• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I WON!!!! Served with a statuory demand by BW Legal/Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HELP!!! I've just been served with a statuory demand by bwlegal/Lowell

Its a very good point and I had not considered that the court papers count as acknowledge the debt. I was going on payment history.

As I am disputing the enforceability of the debt would this knowledgement be over ruled if the debt is shown to be unenforceable? I guess if its unenforceable then statue barred element doesn't come into play anyhow?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybrain
      Its a very good point and I had not considered that the court papers count as acknowledge the debt. I was going on payment history.

As I am disputing the enforceability of the debt would this knowledgement be over ruled if the debt is shown to be unenforceable? I guess if its unenforceable then statue barred element doesn't come into play anyhow?
      Only a judge can say for certain that a debt is unenforceable. Should you be taken to court, you (and your legal team if relevant) would have to convince a judge that the debt is, in fact, unenforceable. However, Statute Barred is an absolute defence, regardless of the paperwork available, that is, even if there was a properly executed agreement, a kosher DN and proper assignment, it would still be SBd after 6 years without payment or acknowledgment.

I can't wait for my unenforceable debts to go SBD! 3 years and counting… :clock:

Comment

Fuzzy
        A debt being unenforceable doesn't mean that it goes away, just that the owner cannot sue to recover it through the courts. They can still take other action to recover it.

Its if it becomes SB that they have no right to take any action at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka
          Fuzzy
          A debt being unenforceable doesn't mean that it goes away, just that the owner cannot sue to recover it through the courts. They can still take other action to recover it.

Its if it becomes SB that they have no right to take any action at all.
          Actually, they can still sue you in both cases, smith is being sued for a SBd debt: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...305#post328305

SBd is an absolute defence, while unenforceability is open to interpretation by a judge. Creditors can start proceedings because that doesn't constitute enforcement. I suspect many people out there get CCJs for unenforceable or even SBd debts because they are not familiar with the relevant legislation, they either get default judgment or admit the debt because they remember having the card or loan and don't know any better.

Comment

FP can you post me a link to that graph of Lowell SD's please?
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine
              FP can you post me a link to that graph of Lowell SD's please?
              Here it is, but it refers to actual bankruptcies rather than SDs issued.

Comment

This does not make any sense that they would go for bankruptcy over coming to an arrangement with the creditor to repay the debt. However, I notice that 2012 is not as productive as 2011 in bankruptcies so guess more people are fighting back and they are not coming up with the crudentials necessary for going the whole hog.

Originally posted by FlamingParrot
                Here it is, but it refers to actual bankruptcies rather than SDs issued.

Comment

Actually, they can still sue you in both cases, smith is being sued for a SBd debt: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...305#post328305

SBd is an absolute defence, while unenforceability is open to interpretation by a judge. Creditors can start proceedings because that doesn't constitute enforcement. I suspect many people out there get CCJs for unenforceable or even SBd debts because they are not familiar with the relevant legislation, they either get default judgment or admit the debt because they remember having the card or loan and don't know any better.
                  Unless you are in Scotland, where after 5 years a debt becomes S/B and it is absolute. Once S/B in Scotland the debt is dead. No recourse.

Comment

The main part of the defence at the hearing is that the debt is not enforceable.

I think that the costs Watson's will charge Lowells are getting very close to the amount of the actual debt itself (especially if they decide to go ahead with the hearing as Tom's fees for attending are going to increase the costs dramatically).

After Tom hits them all the evidence of why the debt is not enforceable at the Hearing I think it would be suicide on their part to risk taking it back to court.

If they do try the CCJ route there is so much evidence gathered from the Stat Demand set aside which will prove that its an unenforceable debt that defending against a CCJ should help in getting a CCJ application kicked to the curb.

Hopefully the judge may confirm in their ruling that the debt is not enforceable which would nail the coffin shut.

Comment

coffin will ony be shut at this time it could re opened if they locate an enforceable agreement with all trimmings etc the debt will still be there and will be still on credit file if you win case but just not enforceable .....

Comment

Originally posted by gaz2006
                        coffin will ony be shut at this time it could re opened if they locate an enforceable agreement with all trimmings etc the debt will still be there and will be still on credit file if you win case but just not enforceable .....
                        Until six years have elapsed with neither acknowledgement nor payment...

It's a pity that Low-life cannot be required to pay a few thousands in compensation for egregious abuse of process.

Comment

Originally posted by gaz2006
                          If there was such an agreement they would be producing it now, wouldn't they? Especially with legal costs mounting as per post 222 above. It's very unlikely to suddenly turn up out of the blue! :nono: The debt may still be there, but you can't be made to pay it back, I've got £15k UE debt half way through to SBd, and it's no bother, I haven't heard from anyone for over a year. :grin:

Comment

Even if they do 'find' the proper agreement or Default Notice, they cant produce them because the deadline for submission of 'evidence they will rely on' was 18th March.
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FP, keep stum

If there was such an agreement they would be producing it now, wouldn't they? Especially with legal costs mounting as per post 222 above. It's very unlikely to suddenly turn up out of the blue! :nono: The debt may still be there, but you can't be made to pay it back, I've got £15k UE debt half way through to SBd, and it's no bother, I haven't heard from anyone for over a year. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine
                                Even if they do 'find' the proper agreement or Default Notice, they cant produce them because the deadline for submission of 'evidence they will rely on' was 18th March.
                                But wouldn't that only apply to their recent SD?

Couldn't the buggers start another claim later, if they ever manage to find (or cobble together) the missing documents?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X