• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review

Hope you meant post it here. Here goes.
    Mr Stanton, Mr Kearle Mr Spooner – Directors
    Mr J Cunliffe
    Cento Client Review
    9 Axis Court
    Mallard Way
    Llansamlet
    Swansea
    SA7 0AJ

Re: Refund

20 January 2010

Dear Sirs

I am writing with complaint regarding the misleading way in which I believe you have conducted your business and require a refund of the £500.00 paid via my credit card on the 19 November 2009 immediately.

I was contacted on that day to be told that you were 99.9% sure that there was a claim for a zero balance on one of my credit cards but I was required to pay the £500.00 up front.

You informed me that this needed to be done quickly to process the claim. You rang whilst I was at work and rang again for payment at dinnertime. I paid over the phone and the day after I contacted yourselves to ask why there was a charge when I had been told that there would be no further up-front charges – even on a zero balance.

I was told this was because a zero balance meant that no monies would be payed to yourselves and therefore you risked me not paying you the fee at the end so the £500 was simply put into a solicitors holding account (may I ask where/whos account my money is currently held in please) and would not be touched.

You advised me to wait for the pack which would be with me shortly and sign and return asap in order to start the process. You again assured me that I had nothing to lose and that the ‘solicitors’ would not be pursuing this if they were not 100% confident they had a claim.

I also informed you that I had not received any terms and conditions and could I have these and also copies of the original documents I had sent to you. You said they would be emailed to me – I never received them. You also said you would send me an email stating that the money was fully refundable – again this email was never received.

I enquired how you knew I had a claim for this credit card as I had only just returned the original pack you said you hadn’t accessed my documents yet but it was because the card was pre 1997.

I did not receive the priority pack until the afternoon of Friday 27th November 2009 – once again there were no terms and conditions in it and I wondered why the delay in receiving it. I decided that I did not wish to go ahead and I wrote a letter and posted it on the Monday (enclosed) stating this and the reasons why. I also informed you that I would not be signing the documents.

I rang you a couple of days later to ask when I would get the refund and you said that you hadn’t received the letter as yet but simply return the pack and I would get a refund right away. I posted the unsigned pack back to you.

I rang you again last week and asked why I had not received the refund and was told that you did not receive the pack until the 18th December which was out of the two week cooling off period so I would not be getting a refund – you denied any of my phone calls – no one had any recollection of speaking to me and you denied receiving my letter. It would not have been possible to get the pack back two weeks after paying because of the delay in sending it out!

I wrote to you within the two weeks cooling off period (the date the letter was typed can be seen in its propterties) and spoke to you on the phone. Not only that – your Terms and Conditions (which I finally received a copy of via email following my request on 7/01/10) state ‘Cooling off period is 14 days after signing the letter of engagement’ which as my letter stated and you will have noticed when you received the pack I did not sign.

When I mentioned I had not signed it on the phone to Susan on the 7/01/10 I was simply told I had better sign it quick so they can start work on it! When I complained I hadn’t had any T & C I was told well I should look on your website!

You have also been misleading in that you have repeatedly and from the start told me that a team of solicitors would be working on my documents and assessing if I had a claim when in fact they are not solicitors – even last week when questioned you told me well they are not solicitors but a legal team! I believe what you mean is another claims management company.

Your terms and conditions also state there will be no up front fees – you only get paid out of compensation due to myself.

Furthermore I believe that cold calling is against the Ministry of Justice regulations and that you are in breach of your authorisation by doing this in the first place.

I am giving you 7 days to give me a full refund of the £500 paid and am also making a complaint to the Ministry of Justice. Should I not get this refund I intend to take this matter to the Media. My payment reference is -----.

