• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain Finance

Originally posted by lindybee View Post
    Things are often boring when you're a Clever clogs! he he he!
    But for blonde, senile old bags like me any information is welcomed!:tung:
    L
    So here's an update: my the response to the offer I've had so far and where I'm at. As usual any and all feed-back welcome!
    I sent in a half page letter of complaint and received back 4 pages of a long winded reply, basically saying Blemain had done no wrong and I had agreed to everything, plus several other pages which were just copies of things I already had! (Note how polite and restrained I've been but that's just part of the agenda given to me by the solicitors)

Dear XXXXXXXX,
    Thank you for your response to my complaint and for explaining your understanding of the situation.
    I can confirm that the complaints link on the Blemain Finance web-site was active on previous occasions that I accessed the web-site, and is active again now, however at that time when I wished to access it, there was a notification/warning that Blemain had become aware that there was another company posing as themselves, and at that time I could find no customer service links, hence my use of a letter format.

I note that you point out that Blemain do not sell buildings insurance, however I have a letter from themselves sent out to me with a special insurance offer from “Reich Insurance” offering a discount valid until 31st Jan 2011 which would suggest to me that Blemain may be actively promoting this company. I welcome your response and also the role which Blemain play in this, plus any benefits which Blemain may gain.

You state that the cover provide by Blemain’s insurers is not to cover the cost of rebuilding the property nor its contents, but covers Blemain’s interest solely in the event that the property was destroyed. Clearly then, surely this is not buildings insurance but protection insurance for Blemain therefore should be named as such? In addition as Blemain already have a charge on my home, the loan is for a fraction of the actual value, plus there is almost 50% positive equity on the property, I still fail to see why the cost of this is so high, and challenge these costs.
    I note your comment that the price for this has recently been reduced due to Blemain finding an alternative more cost effective supplier, but that Blemain are unable to claw back any previously high costs. As insurance costs in general have risen considerably in recent years rather than falling, this to me suggests that in the past Blemain have not sought best value for money and in turn customers such as myself have been penalised through no fault of our own.

I remain very concerned that Blemain do not appear to have received the insurance documentation which was faxed directly to the number given on the letter re PROPERTY INSURANCE by my insurers.
    I am also unhappy about the confusing advice given to me during my telephone calls, plus that only letters sent by recorded delivery appear to initiate any direct response from Blemain. Hence my recent decision only to make contact in this format, rather than by phone or e-mail.
    Also as stated in my telephone call to XXXX at 5.30p.m. on 16/02/2011, I was unaware that a photocopy of the insurance renewal documentation was acceptable, as previously I had been told that it must be the original policy document, which only my 1st Mortgage lender and insurance company (both XXXXX) hold, I only had copies of the renewal reminders and confirmation letters of the renewals.
    It was only after speaking to XXXX and her confirmation that a copy would be acceptable that I understood that a copy of the annual renewal details were acceptable to Blemain. As Blemain hold second charge, each year I need to confirm on my annual renewal that this is again to be included.
    I have become aware since coming into contact with many other Blemain customers, that they too have had similar problems so may I respectfully suggest that it would be very helpful to both Blemain and their customers if this was made more clear in future?

I note that you have seen that I have raised concerns in the past, but not in 2010. This was entirely due to personal and family reasons (the death of my mother and my ill-health over several months) which obviously took precedence. I trust that you can be sensitive to this.

I took out the loan with Blemain to fund the costs of my mother’s care as I am an only child and live 250 miles away from where she lived, so was unable to personally give her the support and care she needed in the years before her death. The combination of her death and my reduced balance on my first mortgage, now means I am in a position to fully redeem my loan with Blemain. My bank and mortgage lender (XXXXX) have recently instructed their solicitors to deal directly with Blemain in doing so and I have received confirmation that this is now in progress.
    Speaking personally and totally frankly, this day can never come soon enough, as from the out-set I have found Blemain to be the most confusing and frustrating company that I have ever encountered to date, and I am aware that I am by no means alone in this view.

