• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everyone, i'm new on here, desperate to say the least, please can anyone help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello everyone, i'm new on here, desperate to say the least, please can anyone he

Hi there if flaming parott is around or ruby would you take a look please. thank you.

Comment

Re: Hello everyone, i'm new on here, desperate to say the least, please can anyone he

Try not to worry! It's not uncommon for creditors to take longer than 14 days to respond to a CCA request, especially when the debt has been sold to a debt purchaser. They don't get any paperwork and have to refer back to the original creditor to obtain it, this can take time. The account is unenforceable while they are in default of your request. Yes, the paperwork could still turn up but it may not be compliant. There isn't much else you can do at this stage so try to forget about it. Before they issue a claim they will normally send you a Letter Before Action or Letter of Claim, that's part of the Pre-action protocol. If you get any letters do post up here so you can respond accordingly, the devil is in the detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
        Do the FSA/OFT.GOV give a toss? NOT!!
        One should hope not - there are already too many unemployed people who toss for a living as it is...

Comment

Dippydoo, please, please don't worry unduly. FB has given you sound advice. (post 47)

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
            Dippydoo, please, please don't worry unduly. FB has given you sound advice. (post 47)
            Thank you flaming parrot & ruby, just worried sick with this, everytime post comes, so worried i will end up going to court, i thank you both.

Comment

hi there you good people nothing to report yet, not heard anything yet. Well post if and when, thank you.

Comment

Keep strong. Make sure that you keep your letter and proof of posting safe.

Comment

thank you scottie dog, yes its safe. Thanx

Comment

Hiya Flaming parrot, Ruby or anyone else who's been helping me with the previous, please can you help with the letter i had delivered yesterday, i was gutted really, i really didn't think this Arrow Global company would be getting back to me was getting less worried because the 14 days had passed by and nothing they received my letter & 1.00 postal on the 11th feb 2013.
                    But they wrote back!!!!! i dont know how to take details out and past letter, so i shall copy what the letter says. the also returned the 1.00 postal order too.
                    We thank you for your letter dated 04/02/2013 and acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the consumer credit act 1974.
                    please accept our apologies for the delay responding due toan administrative oversight.
                    we do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. we will now process your request for documentation from the originating creditor and will revert in due course.
                    we confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.
                    we return the payment of £1.00 postal order.
                    yours sincerely Arrow Global.
                    What do you make of that please, do you think they will take it to court next? sorry you know i'm a worrier.
                    Something strange on top of this letter i notice
                    Debt Owed to Arrow Global
                    Assigned By Phoenix Recoveries (UK)
                    PS.... this phoenix recoveries have never been mentioned before... where do these fit it, what have these got to do with it??
                    please help!! what now.
                    thank you.

Comment

Dippy, that letter is nothing to worry about! All it seems to be saying is that they will not be chasing you for the debt until they provide you with relevant documentation. By the fact that they were not able to provide any info within the period of time required could indicate that none can be found, full stop, ie. they cannot prove the debt.

Its all good for you up to now. Sit tight.......

Comment

Good morning Ruby, thank you for your help yet again, i'm sure you told me at some point you had this great universal debt, that was passed on to debt collectors, and they could not provide you with cca. i was very confused with this letter that come from arrow global, where this phoenix recoveries fit in? maybe this is who global arrow purchased the debt from??? i was lead to believe they purchased it from great universal. sorry to confuse you Ruby, you will have to flick back through my posts. thank you x

Comment

It sounds like at some point the account was passed onto Phoenix and then onto Arrow, very common with DCA's! As in earlier posts, the chances of GU producing a credit agreement are extremely slim. Arrow were chancing their luck with you hoping you are one of the more 'gullible' members of the public.

Comment

good morning Ruby, thanks for ine advice & info, but i'm sure when that first letter fell on the mat if i had not found this site and you and flamming parott to put me right i would be making payents to them and not questioning this at all. Thank you.

Comment

As Ruby said above, all they are saying is that they will be leaving you alone while they request the documents from the original creditor because Arrow are debt purchasers who buy debts in bulk without any paperwork or details, so there's nothing to worry about. They cannot enforce the debt while they are in default of your CCA request.

There is, of course one point where they are wrong, and that's where they deny being the creditor: Arrow are debt purchasers who BUY debts rather than debt collectors, if they bought the debt then they ARE the creditor. But as they are saying they will contact the creditor on your behalf, there's no need to do anything else at this stage.

Do post up if you get any response from them.

Comment

thank you for taking time to post, i'm very greatful to you both, thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X