• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Di - lloyds ppi 1999 & 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Di - lloyds ppi 1999 & 2000

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    You coming down to the sunny south coast then !!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]
    hi p.f how,s tricks?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Cheers cappo and the same with yours too.

Yes not a bad area really but would like to sell up in time and maybe move South West in time, won't be for a few years yet though.
      a couple of those policy refunds wouid help that along

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
        i think we,re going to find out whats happening soon,i don,t see how the banks will wriggle out of it but then i did,nt see how they,d get out of the bank charges, mind you di there,s one big difference, even though the charges were illegal they couid i suppose use the argument that people had got in a muddle and were trying to renage on there debts but with the ppi they,ve actually been proven to have ripped consumers off,only wouid the banks be bold enough to rip people off then say people shouid,nt be able to claim the money back,if it was you or i we,d have been had up on fraud charges

Yes I know what you mean cappo, and hopefully all this waiting there will be a good outcome - fingers crossed.

Comment

Thanks for the update Di - glad to hear you're still keeping on top of them! I also heard (from FOS) regarding my final LTSB one this week..........it's still in a queue awaiting an adjudicator :tinysmile_hmm_t2: That's the oldest one I have (was repaid in mid 1990s) so 'twill be interesting to see how it pans out

Nellie x

Comment

You coming down to the sunny south coast then !!!!!!!!!!!!
            [/color][/left]

We are thinking about it PF, see how things go for the next couple of years, but I don't particularly want to stay here in Wales to be honest.
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
            Thanks for the update Di - glad to hear you're still keeping on top of them! I also heard (from FOS) regarding my final LTSB one this week..........it's still in a queue awaiting an adjudicator :tinysmile_hmm_t2: That's the oldest one I have (was repaid in mid 1990s) so 'twill be interesting to see how it pans out

Nellie x
            Hi hon
            Was meant to post up on the update the other day but for some reason it slipped my mind, so am glad Cappo posted up lol.
            Well with a bit of luck the FOS will resolve in your favour, all the best with this nellie, watching your posts as well x
            Last edited by di30; 24th February 2011, 20:03:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              We are thinking about it PF, see how things go for the next couple of years, but I don't particularly want to stay here in Wales to be honest.

Hi hon
              Was meant to post up on the update the other day but for some reason it slipped my mind, so am glad Cappo posted up lol.
              Well with a bit of luck the FOS will resolve in your favour, all the best with this nellie, watching your posts as well x
              go for it nellie,good luck

Comment

go for it nellie,good luck
                got a question for you di do you know who was regulating capital one bank in late 2004 apparently the fsa did,nt start regulating the insurance ppi arm until jan 2005 have tried to find out if the gisc were regulating them at that time or fla or abi have tried to find some info online but i can,t find anything.

Comment

Cappo yes I am fine thank you.

Cool Di it is lovely down here so close to the beach but also very near to some beautiful countryside.
                  If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

got a question for you di do you know who was regulating capital one bank in late 2004 apparently the fsa did,nt start regulating the insurance ppi arm until jan 2005 have tried to find out if the gisc were regulating them at that time or fla or abi have tried to find some info online but i can,t find anything.

Hiya

sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have no idea to be honest, but if you ring the FOS I think they will be able to check for you.
                    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...act/index.html

My sister lives in Liskeard in Cornwall and we have also spent many holidays in various parts of Cornwall, mainly Newquay, and its like a different world to here in Wales PF.

Comment

Capital One Bank subscribed to the General Insurance Standards Council (GISC) Code.

Comment

Thanks for that Angry Cat.

Comment

What's wrong with Wales, di30?

I would love to live somewhere near Lampeter

Comment

Been to Lampeter a few times, nice too.

Feel like a change from Wales, never felt better when we were staying in Cornwall for a few weeks, it was like a different world to me.
                            I remember on our return home to Wales I cried my eyes out, I wanted to turn back round lol, loved it.

Comment

Cappo yes I am fine thank you.

Cool Di it is lovely down here so close to the beach but also very near to some beautiful countryside.
                              sounds fantastic p.f
                              thats great ac,thanks
                              Last edited by cappo; 24th February 2011, 22:47:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

sounds fantastic p.f
                                thats great ac,thanks

So there be it - GISC governed, should be alright then to have the complaint adjudicated by the FOS.
                                Saves you a call to the FOS now that Angry Cat posted up with the answer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X