lose his seat.
                  Unfortunately " Wallace Milliprat" kept his.

Comment

Nattie, I also think that Theresa May will be in the running for Party leader in 2019/2020. She is a good Home Secretary and IMO would make a good Prime Minister as would Boris, who's buffoon act is quite clever.
                    [MENTION=29921]nemesis[/MENTION], I can't agree more with you about Ed Balls
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                      Nattie, I also think that Theresa May will be in the running for Party leader in 2019/2020. She is a good Home Secretary and IMO would make a good Prime Minister as would Boris, who's buffoon act is quite clever.
                      @nemesis, I can't agree more with you about Ed Balls
                      Now the worry is will Hattie Harperson rise from deputy leader to leader, or will Mrs Balls throw her Harris Tweed knickers in the ring??

Comment

Yvette Cooper was my MP before I moved to Derbyshire, not a big fan I have to say and in no way compares to her Conservative counterpart
                        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

@nemesis, I can't agree more with you about Ed Balls
                          Now I totally agree with you about Boris. I hate the way the media portray him as a buffoon. I also hate it when those bitches on programmes such as have I got news for you get cheap laughs out of his hair or accent. If people with ‘posher’ accents were to take the proverbial out of those with regional or dare I say more ‘common’ accents there would be total uproar.
                          Boris not only talks a lot of sense when he is allowed to speak but is a bit of a hero. Remember when he got off his bike to chase those gits who mugged the lady? No one wanted to hear how he helped her, chased the gits and then walked her home. They just laughed about him calling the muggers ‘oinks’ and said he just wanted to get his leg over! I also saw him going into a big pow wow with all the other conservatives. They barged past the reporters but not only did he speak politely to them, he stood back and held the door open for a minion who was carrying some files.
                          Class discrimination can work two ways you know!

~ Anonymous

Comment

The buffoonery is a voluntary act and he cleverly uses it to his advantage

Comment

The buffoonery is a voluntary act and he cleverly uses it to his advantage
                              I just think it is his natural way to be honest and I actually admire him for not trying to change. It would be as irritating as good old Dennis Skinner suddenly developing a plummy accent. I think we are just used to having people with the same mannerisms, accents and expressions portrayed as inbred idiots and buffoons rather than Boris making a deliberate effort.

~ Anonymous

Comment

Actually, speaking of Boris’s image; how does he get so many women? Ed Miliband also had some sort of female fan club swooning over him. I know power is supposed to be a great aphrodisiac but when you look at Ed Miliband well…..I do not think I have ever been that drunk!!!!!

~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X