• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    Bump again for @Nemasis45
    Good morning DT,
    Sorry your tag was faulty so I didn't see the posts [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] will find me,
    The alleged " computer problem" was pretty regular occurrence when Welcome was running as we thought " normally"!
    It begs the question why a computer problem will affect a hand written contract/agreement surely the original signed paper agreement still existed so why the need to sign a new one????

My feeling is that when this happened agreements were rewritten often I suspect without the borrower being given the opportunity to fully check the content of the new for,

I do recall Welcome " Motor Finance " being some of the most rewritten agreements a considerable time ago a friends son bought a car from a local used car dealer, the car turned out to be a complete wreck mechanically and was returned to the deal who to their credit immediately offered any car on the lot as a replacement at no cost.

Welcome were advised that this " swap" had taken place and there was no financial changes to the original agreement, however it came to light that a new agreement has been raised for an increased amount for a longer period ( payments staying the same) the young man had financial difficulties and asked for payments to be reduced for a short time, when the Welcome office boy produced the agreement the change came to light an unsigned agreement no Welcome signature either.

He refused to sign the more expensive agreement and at that point payments stopped and shortly a claim was raised by a local solicitor later barred from practice for misconduct.

In court the solicitor produced the unsigned " new" agreement and the original one which was not signed or date by Welcome. No DN, no LBA result claim struck out, young man was granted the car for the payments already made.

Welcome continued to press for payment for years right up to their administration.

In my opinion the majority of Welcome agreement were faulty and I hope when the final wind up happens all the irregularities will come to light.

nem

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] they at as dodgy as he'll!
      Dt
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Thanks @nemesis45 they at as dodgy as he'll!
        Dt
        That and more!! DT.
        nem

Comment

Blooming auto correct and me not paying attention!

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          That and more!! DT.
          nem

Comment

Blooming auto correct and me not paying attention!
            This afternoon I have been attempting to help a gentleman with a Welcome account from 22 years ago there are 4 rewrites none of which he was aware of having never asked for or been offered and changes to the original contract,
            Again an agreement taken by a young person with a desperate need for a car and completely stitched up.

nem

Comment

Ours wasn't a car loan it was a secured personal loan.
              But they still stitched us up, The re-write included the PPI etc. which we were not informed about.
              When we're took it to the FOM all they wanted to do was to get us to sign a new agreement minus the PPI.
              Did you check out the agreements I posted up along with the T and Cs?
              Found this from 2006, I suspect just the tip of the iceberg that is Welcome
              http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/lo...-fraud-3757882

This afternoon I have been attempting to help a gentleman with a Welcome account from 22 years ago there are 4 rewrites none of which he was aware of having never asked for or been offered and changes to the original contract,
              Again an agreement taken by a young person with a desperate need for a car and completely stitched up.

nem
              Last edited by dogtired; 6th July 2016, 01:27:AM.

Comment

Ours wasn't a car loan it was a secured personal loan.
                But they still stitched us up, The re-write included the PPI etc. which we were not informed about.
                When e took it to the FOD al they wanted to do was o get us to sign a new agreement minus the PPI.
                Did you check out the agreements I posted up along with the T and Cs?
                Found this from 2006, I suspect just the tip of the iceberg that is Welcome
                http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/lo...-fraud-3757882
                You are right DT the tip of a very, very large iceberg it would seem from what has come to light over the years almost every ( if not all) the local offices had some " shady" characters and accounts.

nem

Comment

Our "offices" were Stockport when we moved they said it was settled, changed their minds and initially Great Yarmouth and then Norwich Offices one of the managers went on to managed a Norwich and Peterborough Office locally.
                  He was not at all helpful kept on insisting they were right and I was wrong, and head office still are.
                  We still need a joint complaint to FCA but would it be any use?

You are right DT the tip of a very, very large iceberg it would seem from what has come to light over the years almost every ( if not all) the local offices had some " shady" characters and accounts.

nem

Comment

Our "offices" were Stockport when we moved they said it was settled, changed their minds and initially Great Yarmouth and then Norwich Offices one of the managers went on to managed a Norwich and Peterborough Office locally.
                    He was not at all helpful kept on insisting they were right and I was wrong, and head office still are.
                    We still need a joint complaint to FCA but would it be any use?
                    I am still of the opinion that comprehensive report to the FCA with detail from as many affected parties as possible might spark some form of investigation into just how corrupt this company was/is.

nem

Comment

I am all for this and I think others would be too but how do you get them " on board" so to speak?

I am still of the opinion that comprehensive report to the FCA with detail from as many affected parties as possible might spark some form of investigation into just how corrupt this company was/is.

nem

Comment

I am all for this and I think others would be too but how do you get them " on board" so to speak?
                        I did a similar "mass complaint" in regard the conduct of a DCA/ Debt purchaser a few years back set up a separate e-mail address to collect all details, then collated in to complaint types ready to submit.

It achieved restrictions on the company concerned which may well still be active( they were earlier this year).

nem

Comment

Let's get the ball rolling then!

I did a similar "mass complaint" in regard the conduct of a DCA/ Debt purchaser a few years back set up a separate e-mail address to collect all details, then collated in to complaint types ready to submit.

It achieved restrictions on the company concerned which may well still be active( they were earlier this year).

nem

Comment

Count me in and let me know.

I have had enough of trying to get answers out of this lot yet they still chase me for arrears. I received another letter today but no response to my previous letter.

The only issue is that I have ongoing complaints with FOS but at the moment getting nowhere fast. I am still awaiting an Ombudsman's to be appointed after nearly 2 years. Absolute joke and in the meantime Welcome are going into liquidation.

Comment

Welcome went bust in 2009 after a fraud by the directors. I was working for them at the time . The company was bought by the creditors for a nominal sum to allow the book to be collected. As leases came up for any office that office was closed and the staff either transferred of made redundant . The paperwork is a mess, huge amounts got thrown away when it was supposed to have been scanned. More was lost when the document management company had a fire. When there was a change from one document management system to another a lot got misfiled.
                              Last edited by seduraed; 11th July 2016, 19:29:PM. Reason: Facts date

Comment

Does not supprise me!
                                As already posted the manager from our local office went on to manage a Norwich and Peterborough.
                                I only found out when I went in to open a savings account and he regognised my name as it is quite unusual.
                                Guess who didn't open an savings account!
                                Still have the memory of him threatening me with losing our house and he would prove that the account was valid, they still haven't after over seven years.

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                                Welcome went bust in 2007 after a fraud by the directors. I was working for them at the time . The company was bought by the creditors for a nominal sum to allow the book to be collected. As leases came up for any office that office was closed and the staff either transferred of made redundant . The paperwork is a mess, huge amounts got thrown away when it was supposed to have been scanned. More was lost when the document management company had a fire. When there was a change from one document management system to another a lot got misfiled.
                                Last edited by dogtired; 7th July 2016, 04:32:AM. Reason: adding content, spelling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X