• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain Finance

I wish that I had never heard of Blemain Finance. I was mis sold ppi early in 2000 and was under the impression that my claim could go back 12 years as it was for a second charge mortgage. Unfortunately I had lost the original paper work but nevertheless had all the relevent details.
    They simply sent me a reply saying they couldnt help as the account was closed. How could they dispute anything I said if they dont keep records. Obviously this is a cop out as it was sent by return of post.

Comment

I suggest that you make a Subject Data Access Request to Blemain ASAP, they have to keep records for a minimum of 6 years

Sparkie

Comment

LOOK what Sparkies found for Blemain customers.

It looks like Blemain are under a similar investigation by the OFt as Swift......this is how they started with Swift....when they applied for renewal

They have not renewed their CCA licence........

Licence/ Number 0032328
        ApplicationLicence Status Current...............OPEN
        Applicant/Holder Name Blemain Finance Limited

Event Details:

RoleNameActionLICENSEE Blemain Finance Limited Pending
        Officer Adrian Joseph Grant Pending
        Officer Gary Bailey Pending
        Officer Gary Derek Beckett Pending
        Officer Henry Neville Moser Pending
        Officer Marc Richard Goldberg Pending
        Officer Stephen Paul Baker Pending
        Officer Tracey Bailey Pending

I wonder if this is the same Tracey Bailey who works/worked for Swift???..........or is this a coincidence maybe?????

Sparkie

Last edited by Sparkie1723; 25th October 2011, 11:51:AM.

Comment

Peeks head in! Hello all, hope you had a good Christmas. I have good news and bad news! The good news is that my bank's solicitors successfully redeemed my loan held with Blemain, after allowing me to re-mortgage over a much shorter term plus I'm now quids in every month.....a huge weight off my mind! The bad news is that I've heard ziltch from Blemain. Athough I have all the paper-work from the solicitors, I've had not even a note from Blemain. My attention is now turned to DFD Mortgages who arranged the loan for me with Blemain, and I belive this was mis-sold. I've had trouble tracking them down as they seem to move premises a lot! Sparkie may be interested in this link?

https://secure.creditgate.com/search...&CompanyType=L
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
          LOOK what Sparkies found for Blemain customers.

It looks like Blemain are under a similar investigation by the OFt as Swift......this is how they started with Swift....when they applied for renewal

They have not renewed their CCA licence........

Licence/ Number 0032328
          ApplicationLicence Status Current...............OPEN
          Applicant/Holder Name Blemain Finance Limited

Event Details:

RoleNameActionLICENSEE Blemain Finance Limited Pending
          Officer Adrian Joseph Grant Pending
          Officer Gary Bailey Pending
          Officer Gary Derek Beckett Pending
          Officer Henry Neville Moser Pending
          Officer Marc Richard Goldberg Pending
          Officer Stephen Paul Baker Pending
          Officer Tracey Bailey Pending

I wonder if this is the same Tracey Bailey who works/worked for Swift???..........or is this a coincidence maybe?????

Sparkie

I had heard that investigations were "pending". I imagine that the impending CCA licence renewal probably also was the prompt for them to begin sending out annual statements and updating their web-site with required consumer information. Maybe they left it a bit late? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
          Last edited by lindybee; 27th December 2011, 14:39:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by TINKEY2 View Post
            Hi KS,

Have you looked in to this yet? very good post.

TT
            Can I jump in on this?
            I think this has already been clarified elsewhere?
            As a bare minimum:
            They must send out an annual statement
            This should list:
            The date the loan was taken out
            The APR and term (no. of years/months) of the loan
            any variation to the initial APR
            any details of charges added
            the opening balance c/o from the last statement
            the final balance remaining at that date
            the monthly payment required
            details of any charges which may be applied if payments are not made.

Thats how I see it and have been advised anyways.
            Hope this helps?

