• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review

Hi there Mio0710

Sweetheart do not touch CMCs with a bargepole! Really, all they will do is fleece you. I'm still trying to get out of the contract I have with a CMC, they really are a bunch of cowboys. And with help from this site I know I have a good chance. Everything you need to know is on this forum including template letters and what to do next. Just shout if you need to know anything xxx
    In order for evil to triumph it is necessary only that good men do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      Very good point RedRose. I for one am getting concerned about Cento's erratic behaviour. Their licence expires in March....I'm not a betting gal but I seriously doubt they will get a renewal.

My fear is if they then go insolvent, taking everyones money with them.

Then they set up a new company to start over again.

It angers me that the MOJ take fees to licence these companies, but don't pay attention to clear breaches when they are staring them in the face.

Please, can we have some posts from people who have had success with this company? I sincerely hope this is possible.......
      I have just returned to this Forum after a (too) long absence and am intrigued by the Cento thread.

Incidentally, not only does the MOJ take an annual fee from Cento it also takes 40% of its profits - hardly leads to impartial advice to consumers as Cento must be (by far) its biggest contributor.

The vast majority of their cases (and therefore their clients money) will be lost as they have little basis in Law.

My advice to all people who have parted with money would be to look closely at Cento's professional indemnity insurance (if they have any) and sue for negligent advice.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBEUS View Post
        Incidentally, not only does the MOJ take an annual fee from Cento it also takes 40% of its profits - hardly leads to impartial advice to consumers as Cento must be (by far) its biggest contributor.
        All CMCs registered with MOJ pay an annual registration fee - I think it's around £1500 - £2000?

I assume you mean this represents 40% of their profits. Surely you're not suggesting MOJ has some kind of profit sharing arrangment with a firm it regulates?

Comment

It is actually between 0.2 and 0.4% of annual turnover (so £3500 ish on £1million annual turnover). So % of profit depends on margins and turnover. Plus an initial application fee £450 to £900 application fee.
          The application form must be accompanied by a cheque for the application fee. This is £450 for businesses with a turnover of less than £0.5million, £675 for businesses with turnover between £0.5 and £1 million and £900 for businesses with a turnover of more than £1 million. If the application is in order an invoice will be issued for the annual fee, in accordance with a scale beginning at £100. The fee scale and guidance on the way in which turnover must be calculated are available in the Completing the Application Form Guidance Note. Full details are set out in the Fees Determination 2009.
          Annual fee
          4 (1)Authorised businesses will pay an annual fee.
          (2) Subject to sub-paragraphs (3) and (4), the annual fee shall be equal to -
          0.386% of annual turnover up to £1 million, plus
          0.332% of annual turnover between £1 million and £5 million, plus
          0.240% of annual turnover above £5 million.
          (3) The fee under sub-paragraph (2) shall be no more than -
          a) £25,000 where there is a contractual relationship with a client, or
          b) £10,000 where there is no contractual relationship with clients.
          (4) Where the annual turnover of a business is £103,630 or less, then the
          annual fee will be a fixed fee of –
          Annual Turnover of Authorised
          Business
          Annual Fee Payable
          Under £5,000 £100
          £5,000 - £14,999 £200
          £15,000 - £24,999 £300
          £25,000 - £103,630 £400
          Compliance
          5 Where the authorised business does not provide the annual turnover figures
          requested the Regulator may use the previous year’s actual or estimated
          annual turnover figure to calculate and issue an invoice pending the
          information required being supplied.
          Last edited by Amethyst; 7th January 2010, 08:48:AM.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

As we all know Cento have not been arround for a year yet, February I believe was the date they were first incorporated as a LTD company.

So when do they pay this fee to the MOJ on their profits?

Thanks Moebus for bringing this point up and highlighting the connection with the MOJ.

Tuttsi

Comment

I stand corrected and find that a little disturbing.

Comment

So do I. Who is the most profitable company (don't answer) and who has regular meetings with the OFT (don't answer that either) and who has a large number of complaints against them and absolutely nothing being done by the MOJ (dont answer that either but its the same company).
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Exactly.

I wonder how widespread this type of registration fee based on profit/turnover is in other regulated markets?

Do the MOJ regulate any other markets?

Comment

Claims management regulation fees determination - Ministry of Justice

and

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...pdate_2009.pdf

are worth reading
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

So estimated income from fees alone (£2m+) match exactly estimated expenditure so all additional income derived from turnover/profit is just bunce.
                      Last edited by EXC; 7th January 2010, 09:39:AM.

Comment

nope, the annual fee is the turnover figure percentage. But yes new applications fees and annual fee is same as cost so regulator of the industry is entirely funded BY the industry.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok. Would be interesting to find out the actual total fee income. Do we know when the 2009/10 year ends?

Comment

July 2010 I think
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Client cntro review contacted me in October and after asking some questions told me I had a good case for mis-sold credit cards and loans and I paid £150. I was informed it would take 12 weeks and they sent me a pack that I had to sign letters of authority giving them access to credit card and loan information.

The initial caller said that if there was money to be refunded they would take 30% of that but if I was to get a zero balance then there would be nothing to pay. If they were unsuccessful then the £150 would be refunded as it was no win no fee. . so I had nothing to lose. they said solicitors would be working on the case.

I went ahead and payed and sent the pack back. I then received a call saying that they were 90-something percent certain they could get a zero balance on one of the cards and they wished to proceed right away - they would have to have another £500 holding fee as the money would be refunded straight to me it was just to cover expenses in the meantime. I was caught unawares and they said they were certain they would win and during my lunchbreak they rang back for a payment.

I phoned the day after asking how long this would take and they said it would take around 6 months. I said I was confused as initially they said there would be no more to pay - they said it ws because i was taking the priority service. I received another pack which I signed and sent back. After alarm bells started to ring (I had nothing inwriting) I sent a letter immediately stating that I did not wish to go ahead as initially i was told I could get 0 balance without paying any more and now they had changed it..I followed this a couple of days later (within the two week cooling off period) with a phone call and they said they had not received a letter but in order to give me a refund they had to receive the original documentation back which I sent to them.

Today I ring to see why i have not received my refund and they told me that they had not received the pack back within the two week period therefore I had no right to cancel and when I mentioned the phone calls they had no recollection or record of me speaking to them apart from the initial phone call - so this is it - they never received my cancellation letter and they deny any of my several phone calls and wont give me my money back - they said it will take 6-12 months and they will refund if not successfull - I dont believe them they could tell me in 5 years time theyre still fighting it.

Have I any chance of doing anything here - im now paying 15 pound a month on the 500 i paid on my card thinking it would take 12 weeks as originally stated. When I asked today if i could have it in writing re no win no fee she said its on our website and we are regulated by ministry of Justice.

Can anyone please advise - i know i have been stupid but they were very convincing.

Comment

Hi Delmarie

I would in your position write a letter to the MD and state that you are extremely unhappy with their service and as they have not been able to settle your claim in the 12 weeks they initially told you. They normally record calls but I am sure when you make a claim for money back sods law they can not find that recording.

Advise them that you will give them 7 days to make a full refund of your money or you will be reporting them to the Ministry of Justice and that should you not get your refund you intend to take this matter to the media.

Send the letter by recorded/special delivery and put in the body of the letter a resume' of the various phone calls that you have had with them.

Let us know what reaction you get. Keep everything from now in writing and thank you for posting up your story so far.

Tuttsi

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X