I am currently awaiting a response to the SDAR request which I made after taking advice from my financial advisor. The dead-line for this to be received by me is in the next few days.
    I note your offer of refunded charges which does go some way towards addressing my complaint. However before making a final decision I have been advised to wait until I receive the SDAR documents before making a final decision.
    I trust that this will not in any way negate your current refund offer, and also please be aware that as the loan redemption is already underway, any subsequent refund should not be made directly to my account with Blemain but sent to me directly either as a cheque or credit to my bank account.
    I note that no dead-line date was attached to the offer made.

Comment

Just a quick up-date. The dead-line for Blemain's response to my SDAR request has expired with no response, also no response to my reply (above) to their response to my complaint.
      No surprises there then eh? :tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

To all Blemain customers who are trying to discover what commission was paid on their agreements........I found out just yesterday (aout a "certain other subprime lender") that these lenders pay at least 2 commissions.
        The First is what a lot of them call "on the inside" a day one commission

This commission is paid on the day of the loan is completed or the very next day.

The Second payment of commission is paid approximately 1 month after the loan has started I assume that this is after the borrower has made the first payment on their loan.

This is called (again on the inside) an "Over ride commission" I would write to Blemai and ask them about these two commissions that you will more likely than not have paid and ask them how much they paid your broker

Should cause them a little problem .......them finding out you know about this.

Even if your broker has gone bust ......you can still trace this commission ..........I can assure you it is hard work and takes a lot of time.

But find the receivers financial statement of affairs of bthe broker in question.............that is where the record of all fees received by the broker are shown....AND all the commissions received from the various lenders.................look and find where the record of your commission is.

Sparkie
        Last edited by Sparkie1723; 2nd July 2011, 12:16:PM.

Comment

Hi,just found the site after doing a search on Blemain Finance complaints and thought i,d post a reply :i,ve had an ongoing complaint/s against Blemain for the last few years which i though had been resolved when they admitted they had failed to respond to me and deducted £600 from my account although this has proved pointless .For anyone wanting to make a complaint they should make it in writing to a Mr.Simon Ashcroft at Blemain Finance,Bracken House,Charles Street Manchester -Mr. Ashcroft is their complaints manager or a Ms Carradice .I stupidly took a loan out with them for £5000 in 2004 and due to their unrealistic interest and charges am paying back nearly £11,000 most of which is unfair and wrong £35 charges for telephone calls they claim to have made despite my writing to them many times informing them i have NO phone and reminder letters despite my trying to contact them only to be told they are too busy to reply to my letters individually and they don,t have enough staff to do so:tinysmile_hmm_t2:. I was meant to be on their payment plan but they keep taking me off it (paying them £50 a month) saying i haven,t complied yet i have filled out income & expenditure forms every month ( I had to request the forms) and they were caught out with lies they told about my estate agent as i have my house up for sale and unfortunately no buyers despite it being on the market over a year and my reducing the price considerably.
          Their staff accused me of lying about my poor health and being in hospital and i even had to send them my hospital records/letters and appointments,etc. They lie constantly and i,ve had an ongoing complaint about them with the Financial Ombudsman but it is making no difference to their constant lies and harrassment :i also have a debt management team from my local authority acting for me but they still harrass me and again lied about my apparantley telling my estate not to discuss the sale of my property with them? I am still waiting for the Financial Ombudsman to reply to my last letter of 5 weeks ago so hopefully he will reply soon : one of their staff members a Mr Nathan Burgess who is the one who told me to contact them ,does not even speak to clients ? according to a staff member i spoke with and in his second letter he abruptly says it is not necesary for me to speak with him direct as his staff are apparantley trained to do so: NO your staff tell constantly lies and have already been caught doing so! For anyone considering a loan PLEASE avoid Blemain Finance.They are just lying cowboys who harrass and inflict a great deal of stress on clients ,make false accusations, even when they know they are in the wrong.When i hear back from the Financial Ombudsman i,ll add his findings to my post.

Comment

Welcome aboard Mandy and the best of luck with your battle with these cretins.
            G

Comment

Hi Mandy,
              Yoir loan would be regulated by the CCA and come under the remit of the OFT

Make a comlaint to the OFT and get them investigating Blemain in the same way we got them onto Swift Advances Plc case.....the more complaints they receive will prompt them into the same action as they have taken against Swift Advances plc.

Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy46 View Post
                Hi,just found the site after doing a search on Blemain Finance complaints and thought i,d post a reply :i,ve had an ongoing complaint/s against Blemain for the last few years which i though had been resolved when they admitted they had failed to respond to me and deducted £600 from my account although this has proved pointless .For anyone wanting to make a complaint they should make it in writing to a Mr.Simon Ashcroft at Blemain Finance,Bracken House,Charles Street Manchester -Mr. Ashcroft is their complaints manager or a Ms Carradice .I stupidly took a loan out with them for £5000 in 2004 and due to their unrealistic interest and charges am paying back nearly £11,000 most of which is unfair and wrong £35 charges for telephone calls they claim to have made despite my writing to them many times informing them i have NO phone and reminder letters despite my trying to contact them only to be told they are too busy to reply to my letters individually and they don,t have enough staff to do so:tinysmile_hmm_t2:. I was meant to be on their payment plan but they keep taking me off it (paying them £50 a month) saying i haven,t complied yet i have filled out income & expenditure forms every month ( I had to request the forms) and they were caught out with lies they told about my estate agent as i have my house up for sale and unfortunately no buyers despite it being on the market over a year and my reducing the price considerably.
                Their staff accused me of lying about my poor health and being in hospital and i even had to send them my hospital records/letters and appointments,etc. They lie constantly and i,ve had an ongoing complaint about them with the Financial Ombudsman but it is making no difference to their constant lies and harrassment :i also have a debt management team from my local authority acting for me but they still harrass me and again lied about my apparantley telling my estate not to discuss the sale of my property with them? I am still waiting for the Financial Ombudsman to reply to my last letter of 5 weeks ago so hopefully he will reply soon : one of their staff members a Mr Nathan Burgess who is the one who told me to contact them ,does not even speak to clients ? according to a staff member i spoke with and in his second letter he abruptly says it is not necesary for me to speak with him direct as his staff are apparantley trained to do so: NO your staff tell constantly lies and have already been caught doing so! For anyone considering a loan PLEASE avoid Blemain Finance.They are just lying cowboys who harrass and inflict a great deal of stress on clients ,make false accusations, even when they know they are in the wrong.When i hear back from the Financial Ombudsman i,ll add his findings to my post.
                Hi Mandy,
                Yes, welcome aboard!
                Ah Simon, that'll be the same Simon who posted on here a month or so back so probably prefers spending his time looking at what we have to say, rather than taking any real or effective action.
                I also have a list of instances when Blemain staff have told me very different things in response to my numerous queries, so maybe a training session needs to be held for them by Nathan!
                Good luck with it all, and yes do keep us up-dated.

Comment

Just a quick up-date. The dead-line for Blemain's response to my SDAR request has expired with no response, also no response to my reply (above) to their response to my complaint.
                  No surprises there then eh? :tinysmile_aha_t:
                  No reply yet to my response
                  but I have finally received my SDAR.
                  I'm wondering what I paid the money for lol! All it consists of is:
                  Application form from Broker
                  Signed loan agreement
                  Statement of account from inception
                  My declaration of income and affordabiity/payslips
                  Direct debit mandate
                  Confirmation of names
                  Data protection form
                  Occupiers consent form (my son)
                  Blemain letters sent to me.

I already have all of them and was expecting more?
                  Is this all I should get?

At the bottom they have said "In connection with your points on commission, we will not be providing this information as it is our view that this information does not constitute "personal data" within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998 and therefore you are not entitled to seek disclosure of this under the Subject Access Request. In response to your request for a settlement quotation, I am unable to provide tou with this as this account is still live and we have not yet received a request for settlement."

Comments welcome!
                  My SDAR was very specific, requesting all information, including all electronically held info, recorded phone calls, etc etc.