Comment

Hi lindybee

Is this who you are looking for

DFD MORTGAGES LIMITED</SPAN>

Company Information

Registration Date: 24/02/2005
              Registration Number: 05375343
              Type: Private Limited with share capital

Accounts filed on: 30/09/2011
              For period to: 31/12/2010
              Category: Full

Registered Address

EVERSHEDS HOUSE,
              70 GREAT BRIDGEWATER STREET
              MANCHESTER
              M1 5ES

Activities

SIC classification code: 6713
              SIC classification: AUXILIARY FINANCIAL INTERMEDIATION

Current Directors

Mr Christopher Moat
              Mr John Anthony Gittins

Website

http://www.fairpoint.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by welshperson View Post
                Hi lindybee

Is this who you are looking for

DFD MORTGAGES LIMITED</SPAN>

Company Information

Registration Date: 24/02/2005
                Registration Number: 05375343
                Type: Private Limited with share capital
                Accounts filed on: 30/09/2011
                For period to: 31/12/2010
                Category: Full
                Registered Address

EVERSHEDS HOUSE,
                70 GREAT BRIDGEWATER STREET
                MANCHESTER
                M1 5ES

Activities

SIC classification code: 6713
                SIC classification: AUXILIARY FINANCIAL INTERMEDIATION

Current Directors

Mr Christopher Moat
                Mr John Anthony Gittins

Website

http://www.fairpoint.co.uk
                yes thanks, that's the company. They aso show being at Cloth Hall Court. Infirmary St, Leeds but everything they sent me has come from an office in Preston! According to creditgate, there was a new director after Christopher Moat, AndrewJames Heath but he also seems to have been replaced or changed in November 2011??

Company Name:DFD MORTGAGES LIMITED

Company Type:
                Limited Company
                Company No:
                Company Address:
                DFD MORTGAGES LIMITED
                Cloth Hall Court
                Infirmary Street
                LEEDS
                LS1 2JB
                Last edited by lindybee; 27th December 2011, 19:12:PM. Reason: duplicated pasting from web site

Comment

Originally posted by lindybee View Post
                  yes thanks, that's the company. They aso show being at Cloth Hall Court. Infirmary St, Leeds but everything they sent me has come from an office in Preston! According to creditgate, there was a new director after Christopher Moat, AndrewJames Heath but he also seems to have been replaced or changed in November 2011??

Company Name:DFD MORTGAGES LIMITED

Company Type:
                  Limited Company
                  Company No:
                  Company Address:
                  DFD MORTGAGES LIMITED
                  Cloth Hall Court
                  Infirmary Street
                  LEEDS
                  LS1 2JB
                  Tried to post the info from thecreditgate web-site but can't

https://secure.creditgate.com/search...&CompanyType=L
                  Last edited by lindybee; 27th December 2011, 19:28:PM. Reason: can't work out how to post the info from the web-site link

Comment

Hi lindybee

Go after the ultimate parent company of dfd mortgages for the information you want, as DFD are showing no employees.

Parent is FAIRPOINT GROUP PLC</SPAN>

Comment

99 times out of a 100 if the company shows no emloyees it is a holding company that does nothing at all ( exept fiddle the books)

Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by welshperson View Post
                        Hi lindybee

Go after the ultimate parent company of dfd mortgages for the information you want, as DFD are showing no employees.

Parent is FAIRPOINT GROUP PLC</SPAN>
                        and fairpoint group include Clearstart and if I'm correct....Blemain?...and probably many others.Maybe the Directors play musical chairs?
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                        99 times out of a 100 if the company shows no emloyees it is a holding company that does nothing at all ( exept fiddle the books)

Sparkie
                        Do you know when Blemain's CCA came up for renewal?.....just a thought?
                        Last edited by lindybee; 27th December 2011, 21:23:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Parent is FAIRPOINT GROUP PLC

Current Directors

Mr Perry Rael Blacher
                          Mr Derek John Oakley
                          Mr Christopher Moat
                          Mr Matthew Roy Peacock
                          Mr Simon George Gilbert
                          Mr John Anthony Gittins
                          Mr John Stephen Allkins

Previous Directors

Mr Andrew James Heath

Can’t find no link to blemain

Comment

Happy New Year Lindybee, that's great news. I was in Manchester in April, realised I was in the street where Blemain lurk, and stood outside sending them evil vibes!!! Just wanted to say stick with it, now that you are basically out of their grasp..... keep asking the questions and keep sending stuff registered/recorded. All best wishes, MG