Yours faithfully

c.c. Mr Patrick Abernethy.
    Claims Management Officer
    Claims Management Regulation
    Monitoring and Compliance Unit
    57-60 High Street
    Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1Js

Comment

Hi Delmarie

One of the team here (Amy) has had a look at the letter and has slightly altered it. She still believe this is still too long but I will post it up to see if anyone overnight can add any further weight to this letter. Also, earlier today Amethyst posted a templated letter before action and POC especially for CMC's You may want to have a read of this post to see if anything here helps with your letter.http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=21147

DRAFT LETTER

Dear Sirs

I wish to raise a formal complaint with regard to the misleading way in which I believe you have conducted your business and now require a refund of the £500.00 paid via my credit card on the 19 November 2009 immediately.

I was contacted on that day to be told that you were 99.9% sure that there was a claim for a zero balance on one of my credit cards, but I was required to pay the £500.00 up front.

You informed me that this needed to be done quickly to process the claim. You rang whilst I was at work and rang again for payment at dinner time. I paid over the telephone and the day after I contacted you to ask why there was a charge when I had been told that there would be no further up-front charges – even on a zero balance.

I was told this was because a zero balance meant that no monies would be paid to you and therefore you risked me not paying you the fee at the end so the £500 was simply put into a solicitors holding account (may I ask where/whose account my money is currently held in please?) and would not be touched.

You advised me to wait for the pack which would be with me shortly and sign and return asap in order to start the process. You again assured me that I had nothing to lose and that the ‘solicitors’ would not be pursuing this if they were not 100% confident they had a claim.

I also informed you that I had not received any terms and conditions and could I have these and also copies of the original documents I had sent to you. You said they would be emailed to me – I never received them. You also said you would send me an email stating that the money was fully refundable – again this email was never received.

I enquired how you knew I had a claim for this credit card as I had only just returned the original pack you said you hadn’t accessed my documents yet but it was because the card was pre 1997.

I did not receive the priority pack until the afternoon of Friday 27th November 2009 – once again there were no terms and conditions in it and I wondered why the delay in receiving it. I decided that I did not wish to go ahead and I wrote a letter and posted it on the Monday (enclosed) stating this and the reasons why. I also informed you that I would not be signing the documents.

I rang you a couple of days later to ask when I would get the refund and you said that you hadn’t received the letter as yet but simply return the pack and I would get a refund right away. I posted the unsigned pack back to you.

I rang you again last week and asked why I had not received the refund and was told that you did not receive the pack until the 18th December which was out of the two week cooling off period so I would not be getting a refund – you denied any of my telephone calls – no one had any recollection of speaking to me and you denied receiving my letter. It would not have been possible to get the pack back two weeks after paying because of the delay in sending it out!

I wrote to you within the two weeks cooling off period (the date the letter was typed can be seen in its properties) and spoke to you on the telephone. Not only that – your Terms and Conditions (which I finally received a copy of via email following my request on 7/01/10) state ‘Cooling off period is 14 days after signing the letter of engagement’ which as my letter stated and you will have noticed when you received the pack I did not sign.

When I mentioned I had not signed it on the telephone to Susan on the 7/01/10 I was simply told I had better sign it quick so they can start work on it! When I complained I hadn’t had any T & C I was told well I should look on your website!

You have also been misleading in that you have repeatedly and from the start, told me that a team of solicitors would be working on my documents and assessing if I had a claim when in fact they are not solicitors – even last week when questioned you told me well they are not solicitors but a legal team! I believe what you mean is another claims management company.

Your terms and conditions also state there will be no up front fees – you only get paid out of compensation due to me.

Furthermore, I believe that cold calling is contrary to Ministry of Justice regulations and that you are in breach of your authorisation by doing this in the first place.

I will give you 7 days in which to refund me in full. Should I not receive this refund, I will issue a court claim without further notice to you and which will include my costs to date. I therefore suggest that you place this letter with your solicitors without delay in order that my refund can be processed.(I am not sure about this bit?)

Yours faithfully
      Last edited by TUTTSI; 26th January 2010, 22:51:PM.

Comment

hi all im new to this place and yes i was contacted last thursday by cento review and silly me went along with it but thx to my brother and these forums we found out they are a scam shame id already give out my details like a fool but ive sent them a email to cancel and also my brother as sent a email to the MOJ about them. So far no reply from the email i sent so im going to ring them in the morning

Comment

Hi Ghastos

I know they are very persuassive organisation and in any event have you received the pack?

