• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain Finance

Hi guys,
    I have found all the documents from Blemain finance from when i originally took out the loan. I'm surprised and somewhat embarrassed to find out that the loan was for £15000 but there is a £1000 arrangement fee ?? added to the total amount i borrowed and also theres a £720 admin/legal costs (which is due and payable upon completion of the loan. )

Total borrowed £16000.
    Protected Payment plan 0
    Rate of interest/month 12.07%
    APR 0.83%
    Number of repayments 300
    Monthly repayments £145.33

The agreement does say this loan is regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

The surprising thing is the financial advisor has signed as a witness. There is another box for a second witness which is unsigned. In another box by the signatures it says :
    Your rights
    Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the lender should have given you a copy of this agreement at least 7 days ago to allow time to consider whether to go ahead. If he did not, the agreement cannot be agreed without a court order.

I can categorically say that my 'advisor' did not do this. I distinctly remember him bringing all the forms over to our house and asked us to sign them just as a matter of formality. It was all over in about 10 minutes and then he was gone.
    The plot thickens though when i googled his name. It seems that 'Matt Booth' was up before crown court a couple of years ago. Stoke-on-Trent brokers jailed and fined £72,000 for mortgage fraud for fraudulating mortgage applications. It says that he had a habit of getting customers to sign forms that haven't been filled in, and then filling them in himself afterwards. I have a couple of signed, unfilled forms within this pack. Its the form that talks about his commission.
    I have sent my CCA s77 letter to Blemain by recorded delivery today.
    Kind regards
    FP

Comment

Hi FP

I think you should look into whether the broker got you this loan and a mortgage just to get two lots of commission.

As you said in an earlier post your wages wasn’t enough to get a mortgage for the amount you wanted, so how were your wages high enough to get a mortgage and a separate loan?

I think it may be time for you to get all the information blemain have on you, they will have to send you copies of all documents you signed when you applied for the loan, and you will also see how much is stated on them for your income.

Do some research on a subject access request.

wp

Comment

Thanks WP I'll look into subject access requests.

Comment

Ahh, i wondered what SAR stands for :P

Comment

Would this letter suffice?

Making a Subject Access Request letter

(Insert own address)
            (Insert date)

(Insert organisation address)

To the company secretary (if contact unknown),

Re: (insert name and current address)

I am writing to make a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998 for any personal information you hold about me (or include specific details about the information you require here).

(Insert any information you think the organisation will need to find your information and to confirm your identity. For example, your employer may need your payroll number, and a hospital may need your NHS number; other organisations may require a document bearing your signature for example your passport or your driving licence).

Please inform me, prior to processing this request, if you require a fee to be paid.

I will look forward to receiving this information within 40 days. If you have any queries or questions then please contact me on (insert phone number/email address).

Yours faithfully,

(Insert own name)

Comment

After reading about the broker you used, I think it might be prudent to check what the broker sent to blemain on your behalf, you may find the information blemain have is different to what you believe you signed for.

When you understand what a subject assess request is, then it is ok to use a template letter, but always be sure you know what you’re sending.

wp

Comment

Im sure it'll make some nice night time reading for me. I wonder if this bugger ripped me off?

Comment

FP the broker you mentioned is as dodgy as they come,

If you google the company name you will find he is now running a dodgy web site were he lists brokers,as he doesn’t have a licence he cant be a broker so he sets up a web site </B>that looks like a brokers web site, then passes your information on to other brokers who then pay him.

M B Mortgage Services (2895)</B>

wp
                  Last edited by welshperson; 7th January 2012, 23:35:PM.

Comment

WP, could you possibly link me to his website? Im struggling to find it.
                    Thanks

Comment

This guy is running this web site and it says this on his web site

M B Mortgage Services Mortgage Broker M B Mortgage Services The Old Church, Shelton New Road, Stoke-on-trent, Staffordshire ST4 6DP, United Kingdom M B Mortgage Services M,B,Mortgage,Services,The,Old,Church,Shelton,New,R oad,Stoke-on-trent,Staffordshire,ST4,6DP,United,Kingdom,Mortgag e,Broker mortgages, mortgage,services

Ant this is what is listed on the OFT public registry
                      Licence Number:</SPAN>0549200

Licence Status:Lapsed on 08/02/2009

Matthew Thomas Booth

Principal Place Of Business
                      The Old Church, Suite 1, Shelton New Road, Hartshill, Stoke On Trent, Staffs, ST4 6DP

http://mortgageservices.u121.com/cgi...re&oval=search

AND HERE IS oft licence check

http://www2.crw.gov.uk/pr/default.aspx

Naughty Naughty

WP
                      Last edited by welshperson; 8th January 2012, 00:00:AM.

Comment

Hmmm, that address is only down the road from me :P

Comment

Hi.
                          Ive just tracked my CCA s77 letter to Blemain, and looks like they have received it. I believe they have 12 days to respond. Would that be 12 days from now? (When they received the letter) or 12 days from Saturday?(When I sent the letter)
                          I believe my next step, when i receive my response is to add all of my charges up. Will they be clearly marked on my statement? What about all of the interest that has mounted up because of the charges? Can i claim that aswell? If so how do I work out how much is owed?
                          Finally, is there a template letter that i could edit asking for my charges back?
                          Kind regards
                          FP

P.s My SAR is going out to them tomorrow

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Hi Fp

Sorry I haven’t been about, but the answer your question about CCA S77 is 12 working days (Monday to Friday) from the time they receive it.

As for the charges they will be listed on your statement and yes you add them all up.

Yes you can claim the interest that has been added to your account because of the charges.

You can use an online calculator, that you put the date of the charge, amount of the charge and the interest rate of your loan in and it will calculate the interest they have charged you on each charge, I will go thro this with you when you get a list of charges.

I will see if I can find one and post a link to it, so you can play with it to see how it works.

As for a template letter for claiming back charges the internet is full of them and it would be a good idea for you to google some. Just so you understand why you can claim back the charges, but don’t post any of until you get some advice on them.

I have been very busy but helping someone get back at blemain is a priority of mine so I will always be keeping an eye on here even if I cant always answer strait away.
                              At the moment you are just wating on blemains response, in the meantime do some googiling about charges.

WP
                              Last edited by welshperson; 12th January 2012, 00:09:AM.

Comment

Thank you WP, i can feel a friendly relationship forming! :P

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X