Comment

Hi all,
                              Blimey time flies! I began reading this thread when Coronation Street was on, and its taken until now to get to the end! Could i please say how friendly and helpful you all seem? And good luck with your various correspondence to Blemain.
                              I would like to tell you my story, I'm guessing you won't be shocked that its about the dreaded 'Bleman Finance' It all started in 2004 when me and my 'wife to be' decided to leave our first home to move to a larger 3 bedroomed house because we were expecting our second baby. We managed to sell our house for a tidy profit (remember when you could do that?) Which enabled us afford the one we're in now, We spoke to an 'independent' Financial advisor who managed to find us a mortgage, but not for the amount we wanted. We wanted more, and unfortunatley the mortgage lender wouldn't allow this because we wern't earning enough. Our 'independent' mortgage advisor told us not to worry, saying he would 'sort' it.

To cut a long story short we managed to get the mortgage with the halifax, but the extra £16000 we needed for house improvements was a different loan with Blemain Finance.

Everything seemed to be going ok for a year or so until Blemain took 2 months payment out of my account and left me and my family with hardly any money left over for the month. Ok it was my fault I'd missed a payment the month prior, as by this time my daughter had arrived into the world and we were struggling. I couldn't believe they had the authority just to 'take' money out of my account. I called them and asked for the money back and found the person on the other end very rude, and was told that i will not get my money back. After some advice I canceled the direct debit, and set up a standing order to come out of the account at exactly the same time as the DD came out. After i did that, it seemed like the account spiralled out of control, id be getting letters after letter, phone call after phone call telling me that my account was in arrears and i needed to settle the amount. But I knew I hadn't missed a payment. I tried to call and get them to explain to me which payment i had missed, and somehow they managed to baffle me every time. By this time (I can look back on it now) our finances were spinning out of control, I had a number of credit cards, and i was passing over debts doing all sorts of stupid things just to give my family some nice things in life.
                              Then, I can't remember anything else, I even struggle to remember my kids at a younger age, because i had fell into depression, that deep dark hole that no-one knows about unless they've been there before.
                              A couple of years later, and after a fair bit of turmoil, and numerous calls to the CCCS (who are fantastic by the way!) Im glad to say I'm over that stage of my life and now feel ready to tackle these cowboys!
                              Yesterday i received a letter telling me that my account was in arrears by £66. I thought this was strange as i am already overpaying every month to clear off the £360 'arrears' Blemain said i have. It turns out that the £66 was all I had left to pay on my arrears. Which was fine. But on the letter was a statement for the last 6 months, which is the first statement i think i have seen from my account! I couldn't believe what it said, I was making a payment of £175/m and in there was the overpayment of £30 on the 15th of each month, but on the 29th of each month an interest charge of £145 was going back onto the balance, meaning i was only paying off £30/m off the loan total, which stood at £16506. Baring in mind I have been paying at least £145/m for the last 7 years I owe £506 more than what I borrowed!! I asked the lady from Blemain customer services (who was very nice i might add) if the interest on the account looked right and she told me it doesn't, and i should be seeking some advice. She said she is going to send me a statement from when the loan started, so i can go through it.
                              Im sorry to blab on, but i think this has been building up for a while!
                              What would you do in this situation? Does my situation sound right to you? Im already on a Debt management plan with the CCCS but they can't touch this loan as its secured as a second mortgage on the property. I believe this is the leverage Blemain Finance have for bullying me and charging me unfair rates of interest, and unfair charges.

Thanks for reading
                              Funky. x

P.s If you've got through that lot, and understood me, you deserve a medal!!
                              Last edited by funkyphantom; 6th January 2012, 00:17:AM.

Comment

hi ff

welcom to the blemain fan club

time for my bed now but i will post on here tomorow evening, explaining how to deal with your problem (blemain) its easy,only costs you the price of a couple of first class stamps,and financialy risk free to you,

wp

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X