• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

I agree very slippery customers.
    Libor never mentioned with Welcome however this is very helpful with the on going complaint with Kensington I have, told you I dont do easy!
    Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

IMHO they are trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by making it look like the loans are secured on land/property.
    This would make their 'asset' (the loan) much more valuable for resale (assignment)

####
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

[QUOTE=seduraed;640425]
      Originally posted by Bazza View Post
      Thanks Ruby and yes that's their customer contact address.

I have just noticed that the phone numbers have updated so looks as if though my local branch may have closed.

I did make them a cheeky offer myself in which they originally declined but then kept sending text's to call back to discuss further.

Maybe worth a try as I had approx £8,500 outstanding and made a full and final offer of £1,000. I am still awaiting a response in writing so will let you know.[/QUOTE

]
      I think they might take £2000
      I think they
      Thanks Seduraed

I think I will chase them on my original offer again and see what they have to say.

I really want to keep everything in writing but as mentioned before I am still awaiting replies on original correspondences and seem very slow to respond as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
        Sorry missed this earlier.
        Solicitor according to final invoice.
        She and us found Welcome frustrating to deal with they were supposed to send an agent to her office but they never turned up so in order to get things done she paid the £8000 out of the equity.
        If the F&F was clearly offered & they accepted that offer, imho it should be legally binding (esp if via a solicitor)
        http://www.dwf.law/news-events/legal...al-settlement/
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you. I do know that Welcome were very slow in responding and she did not get written responses.
          She paid them out of the equity checked all the letters and invoices and the payment is listed but no trace of anything from Welcome.
          It will be twelve years in June and she was getting near retirement then so I dont know how I would go about asking for this evidrnce.
          This house had been a holiday home and in order to get a morgage had to be registered with the Land Registry and our copy of this has no mention of any of the names Welcome go by.

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          If the F&F was clearly offered & they accepted that offer, imho it should be legally binding (esp if via a solicitor)
          http://www.dwf.law/news-events/legal...al-settlement/
          Last edited by dogtired; 12th April 2016, 19:11:PM.

Comment

So they are going into voluntary insolvency???

Bazza, I have always, bar once found FOS frustrating. I think the guys who work in FOS are over paid and oversized toddlers straight out of nursery school.

I got a letter on Saturday from Welcome informing me that my account was being transferred to their internal collections department. It made me laugh!

Still no response to my 'cheeky offer'.

DT, at least you have had reconfirmed that they do not hold a valid CCA agreement. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby View Post

Bazza, I have always, bar once found FOS frustrating. I think the guys who work in FOS are over paid and oversized toddlers straight out of nursery school.

I got a letter on Saturday from Welcome informing me that my account was being transferred to their internal collections department. It made me laugh!

DT, at least you have had reconfirmed that they do not hold a valid CCA agreement. :tinysmile_twink_t2:
              Hence my frustration with FOS Ruby, they have taken so long addressing my case correctly, rejected by final adjudicator, asked to be passed to an Ombudsman a year ago, now being told that awaiting allocation and that Welcome are going into liquidation :mad2::mad2:

So if Welcome are going into voluntary insolvency, can they still chase outstanding arrears including transferring CCA regulated secured agreements to a 2nd Mortgages ?

And I am still waiting for a reply to my original cheeky offer of £1,000 to settle.

Keep me posted on any developments thanks.

Cheers

Bazza

Comment

My aim is to get their sticky paws off my land registry record. Going into liquidation, I would assume that accounts would be bought over by another firm - most likely a DCA for pennies and then the next set of fun and games would begin. It is highly unlikely in my humble opinion that any debt would just disappear.

Will keep you all posted with any updates and please do the same - power in numbers!

Comment

My aim is to get their sticky paws off my land registry record. Going into liquidation, I would assume that accounts would be bought over by another firm - most likely a DCA for pennies and then the next set of fun and games would begin. It is highly unlikely in my humble opinion that any debt would just disappear.

Will keep you all posted with any updates and please do the same - power in numbers!
                  Well that is my priority at the moment and currently looking into the legality of their charge on my property.

Regarding the debt I realise that it will never disappear and like I said earlier and by you that it will no doubt be sold.

I am just a bit fed-up that I have a current Welcome PPI complaint with FOS in which is incurring interest by the day and would probably wipe out the majority of my arrears.

Comment

Yep!
                    Posted my cheeky letter telling them I would take them to court yesterday!

Comment

Power to the people. I know it will not " go away" but have kept everything I have in writing including my origanal copies of agreement they by the way don't seem to mention that bit about not being able to cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                        Thank you. I do know that Welcome were very slow in responding and she did not get written responses.
                        She paid them out of the equity checked all the letters and invoices and the payment is listed but no trace of anything from Welcome.
                        It will be twelve years in June and she was getting near retirement then so I dont know how I would go about asking for this evidrnce.
                        This house had been a holiday home and in order to get a morgage had to be registered with the Land Registry and our copy of this has no mention of any of the names Welcome go by.
                        Hi dt

This from a previous LB thread (so what can possibly go wrong? lol!)

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ls-Settlements

It would appear that, if an F&F is offered & the cheque is cashed, any significant delay in responding on the creditor's part (ie to say it is only a part payment) is not acceptable.

Also this

The key area is in relation to the delay between receipt (and cashing) the cheque and communicating the fact that it was not accepted as full and final settlement. The cheque was received on 7 February 2012 but no communication was sent rejecting the payment as full and final settlement until 7 March 2012. In Stour Valley Builders v Stuart [2003] T.C.L.R. 8. the delay was less than a week.
                        In his judgment LJ Lloyd also refers to the decision in Upfield v Marshall where a delay of seven weeks was considered too long.
                        Further, the judgment in the Stour Valley Builders v Stuart [2003] T.C.L.R. 8. considers whether the claimant's conduct with regard to the delay caused the defendants to think the money was taken in satisfaction of the claim.

In the present situation, the delay between receipt and communication is likely to be a problem as, after a delay of a month, it is
                        arguable the other side would have thought that the money had been accepted in satisfaction of the claim.

http://www.shoosmiths.co.uk/client-r...ment-8505.aspx
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for the post Charity. Common sense tells me that if you get a solicitor on board and the F & F settlement is made 'legal' that should be the end of the line .....

DT did just that - she paid 8K through a solicitor. Welcome are so unprofessional or maybe just desperate?!

Little surprises me.

Comment

wrong thread

Comment

Agree Ruby at one time when we moved here had an agent come to the house, despite me telling them they needed an appointment.
                              One Manger/Agent was really nasty calling me names in a phone call and that they would prove the account existed and we would lose this house.
                              Two DCAs later they still haven't found or supplied compliant agreements.

Thanks for the post Charity. Common sense tells me that if you get a solicitor on board and the F & F settlement is made 'legal' that should be the end of the line .....

DT did just that - she paid 8K through a solicitor. Welcome are so unprofessional or maybe just desperate?!

Little surprises me.

Comment

Another "we are still investigating and we will respond in eight weeks" letter has arrived today.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X