• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

No responce yet to my letter sent 18th May.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      No responce yet to my letter sent 18th May.
      Time perhaps for a gentle reminder DT?

nem

Comment

They are confused enough already!
        The majority of accounts they still have are unenforceable for various reasons and when they finally wind up will be sold off as assets and all of us will have to start again with who ever now "owns" them
        Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Time perhaps for a gentle reminder DT?

nem

Comment

The majority of accounts they still have are unenforceable for various reasons and when they finally wind up will be sold off as assets and all of us will have to start again with who ever now "owns" them
          Same here DT, no replies to any of my letters.

I have had no chasers for outstanding arrears even though in dispute.

No response to further information that I had asked for, including explanation to mentioned scheme quoted by the Ombudsman.

I have had no formal response from my adjudicator regarding comments mentioned in previous post apart from its now awaiting an Ombudsman's final decision ?

All a bit of a mess at the moment :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

I agree DT, perhaps the FCA should be made aware of the situation re unenforceable accounts.

nem

Comment

Would be quite willing to do that maybe better as a group? Will be away for a day or two but will do so if you think its a good idea.

I agree DT, perhaps the FCA should be made aware of the situation re unenforceable accounts.

nem

Comment

Been a mess since Cattles went bust, never could understand why Welcome were allowed to continue to carry on as part of the FCS .
                Not giving up [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] has suggested we report to the FCA think it may be worth a shot but away for a couple of days (back Friday).

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
                Same here DT, no replies to any of my letters.

I have had no chasers for outstanding arrears even though in dispute.

No response to further information that I had asked for, including explanation to mentioned scheme quoted by the Ombudsman.

I have had no formal response from my adjudicator regarding comments mentioned in previous post apart from its now awaiting an Ombudsman's final decision ?

All a bit of a mess at the moment :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Did a quick Google. May be worth a read, not sure what it means for us though
                  https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000000MfUKfAAN

Comment

Would be quite willing to do that maybe better as a group? Will be away for a day or two but will do so if you think its a good idea.
                    I would be happy to collate and submit to the FCA if anyone is interested.

nem

Comment

Yes please, did you see the link in #173

I would be happy to collate and submit to the FCA if anyone is interested.

nem

Comment

Yes please, did you see the link in #173
                        Got it DT

nem

Comment

Count me in - Dogtired/Nemesis45, I have just received a response from Welcome yesterday.

I will post up the single sheet of one sided paper being the T & C's, however I am really surprised that any lawyer was able to pass this paperwork through to Land registry, amongst others as 'legal'. This company have been so shady I am actually surprised that it has taken this long for them to go into insolvency.

On the side, they are willing to 'settle' the debt at a 50% discount. I am sure I can negotiate further but not sure if I want to after DT's experience. My gut tells me this account in unenforceable anyway so I would much rather keep that money in my own pocket.
                          Last edited by Ruby; 12th June 2016, 10:33:AM.

Comment

Ok!
                            How do we co-ordinate it then?
                            No reply as yet from my second letter asking how they had got the credit of £1.00 they claim was paid (this was the CCA fee paid to one of the DCAs they got involved).
                            Or that the CAB declared it "irredeemingly unenforceable" over five years ago.
                            Never did trust them.
                            Originally posted by Ruby View Post
                            Count me in - Dogtired/Nemesis45, I have just received a response from Welcome yesterday.

I will post up the single sheet of one sided paper being the T & C's, however I am really surprised that any lawyer was able to pass this paperwork through to Land registry, amongst others as 'legal'. This company have been so shady I am actually surprised that it has taken this long for them to go into insolvency.

On the side, they are will to 'settle' the debt at a 50% discount. I am sure I can negotiate further but not sure if I want to after DT's experience. My gut tells me this account in unenforceable anyway so I would much rather keep that money in my own pocket.

Comment

To be honest DT, I am not sure how we co-ordinate this. I am very much open to suggestions. Can we write/e-mail FCA direct? The cynic in me says they will auto response saying that we need to take this through the FOS- grrrr
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ruby; 12th June 2016, 10:50:AM. Reason: Adding attachment

Comment

Don't know [MENTION=4027]Ruby[/MENTION] tag [MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION]asis45 could you please advise?

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
                                To be honest DT, I am not sure how we co-ordinate this. I am very much open to suggestions. Can we write/e-mail FCA direct? The cynic in me says they will auto response saying that we need to take this through the FOS- grrrr

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X