If they have you need to send it back imediately and send it by Special Delivery to one of the Directors:-
          Mr J Cunliffe
          Cento Client Review
          9 Axis Court
          Mallard Way
          Llansamlet
          Swansea
          SA7 0AJ

If you do not have the pack at this moment I would do as you have said email them and try to keep everything in writing and do not forget to cc the Ministry of Justice.

57-60 High Street
          Burton on Trent
          Staffordshire
          DE14 1JS
          www.claimsregulation.gov. uk
          Telephone: 0845 450 6858
          Fax: 0845 450 6866
          Email: info@claimsregulation.gov .uk

Please read here about cooling off period.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...mId=1073792577

Distance selling and online trading

The cooling-off period and cancellations

When selling to consumers by mail order, phone, fax, internet or digital TV you must give them a cooling-off period during which they have an unconditional right to cancel the contract.
          In the case of services, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the order was made - or after written confirmation is received.
          In the case of goods, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the goods are received.
          Consumers must inform you in writing - by letter, fax or email - of their decision to cancel.
          Consumers' money should be reimbursed as soon as possible - and in any case within a maximum period of 30 days.
          Your contract with the consumer should also specify who pays any postage necessary to return unwanted goods.
          However, there are some exceptions to the right to cancel. Consumers can't cancel if the contract is for:

You have every right at this stage to have your money returned to you if that is your wish.

Please keep us informed of developments.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by Ghastous View Post
          hi all im new to this place and yes i was contacted last thursday by cento review and silly me went along with it but thx to my brother and these forums we found out they are a scam shame id already give out my details like a fool but ive sent them a email to cancel and also my brother as sent a email to the MOJ about them. So far no reply from the email i sent so im going to ring them in the morning

Comment

Re: Cento Client Review
            Hi, I'm also new to the forum and not quite sure if this is how you post information! I was cold called by CCR as far back as last October. I've been putting them off as still not sure about them nor giving them my card details over the phone. In October their "upfront" fee was £150, but last week when Gareth called back, it had gone up to £299 but stated that if i was a "new" customer if would be £500! He is calling back Friday hoping that I will pay the £299 and send out my pack with Letter of Engagement. These forum posts have given me food for thought and decided not to proceed with these people. Thanks Puppy

Comment

ive just got a nice feeling that even after ive sent the pack back and got onto them about a refund im still going to lose the £175.55 that they have already taken

Comment

Please just follow the guide that I have given to you to claim back from them, keep it all in writing with a cc to MOJ and hopefully you should receive your money back.

ive just got a nice feeling that even after ive sent the pack back and got onto them about a refund im still going to lose the £175.55 that they have already taken
                Hi Ghastos

I know they are very persuassive organisation and in any event

Have they sent the pack to you?

If they have you need to send it back imediately and send it by Special Delivery to one of the Directors:-
                Mr J Cunliffe
                Cento Client Review
                9 Axis Court
                Mallard Way
                Llansamlet
                Swansea
                SA7 0AJ

If you do not have the pack at this moment I would do as you have said email them and try to keep everything in writing and do not forgett cc the Ministry of Justice.

57-60 High Street
                Burton on Trent
                Staffordshire
                DE14 1JS
                www.claimsregulation.gov. uk
                Telephone: 0845 450 6858
                Fax: 0845 450 6866
                Email: info@claimsregulation.gov .uk

Please read here about cooling off period.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...mId=1073792577

Distance selling and online trading

The cooling-off period and cancellations

When selling to consumers by mail order, phone, fax, internet or digital TV you must give them a cooling-off period during which they have an unconditional right to cancel the contract.
                In the case of services, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the order was made - or after written confirmation is received.
                In the case of goods, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the goods are received.
                Consumers must inform you in writing - by letter, fax or email - of their decision to cancel.
                Consumers' money should be reimbursed as soon as possible - and in any case within a maximum period of 30 days.
                Your contract with the consumer should also specify who pays any postage necessary to return unwanted goods.
                However, there are some exceptions to the right to cancel. Consumers can't cancel if the contract is for:

You have every right at this stage to have your money returned to you if that is your wish.

