• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain Finance

& this is from the ICO register

Registration Number: Z469042X
    Date Registered: 27 April 2000 Registration Expires: 26 April 2012

Data Controller: BLEMAIN FINANCE LIMITED

Address:
    6TH FLOOR
    BRACKEN HOUSE
    CHARLES STREET
    MANCHESTER
    M1 7BD

Address the letter "For the urgent attention of the Data Controller"
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks Charity, I'll get onto that tonight.
      Regards
      FP

Comment

Hello all, this is in response to some advice given by Welshperson.

4 - send a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service then the FOS deal with blemain on your behalf.

Just a question; I thought Blemain weren't answerable to the FOS? I've redeemed my loan but thought it was hopeless to try and get the charges back? If you or anyone has had success with Blemain charges and the FOS would love to hear.
        Kind regards, MG

Comment

Hi MG,
          WP, has managed to get charges back from Blemain.
          regards
          fp

Comment

I’m very busy at the moment but check this out

blemain are regulated by the FSA

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/answers/complaints_a2.html

frequently-asked questions

This section answers a number of frequently-asked questions (FAQs) about:
            complaining to the ombudsman

complaints we cover

how can I find out:
            – what types of financial complaints the ombudsman service covers; and
            – if my complaint is one you can help with?

We can help with complaints about most financial problems involving products and services provided in (or from) the UK. The areas we cover include:
            • banking
            • insurance
            • mortgages
            • credit cards and store cards
            • loans and credit
            • pensions
            • savings and investments
            • hire purchase and pawnbroking
            • money transfer
            • financial advice
            • stocks, shares, unit trusts and bonds.
            If you're not sure if your complaint is one we can help with, just ask us.
            The financial businesses we cover include:
            • around 30,000 businesses regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) for their retail financial-services activities (you can check whether a business is regulated by the FSA on the FSA's online register);
            • around 80,000 businesses who have a standard consumer-credit licence issued by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) for their consumer-credit activities (you can check whether a business has a consumer credit licence by searching the OFT's Consumer Credit Register);
            • some financial services businesses that were regulated in the past and may not now appear on the FSA's firm-check service;
            • some businesses that are based outside the UK and aren't regulated by the FSA; and
            • some businesses that provide financial services and products that are "branded" under other companies' names.
            Whether we can help with your own particular complaint will depend on:
            • whether the business you are complaining about is one that we cover;
            • what the complaint is about (there are some restrictions on the types of dispute we can look at);
            • when the event you are complaining about took place (time limits apply if you leave it too late to complain); and
            • your relationship with the business you are complaining about (for example, we do not always deal with disputes between businesses, or where you are not an actual customer).
            The legislation and rules that set out officially what complaints we can and cannot look at (our "jurisdiction") are very complex.
            And because some complaints go back a long way, we may need to take account of rules that applied to former complaints schemes that no longer exist.
            Our rules say that if a business we cover is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, it must tell you about your right to refer the dispute to us.
            If you're not sure if your complaint is one we can help with, just ask us.

wp

Comment

Im currently having a nightmare with these people and could really do with some advice ,
              i,ve had a summons to court for a repossession order , after falling behind with the repayments on the secured loan on my wifes house , i say wifes house as its her house and the first morgage is hers .
              we telephoned them last week and they have asked for incoming and outgoings and said that they would get there solicitor to ask for a Suspended Possession Order when we appear at court , but summons states if for full possession can these people be held to word , also help on where to go for advice on this matter would be much appreciated
              thank RUFFASS
              NEWBIE:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Hi all

Wow this thread has grown!

I have a couple of questions . I have just received an early settlement figure from BF and well I am am gutted!

In my agreement it says that the borrower has the right to repay early. The mount payable per £100 of the amount of credit if the borrower chooses to repay early is: after 72mths £42.19. It also adds these amounts are just illustrative!

This is a loan taken out over 8yrs. I have 20mts remaining and yet on a balance of just over 5.5k they have only given me a £600 rebate. So is this worked out on the balance remaining or the whole amount borrowed?

They have also added over £1300 in costs and charges and over £1700 in additional interest!

There is also a charge for buildings insurance which is bang out of order as I sent copy of insurance last july as I always do.

I asked solicitor to challenge this but he said no do it yourself as it's more than conveyancing he isn't interested. what is the best way to tackle this please?

Comment

Hi, JR, firstly what are they saying the added costs are for, have you been in arrears at all. Is the £1700 interest above what you have contracted to pay? As to the insurance charge write a recorded delivery letter to them stating that you had supplied a copy of the insurance certificate, hopefully you sent that recorded delivery or at least got a postal receipt. Demand that they refund and tell them should they fail to do so you will report them to the OFT. Did they charge you for providing a settlement figure?
                  G

Comment

Hi

The letter just says Added costs and charges , but yes I have had problems with payments over the years.
                    The £1700 just says additional interest so I assume this may be on the charges.
                    Any idea about the rebate?

Comment

This was a loan for £13500 over 8 years and it just grieves me that with only 20 mths to go they still want over 8ki as settlement.

Comment

They are notoriously bad on their settlement offers as they make more money by keeping you in arrears. I think first you need to clarify what the charges are for and how they have calculated the interest. A detailed statement showing all debits and credits would be useful and £10 invested in a SAR may prove worthwhile.
                        G

Comment

Thanks.
                          i did do a sar a couple of years ago but got very little back. I will do a letter asking for a full breakdown of charges and interest though.

Comment

Hi Grimbell, long time no see hun.

If they are anything like our Mortgage Company they wont supply a list of charges without payment for the same.

Do you happen to know if there was PPI included in the monthly figure you are being charged? if this was and was mis-sold this can also be reclaimed back.

xx

Comment

Hi Tutsi how's you?
                              well I dug out all my paperwork on bf and was surprised at what I have got there was no poi that's definite.

Will send a letter asking for a breakdown of everything in the redemption letter.

Comment

How do I start a new post?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X