• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I WON!!!! Served with a statuory demand by BW Legal/Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HELP!!! I've just been served with a statuory demand by bwlegal/Lowell

Personally, I'd go a bit simpler. It's a bit twisty turny at present

Lowells/BW legal have issued a statutory demand against me and appeared at XX Court on 02 February 2013 when I applied to set aside this demand.

At that Hearing, His Honour Judge XXX ordered that Lowells/BW Legal produce supporting documentation to me by XX/XX.

Lowells/BW Legal has now failed to comply with the Judges Order to produce the evidence they are dependent upon using at the adjourned hearing on 03 April 2013.

Lowells/BW Legal has already wasted the Courts and my time by appearing at court on 02 February 2013 and being unable to proceed with the case due to the lack of paperwork on their part.

Lowells/BW legal are clearly not in a position to prove the debt is legitimate, nor do they possess the paperwork relating to this alleged debt, so in accordance with insolvency guidelines they should not have issued a statutory demand. A statutory demand should never have been issued under these circumstances and I believe this was a vexatious course of action undertaken to intimidate and frighten me.

I am yet to receive the costs awarded to me at the last hearing from my opponents. The Court made an Order that Lowell/BWLegal were to pay my costs of £102 by 15 February 2013 no payment has been made to me or any reason offered why this payment has not been made.

I therefore respectfully ask the Court to set aside the statutory demand application by Lowells/BW Legal due to their failure to comply with the Courts Order of 02 February 2013.

I also ask the court to make a further Order for the payment of outstanding costs due to me from Lowell/BWLegal.

In addition, I ask the Court to consider making a further award of costs in respect of the expense and time I have been forced to spend on defending the statutory demand and the set aside application.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you so much for taking a look at the letter and making the improvements - with your permission please may i use this version to submit to the court?

I'm goign to fax, email and post a copy of the letter to the court tomorrow - is there anything else i should do?

Do I need to send lowells a copy - i'd rather let sleeping dogs lie until the judge (hopefully!!) dismisses their stat demand and hits them with a cost order in my favour, then i am more than happy to contact them and chase them for payment!!

Thank you so so much for all your help, advice and support - i am grateful beyond words xxx

Comment

I telephoned the court and I was advised to email the letter to them, which I have now done I have also sent a hard copy via snail mail to cover all bases.

Just need to wait for the judge to give her directions now and hope she kicks Lowells into place.

Thank you for all your amazing help and I will keep you all updated xxx

Comment

Well done fuzzy, we'll keep everything crossed for you! :okay:

Do keep us posted.

Comment

Ditto FP, good luck Hun keeping fingers crossed for you.

Comment

I've had a confirmation email and they have received the snail mail version too. Just a case of waiting for the judge to issue her directions

Oh and still no payment in respect of the court costs either - that 2 and half weeks late and counting........

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybrain
                still no payment in respect of the court costs either - that 2 and half weeks late and counting........
                When will you put the bailiffs in?

Comment

​I can't add anything sensible to your thread Fuzzy except to say 'well done + hang in there' and to the Beagles helping..what a bunch of stars you are

Comment

I couldn't have done any of this without the fabulous and amazing LB's and I am forever in their debt and extremely grateful.

Still no word, but i'd love to send the baliff's in - after all they'd do the same to me in a heartbeat!!! Guess i need the judge to enforce the judgement - or is it already a judgement - i'm a bit confused by what the costs order actually means and how i can enforce it

Comment

The cheeky ******** %%^&&^ and other such words that i should not be even thinking, let alone using!!!

BW legal have just sent me a friggin novel of why my stat demand should not be Set aside!!! A rain forrest was destroyed in the making of this c$$$ - sorry
                      i'm a "bit annoyed"

Firstly its dated the 7 March - so way over time of the file date of 22 February 2013 to begin with, so the court will only have got it today, luckily my order to dismiss went in well over a week ago, so hopefully the judge has got her mitts on mine and has made a decision to dismiss (although she hadn't
                      looked it when I called Wednesday, so unless she was in on Thurs or Friday then this maybe put before the judge too alongside my application to kick them to the curb.

Anyhow back to the pile of s$$$ they have sent me (at least i hope that's what it is and the amount they have sent is just smoke and mirrors)

The rest of the paperwork is what I hav already been sent - but they keep referring to the credit agreement but where is it - all they have sent is terms and conditons that have no personal details and can be related to me. I have previously received the "credit agreement" and posted previously.

All suggestions and help is deperately and gratefully received
                      Attached Files

Comment

All suggestions and help is desperately and gratefully received
                        The author seems to be barely literate:
                        the Creditor sent no less than 22 letters to the Debtor
                        He should have written, of course:
                        the Creditor sent no fewer than 22 letters to the Debtor
                        Paragraph 9 may contain an untruth, if you did respond to their letters.

Paragraph 11.2 is missing.

Whilst you might not dispute the existence of the debt (which, in itself, may prove unwise) you do dispute that the debt is enforceable through the courts and you believe that the claimant is using a Statutory Demand and the consequential threat of bankruptcy to evade the limitations imposed by their not having complied with your s77/s78 request.

Comment

Re: 11.2 - sorry that was my fault, must have deleted it - and its probably an important point as they still haven't supplied the default notice and have said they still don't have it!! Have re uploaded a correct copy of the WS

I guess I have to wait and see what the judge says aout my letter re the fact they hadn't filed any defence to the court by the stated time or paid the court costs they should have paid me. My guess is that they will appeal if the judge does come down on my side re them not filing in time, so I don't think i'm anywhere near the finish line with this

Comment

Conveniently sent to you on a Saturday,fuzzy,to mess with your head..Put it away,,and don't look at it again till Monday,you can't do anything till then and don't let it ruin your weekend x

Comment

Thank you Hunni.

You are completely right, hopefully the judge will see through their games but we shall see. I'll give the courts a ring on Monday and see what happens now.

Comment

Have you checked with Experian or another organisation if the default has been registered and what date was it registered?

The fact that they state that they issued the true copy of the assignment, did you ever receive this document?

They still have to provide you with the original copy of the credit agreement as the T&C's are not specific to you.

They did not pay your costs as they probably believe that they will sway the court to NOT set the SD aside as they have got it into their head that you have agreed that this is your debt when in fact you are still awating for documentation to prove it is your debt.

I fully suspect you will need to prepare a witness statement ready for court date and all these points will have to be mentioned as they are trying to make you look the bad one and you will have to turn the tables back on them.

If you have told them that this is your debt as they are telling the judge you have agreed that you owe this debt you may wish to start to agree a repayment plan and again you will need an expert such as PT to guide you hun.

Re: 11.2 - sorry that was my fault, must have deleted it - and its probably an important point as they still haven't supplied the default notice and have said they still don't have it!! Have re uploaded a correct copy of the WS

I guess I have to wait and see what the judge says aout my letter re the fact they hadn't filed any defence to the court by the stated time or paid the court costs they should have paid me. My guess is that they will appeal if the judge does come down on my side re them not filing in time, so I don't think i'm anywhere near the finish line with this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X