Please keep us informed of developments.

Tuttsi

Comment

when u say keep it all in writing with a cc to MOJ wat do u mean by cc

Comment

cc means that you send a copy of the letter which you have sent to Cento to the MOJ as well. You must mark your letter after you have signed it with cc to MOJ to let Cento know that the MOJ have also been advised that you are making a complaint.

I hope that I have explained it to you but if you still do not understand please advise me.

Tuttsi

when u say keep it all in writing with a cc to MOJ wat do u mean by cc

Comment

cc = carbon copy (when you send a copy of a letter to more than one person, you use this abbreviation to let them know)

Comment

well im not sending my letters by post im emailing them and so far not a single reply from them so beging to lose faith now

Comment

If Cento has breached the terms of the agreement, the distance selling regs (in not refunding you when you returned the pack before the specified time) etc and you have complained to them and the MOJ and are getting nowhere then you should start looking at legal action to recoup your money.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Also, in addition to what Amethyst has said in the previous post if you have paid for the service with Cento Client Review and it has been more than 12 weeks since you initially paid them and especially if it is for a CREDIT CARD reclaim, you should contact your credit card provider imediately to see if the refund has been made directly to Cento Client Review. I am not suggesting that this is the case here but it would be a good idea to check the status directly with the Credit Card Company for peace of mind.

On this site Credit card refunds have been taking between 9 to 21 days for a refund + interest to be recovered.

It has come to light on another Claims Management Company that the refunds have been made directly to the CMC involved many months ago (as far back as August 09) and the clients have still not received their refunds despite promises. Please read this thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=21147

Can you please contact your Credit Card providers and enquire as to the status of your refunds and post on here and advise the current situation.

Thank you

Tuttsi
                            Last edited by TUTTSI; 29th January 2010, 11:02:AM.

Comment

i paid Cento 149 quid on May14 2009 and after many calls asking them how things were getting on , i phoned on Jan 26 th and demanded my money back. the lady finally conceded that if i wait until 1st April 2010 and if nothing has been resolved by then they would pay me my money back. after reading on this thread that their license is up for renewal in March , no wonder she has told me to ring back in April, i guess they will no longer be trading !!

Comment

Ratty, what they have told you so far has been over the telephone, you should obtain any information like that in writing and also keep everything in writing from now on end. Also, when you paid them £150 last May I believe they were advising that claims would not take more than 13 weeks? I may be wrong so it is worth trying to remember what they told you as if this is the case you should demand your money back now - why wait for a whole year?

Have you asked them the status of your claim(s) and what have they told you?

What exactly are they supposed to be claiming for you, ie Credit Card charges, Bank Charges, PPI etc?????

Did you read my previous post and have you checked with any of the companies they were claiming from just to check the status of your claims ?

Here is the address for all correspondence and all the directors names at Cento Client Review for your information and who you should address all letters, Mr Cunliff as far as I know normally signs the cheques for refunds:-

Mr Stanton, Mr Kearle Mr Spooner Mr Cunliffe– Directors

Mr J Cunliffe
                                Cento Client Review
                                9 Axis Court
                                Mallard Way
                                Llansamlet
                                Swansea
                                SA7 0AJ

Tuttsi

Originally posted by ratty View Post
                                i paid Cento 149 quid on May14 2009 and after many calls asking them how things were getting on , i phoned on Jan 26 th and demanded my money back. the lady finally conceded that if i wait until 1st April 2010 and if nothing has been resolved by then they would pay me my money back. after reading on this thread that their license is up for renewal in March , no wonder she has told me to ring back in April, i guess they will no longer be trading !!
                                Last edited by TUTTSI; 31st January 2010, 17:20:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X