Comment

Hi Lindy,
                    I think you will find if you SAR the broker rather than Blemain they will be obliged to send you details of the commission received.
                    Kind regards
                    G

Comment

Originally posted by gallahad View Post
                      Hi Lindy,
                      I think you will find if you SAR the broker rather than Blemain they will be obliged to send you details of the commission received.
                      Kind regards
                      G
                      Thanks G
                      This is already being done, as I've been advised that my loan was mis-sold. I was only offered one option from the broker, i.e.the loan with Blemain over 240months. At the time I took it out I was 59, therefore I would be 79 when it was paid off, and they made no queries about any ability to pay once I retired.
                      Interestingly enough, now that my first mortgage is drastically reduced my original mortgage company are now happy to re-mortgage and allow me to pay off the Blemain loan, but the underwriters from them have been very stringent in assessing my ability to pay. It really has highlighted what I now consider to be a very lax approach in Blemain offering me the loan in the first place.
                      Going back to my SDAR I would have expected them to also have included any letters and insurance documentation which I had sent to them and in fact this was what I was most interested in as often they have claimed not to have received them. However even those which they have received by recorded delivery and replied to were not included. It's hardly surprising that customers receive conflicting responses when phoning, as I presume the telephone answerers only have access to informtion saved on customer files, which if incomplete does not allow them to give the correct advice or response.
                      I'm just looking at Yorkie Dave's post on the Swift thread and Sparkies replies, I'm going to go back to my agreement because I'm certain the additional charges on my loan were added to the opening balance and therefore attracted interest. I was never given an option to pay these charges up-front to avoid the interest.
                      Last edited by lindybee; 21st July 2011, 16:11:PM. Reason: accidentally clicked on post before I finished

Comment

Thats great news Lindy it looks like you are making some real progress.
                        Could you please give me the link to the swift thread you are talking about.
                        Regards
                        gallahad

Comment

No reply yet to my response
                          but I have finally received my SDAR.
                          I'm wondering what I paid the money for lol! All it consists of is:
                          Application form from Broker
                          Signed loan agreement
                          Statement of account from inception
                          My declaration of income and affordabiity/payslips
                          Direct debit mandate
                          Confirmation of names
                          Data protection form
                          Occupiers consent form (my son)
                          Blemain letters sent to me.

I already have all of them and was expecting more?
                          Is this all I should get?

At the bottom they have said "In connection with your points on commission, we will not be providing this information as it is our view that this information does not constitute "personal data" within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998 and therefore you are not entitled to seek disclosure of this under the Subject Access Request. In response to your request for a settlement quotation, I am unable to provide tou with this as this account is still live and we have not yet received a request for settlement."

Comments welcome!
                          My SDAR was very specific, requesting all information, including all electronically held info, recorded phone calls, etc etc.
                          Hi lindybee,

Check out the Swift thread request va copy of the underwriting sheet appertaining to your loan ....this is where the commission is shown ....copy what the ICO said in the letter I posted...the ICO say that the underwring sheet does form part of the data that falls under the DPA...... when you get it post it up because I have a copy of a Blemain underwriting sheet showing where the commission is shown how much etc etc

Sparkie
                          Remember everyone I have no legal training and my views are not to taken as legal advice.........I am a dumb 74 year old senile auto spark

Comment

Originally posted by gallahad View Post
                            Thats great news Lindy it looks like you are making some real progress.
                            Could you please give me the link to the swift thread you are talking about.
                            Regards
                            gallahad
                            thanks G!!
                            here you go

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t=29129&page=8
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                            Hi lindybee,

Check out the Swift thread request va copy of the underwriting sheet appertaining to your loan ....this is where the commission is shown ....copy what the ICO said in the letter I posted...the ICO say that the underwring sheet does form part of the data that falls under the DPA...... when you get it post it up because I have a copy of a Blemain underwriting sheet showing where the commission is shown how much etc etc

Sparkie
                            Remember everyone I have no legal training and my views are not to taken as legal advice.........I am a dumb 74 year old senile auto spark
                            Thanks Sparkie
                            Should I send that to Blemain or to the broker? I'm not sure which one does the underwriting.
                            Last edited by lindybee; 21st July 2011, 16:31:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

thanks G!!
                              here you go

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t=29129&page=8
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Thanks Sparkie
                              Should I send that to Blemain or to the broker? I'm not sure which one does the underwriting.

HI lindybee

send your request to Blemain its they who hold the proper underwriting sheet ...its from that they calculate if they will consent to the loan, and contains a lot of info about you.

Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by killerschick View Post

I'm looking into the point about the circumstances of when a lender is required to supply statements of account and what those statements must contain.

KC
                                Hi KS,

Have you looked in to this yet? very good post.

TT

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X