• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shas V Marlin, Mortimer Clarke, Phoenix, Tom, Dick, Harry... ;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shas V Marlin, Mortimer Clarke, Phoenix, Tom, Dick, Harry...

Oh yeah that would be nice.
    Ta much.

Have you SAR'd HFC as this should produce the required paperwork, or not..

Comment

I sar'd hfc 23/6/09 &
      I sar'd marlins 25/7/09

email will be sent in a mo...
      Last edited by shas; 11th August 2009, 10:07:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

You could send a non-compliance letter, that usually works.
        One can be found here.
        http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ght=compliance
        Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Thanks! To hfc you mean?
          Last edited by shas; 11th August 2009, 12:39:PM.
          :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

I think you should have the email now cb.....

Comment

Marlins were cca'd on 24 june 09 & they wrote back (15.7.09) saying that they were writing to hfc for the relevant documentation..........
              This is now extremely overdue.... should I write to them? Or does the charging order on my property make them invincible?....

Comment

Does anybody know if I should/can send marlins a default letter regarding not supplying the cca that I requested? .............

Comment

Yes you can, but leave out any 'so I wont pay anymore' bits from it.

You are basically collecting evidence to try and set aside the judgment, way after the event.

Have you also asked HFC and Marlins for breakdowns of the balance btw ? Should show up the discrepancies and charges. Also HFC are named on the charging order arent they - if the debts been assigned to Marlins it would have had to go through court as well to switch it to Marlins to allow them to add the interest and change where you are paying it to. From what you have already said Marlins have no right whatsoever over this debt and the entries on the credit file are illegal. So need to chase up the SARs to both. If nothing else should manage to get it sent back to HFC where it should be.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Yes you can, but leave out any 'so I wont pay anymore' bits from it. Thanks, I'll do that today

You are basically collecting evidence to try and set aside the judgment, way after the event.

Have you also asked HFC and Marlins for breakdowns of the balance btw ? Should show up the discrepancies and charges. Also HFC are named on the charging order arent they - if the debts been assigned to Marlins it would have had to go through court as well to switch it to Marlins to allow them to add the interest and change where you are paying it to. From what you have already said Marlins have no right whatsoever over this debt and the entries on the credit file are illegal. So need to chase up the SARs to both. If nothing else should manage to get it sent back to HFC where it should be.
                    I had a statement from Mortimer Clarke which didn't show anything.
                    I am waiting on replies to sar requests to hfc & marlins.
                    Marlins say that they're not going to stop making data entries on my credit file & I have not responded to that yet either as I am unsure of what exactly to say/do?.........I'm assuming the default letter lets them know they can't legally keep doing this...
                    & to my knowledge, the charging order I have is the only 1 there is....

Last edited by shas; 14th August 2009, 11:05:AM.

Comment

When Marlins took over the debt, if they did so properly which is doubtful, then the court would have been informed and told you so you could defend the move, to allow payments to be made to them instead and also the land registry log changed to reflect that marlins own the debt.

I think they have been assigned it 'in error' so HFC make a bit of instant dosh on it farming it off to Marlins. You didnt have an installment order alongside the Charge order fro court did you, it was simply an arrangement with HFC and paid via your DMP ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        When Marlins took over the debt, if they did so properly which is doubtful, then the court would have been informed and told you so you could defend the move, to allow payments to be made to them instead and also the land registry log changed to reflect that marlins own the debt.

I think they have been assigned it 'in error' so HFC make a bit of instant dosh on it farming it off to Marlins. You didnt have an installment order alongside the Charge order fro court did you, it was simply an arrangement with HFC and paid via your DMP ?
                        As far as I am aware, it was just what the dmp set up with hfc. I was told that the charging order was just a formality to allow the instalments (& to stop interest being charged)... it does say on the charging order that "such charging order not to be enforced providing the defendant pays £xx per month. (Is that the installment order?).....

Comment

I have done a bit of fishing about & if I want to get the court documents for this, I need to write to the court for them.. because of the time lapse... they have to get them out of storage. Im going to do that now as I dont know how long the process will take...

Comment

Your CO was 2007 wasn't it? BIL's CO was 2007 as well and he called Northampton court and asked them to post it out to him and they did, arrived 3 days later x
                            Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                            Me VS Abbey Win
                            BIL HSBC Credit Card
                            BIL EGG
                            BIL HSBC Loan
                            BIL PPI Win

Comment

Thanks Mocha, I've been waiting a week for documents from Bradford cc for another case... & the ones I have to write off for are in Leicesters basement.... what a palava! Think I'l go & chase Bradford up lol....

Comment

If they don't supply the cca nor a deed of assignment (or whatever its called) then they have no legal right over the debt and can't take any enforcement action. You need to know if the debt has formally passed (which should show in the court docs) to Marlins before you change anything as to who you are paying. The installment order from the court was to pay HFC and its HFC who have the charge on the house, not Marlins.

theres not a great deal to be done other than chase up the cca and the sars, you can't take it back into court until you have all the information as HFC could just show up in court with the cca.

don;'t change the payments on the DMP at all yet.

I guess you could, once you have court docs to be sure, write to Marlins and say they have no legal right over the debt nor to apply markers to the credit file, nor add interest/charges to the debt, change the payments back to HFC, and see what they do.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X