• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shas V Marlin, Mortimer Clarke, Phoenix, Tom, Dick, Harry... ;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shas V Marlin, Mortimer Clarke, Phoenix, Tom, Dick, Harry...

Originally posted by shas View Post

(I dont know how to turn it into pdf?)
    Just ask on the techi bit of the forum, click the smiley for details....
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

or mail it over and I'll do it.

Most scanners allow saving into PDF format, but converting into PDF can be a bit tricker without the right software.

Comment

Originally posted by Happyolddog View Post
        Just ask on the techi bit of the forum, click the smiley for details....
        ok! hahahaha!
        :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

No, I havent sussed it.....courtesy of cb (thanks cb )....
          :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

I'll copy this here for others to ponder on..

So this is the HFC CO that they are attempting to collect on.
            It also appears that they are acting as an agent for Phoenix Recoveries, who
            are part of the Tessera group of "nice people".. http://www.tessera.co.uk/

So there needs to be assignment from HFC to Phoenix to marlins

I'm liking this game even more now..

Oh yeah what's that 1400 collection charge all about.
            I smell extremely good reason to have this set aside

Also Marlins are wittering on about interest accuring on this.
            Well there's NO interest on the statements of account from MC

Hmm I think someone is making things up..

Comment

& when I asked my dmc to have a look to see if my debt had been sold to phoenix... the guy mailed me back & said.........

As far I can tell the debt was never sold onto Phoenix. Or if it was we’ve never done any dealings with them.

The plot thickens.......

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                I'll copy this here for others to ponder on..

So this is the HFC CO that they are attempting to collect on.
                It also appears that they are acting as an agent for Phoenix Recoveries, who
                are part of the Tessera group of "nice people".. http://www.tessera.co.uk/

So there needs to be assignment from HFC to Phoenix to marlins

I'm liking this game even more now..

Oh yeah what's that 1400 collection charge all about.
                I smell extremely good reason to have this set aside

Also Marlins are wittering on about interest accuring on this.
                Well there's NO interest on the statements of account from MC

Hmm I think someone is making things up..
                I wish I smelt what you were smelling cb... I'll have to trust you on that one!

Telling me porkies is one thing, telling my dmc that they are charging interest on the account....that much, i'll never be able to pay it off & causing them (the dmc) to call me & apologise for not being able to manage this account for me is.... something else! The dmc believed them & offered me bankruptcy as a way out........ Outrageous! Surely there are rules for this kind of thing!

Comment

What I'm smelling is some one being "economical" with the truth especially concerning the sale of this judgemented debt.

Also, the original judgement does allow for interest, but only at the nominal 8% per annum rate

Comment

Oh I see.... I dont like the sound of interest but surely it should be charged by the company im indebted to & not their agent
                    Last edited by shas; 19th August 2009, 21:44:PM.

Comment

Well, see, these "agents" for want of a better word, try it on, add all sorts of spurious charges that they are not actually allowed to charge, then hope you won't notice and will cough up anyway. There has to be a paper trail on this, and if they can't produce it, they are stuffed.

Are they related to Bryan by any chance? They seem to employ the same dodgy tactics and disregard for the law.
                      Is no longer here

Comment

I've received Mortimer Clarkes response to my request to have copies of assignment documents sent to me.......

Shall I email them & you tell me what you think? (still cant do the pdf thing lol).............

Comment

Oh yes please.
                          This should be interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                            Oh yes please.
                            This should be interesting..
                            You should have it now... don't get toooooooo excited! Can you tell me what you think please?

oh, already wrote off for court docs.. letter went 18/08

Comment

ROFLMAO

Well looks like that's been knocked up quickly to answer your request.
                              It doesn't comply with the requirements of LoP s136 or even service under LoP s196.

Basically what this means in PIL.
                              The assignment should of been sent form HFC and signed by them informing you of the change of ownership. (s136) So HFC's letterheaded paper with an HFC officer's signature.
                              This should then of been sent via registered mail. (s196)

As I suspected Marlin are agents for Pheonix, so they CANNOT take any further action without Pheonix's permission, that assumes the assignment is valid, which I seriously doubt.

At any point in all of this did you receive a Goodbye letter from HFC and a Hello fro Phoenix ?? This is the notice of assignment..

Mind you this should all become apparent as and when HFC comply with your SAR.

Have a read of this thread for more info on assignment: Debt purchasing and assignment - Legal Beagles

Comment

Thanks CB.... with regards to the registered letter......... I havent had it to my knowledge & if I had, I would of sent it straight to my dmc...
                                My dmc has never had any dealings with phoenix nor is it aware of my debt being transferred to them..........

I can remember that Marlins replaced Restons on my stmt from the dmc! lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X