• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everyone, i'm new on here, desperate to say the least, please can anyone help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, i'm new on here, desperate to say the least, please can anyone help!

1st letter i received was on the 03/01/13 from moorcroft debt recovery limited saying i owe 6658.43 to a compant called Arrow Global Guernsey ltd, i had know idear what this was about or who either companies were, i didnt respond, a week later i had another letter from moorcroft with a monthly instalment offer of 120.00 per month. still no wiser. Then the following day a letter from Restons solicitors, saying i owe same amount to this company Arrow Global Guernsey, demanding full payment. I sent a prove?proof it template letter to Restons within two days they had written back to me, The debt was great universal catalouge company, the last payment i made was 50.00 on 9th january 2009.... this is prob very true, i divorced and moved house at that time. i have no payment cards or anything so just have to accept this is the correct amount, i have no idea, because the agent passed away. what should i do know? i dont have this money to pay, i live with my brother and wife, they dont want this kind of thing at their address, i'm worried sick, cant eat or sleep. can anyone help, should i just write to Restons and say i only work part time and can pay 100.00 per month, oh god i bet they wont accept it now. can anyone help, please. thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Hello everyone, i'm new on here, desperate to say the least, please can anyone he

Hi Dippydoo and welcome.

First of all, don't stress! Second, don't make any offers of repayment! If you haven't paid since Jan 2009 you are 4 years into Statute Barred, meaning you just have another 2 years to go! Any written acknowledgment of the debt at this stage will just reset the clock and you'll lose the 4 years.

I'll be back with more...

Comment

Re: Hello everyone, i'm new on here, desperate to say the least, please can anyone he

Those catalogue companies were well known for not getting people to sign an agreement so they are virtually all unenforceable. You should send Arrow a CCA request and copy Restons in on it so as to keep them in the loop and stop them in their tracks in case they're getting any ideas. Arrow and Restons are trigger-happy and quick to issue County Court claims so it's important to do this as soon as possible. They can't enforce the debt (get a CCJ) whilst in default of a s.78 CCA request.

Send them this with a £1 PO and sign using a computer font, not your real signature, to be on the safe side. Send it recorded delivery so it can be tracked. They have 14 days to respond. It's extremely unlikely they'll be able to provide you with anything resembling an agreement but this should cover you and stop them in their tracks. Other than sending the CCA request, do not communicate with them, make any offers of repayment or speak to them on the phone.

Any idea when you opened this catalogue account?
      Dear Sirs
      Account: xyz

I hereby formally request a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement, pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974).
      I require you to provide me with a true copy, or reconstituted copy of the credit agreement relating to any account you deem to be mine, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit (12 + 2 days).
      If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties. Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b), 6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).
      I also remind you of your duties, in line with recent OFT Guidance (issued Oct 2010) surrounding Unenforceability, I presume you're aware that the OFT has stipulated that 'sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account & Hire Agreements'. This simply means that under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:
      • a copy of their agreement
      • copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
      • a statement of account

If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor cannot:
      • make the debtor pay the debt before they're supposed to
      • get a court judgment against the debtor

So, in line with the OFT Guidance, and the Consumer Credit Act, please find attached my £1 payment, which is the statutory fee - note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

Comment

hi there, thank you so so much for taking time to reply. The account with great universal was opened in 01/10/2002 i do remember sjgning some sort of credit agreement, everytime you had a very large item of value you would have to sign an agreement. I was a customer for years but the old man who ran the club book died, so i just paid it myself direct to great universal for a good couple of years then i stopped when i moved house nearly 4 yrs ago. I'm very worried tho because this restons must have something on me, they know it was great universal and when i last paid and how much i paid, so they must hold records on me?? What is that thing you said to send to arrow?? Also do i send exact same to restons too? Sorry what is it called i dont know th short word you use. Also i have no address for this Arrow place. Sorry but, i'm at a loss x

Comment

Dippydoo, what you signed every time you bought a large item would not have been a proper credit agreement. Abbreviated as best. I had same kind of account with GU and when I asked for a full CCA back in 2009 they said they did not have one and would not consequently be chasing me for the debt. As per FlamingParrots advice do not speak to these guys over the phone and do a CCA request. Stay strong .....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
            Dippydoo, what you signed every time you bought a large item would not have been a proper credit agreement. Abbreviated as best. I had same kind of account with GU and when I asked for a full CCA back in 2009 they said they did not have one and would not consequently be chasing me for the debt. As per FlamingParrots advice do not speak to these guys over the phone and do a CCA request. Stay strong .....
            i'm a little unclear who do i send these template letters to is it great universal or global and of course restons. I dont or cant get an address for arrowt global. thank you both for your kindness.

Comment

Send it to global. They are the ones chasing you for the money. Also send a copy of the letter to Restons even though the supposed letter from them was probably printed by arrow Global

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                Send it to global. They are the ones chasing you for the money. Also send a copy of the letter to Restons even though the supposed letter from them was probably printed by arrow Global
                Thank you for the help, i have googled this arrow global place, cant get an address at all from them. Anyone help with this please. Thank you.

Comment

http://www.arrowglobal.net/contactus/default.aspx

Comment

thank you so so much, your all very kind, i,m going to print these two template letters in the morning, put them recorded delivery with the pound postal order in each, send one to arrow global and the other to restons solicitors. I dread going to bed at night with all this worry.

Comment

Only send the £1 to Arrow. Just copy the letter to Restons to tell them that you have requested data and await its arrival.

Try not to worry too much. From now on you start to take control back and treat these threat monkeys with the contempt they deserve.

Comment

Relax, you should be fine! Send the CCA request with the £1 fee to ARROW ONLY, send a copy of the letter to Restons WITHOUT THE FEE, you only pay it once to the creditor, not the shysters acting for them. The reason for sending a copy to Restons is to inform them that you have sent a CCA request to Arrow and stop them from issuing proceedings. The request should be addressed to Arrow.

Comment

You do not need to send Restons a quid. Just send them a copy of the cca you are sending to glibal. As i said earluer the so called letter from Restons probably originated fro global

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                            You do not need to send Restons a quid. Just send them a copy of the cca you are sending to glibal. As i said earluer the so called letter from Restons probably originated fro global
                            thank you to you all for your kindness, i'm just sorting all this now, will pop it in post shortly. Hope i can sort something, its worrying me sick, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dippydoo View Post
                              thank you to you all for your kindness, i'm just sorting all this now, will pop it in post shortly. Hope i can sort something, its worrying me sick, thank you.
                              Try not to worry, they have 14 days to respond. Merely sending the CCA request will show them you know what you're talking about and are not just going to roll over and pay which is what they are expecting.

If memory serves me, another LB member (Plan B), managed to get shot of Arrow, who had instructed solicitors to send a Letter Before Action, by sending a CCA request. That was months ago and they haven't been back since!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X