• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    Welcome and dodgy/incompetant seem to go hand in hand be it dodgy loans for cars as "personal" loans that somehow turn into mortgages.
    Getting in touch with the Land Registry and local CAB again tomorrow. Don't do easy as I have another matter on the go with a local trader!
    Cheers dogtired and good luck.

I have just contacted CAB today and now awaiting further.

Was your original loan pre 2007 ?

Comment

Yes 2002 at another address.
      Could not access the Land Registry as they were having problems.
      Local CAB was just answer phone so waitng foir a call back.
      Good luck to you as well x

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
      Cheers dogtired and good luck.

I have just contacted CAB today and now awaiting further.

Was your original loan pre 2007 ?
      Last edited by dogtired; 14th March 2016, 15:43:PM.
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Yes 2002 at another address.
        Could not access the Land Registry as they were having problems.
        Local CAB was just answer phone so waitng foir a call back.
        God luck to you as well x
        Cheers again dogtired

Regarding your agreement / legal charge if secured - did your copy have all relevant details such as agreement number and signed / dated by Welcome rep ?

Please keep me posted on any developments.

Bazza

Comment

Think so got a busy evening and won't be able to check until later or tomorrow

Cheers again dogtired

Regarding your agreement / legal charge if secured - did your copy have all relevant details such as agreement number and signed / dated by Welcome rep ?

Bazza

Comment

Think so got a busy evening and won't be able to check until later or tomorrow
            Ok dogtired no worries, whenever convenient with you as I would be interested to know.

Cheers

Bazza

Comment

Had a quick look. Have original documents.
              One Secured Personal Loan as header the break down of costs, some information about Data protection and customer declaration.
              Signed and witnessed .
              There is a signiture from Welcome but really cannot remember if they were actually present
              Date is 08/08/02 also three different sets of numbers on the top.two yellow copies and two blue.
              The other has legal charge as a header the same date more customer information and also signed and witnessed but NO signature from Welcome and NO customer numbers.
              Again two yellow and two blue .
              Actually only just noticed he missing numbers on the Legal Charge would that in itself make the original loan unenforceable @charitynjw your views please They re wrote this early the following year without our knowledge they changed the number as well

Cheers again dogtired

Bazza

Comment

Had a quick look. Have original documents.
                One Secured Personal Loan as header the break down of costs, some information about Data protection and customer declarstion.
                Signed and witnessed .
                There is a signiture from Welcome but really cannot remember if they were actually present
                Date is 08/08/02 also three different sets of numbers on the top.two yellow copies and two blue.
                The other has legal charge as a header the same date more customer information and also signed and witnessed but NO signature from Welcome and NO customer numbers.
                Again two yellow and two blue .
                Actually only just noticed he missing numbers on the Legal Charge would that in itself make the original loan unenforceable @charitynjw your views please They re wrote this early the following year without our knowledge they changed the number as well
                Sorry to throw the cat amongst the pigeons dogtired but it seems strange that they cannot even provide copies of completed agreements and do not remember ever receiving them.

Even when I submitted SAR, incomplete details were returned and requested again but were never provided. Mine are all missing including agreement numbers.

I have put this to CAB and now awaiting a response as reviewing my agreement and legal charge.

If anyone else can add anything please kindly advise.

Cheers

Bazza

Comment

From what I have experienced and other posts it's par for the course. Paper work was appealing!
                  They ceased trsding/ lending how are they able to keep offices ooen, pay staff etc?

Sorry to throw the cat amongst the pigeons dogtired but it seems strange that they cannot even provide copies of completed agreements and do not remember ever receiving them.

Even when I submitted SAR, incomplete details were returned and requested again but were never provided. Mine are all missing including agreement numbers.

I have put this to CAB and now awaiting a response as reviewing my agreement and legal charge.

If anyone else can add anything please kindly advise.

Cheers

Bazza

Comment

From what I have experienced and other posts it's par for the course. Paper work was appealing!
                    They ceased trsding/ lending hoiw are they able to keep offics ooen, pay staff etc?
                    I believe my local / debt chasing one has closed. Tried to call them today regarding a response to my letter regarding arrears but number unrecognisable.

Checked details on website and the telephone number has changed ?

Anyone else any wiser as to what the latest situation is regarding Welcome. Recently received a NSOA letter from branch with Welcome Finance is the trading name of Welcome Financial Services Limited (Reg No:133540) at bottom of page ?

Comment

Hi

As far as I can see, the secured loan (2nd mortgage), depending on how much & when it was signed, should be covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (amended 2006).

A first mortgage isn't - that's probably why they are trying to call the secured loan a mortgage; the CCA gives you a lot of protection.

It's worth noting that they cannot opt out of the CCA [s173(1)]; if the loan isn't exempt, then by law it should be covered & any agreement should be compliant (prescribed terms, etc).

Obviously the contract/agreement needs to be scrutinised.

But for starters, see this
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you would that apply to one taken out in 2002 ? ( not forgetting that Welcome rewrote it early the following year without notification)

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        Hi

As far as I can see, the secured loan (2nd mortgage), depending on how much & when it was signed, should be covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (amended 2006).

A first mortgage isn't - that's probably why they are trying to call the secured loan a mortgage; the CCA gives you a lot of protection.

It's worth noting that they cannot opt out of the CCA [s173(1)]; if the loan isn't exempt, then by law it should be covered & any agreement should be compliant (prescribed terms, etc).

Comment

Thank you would that apply to one taken out in 2002 ? ( not forgetting that Welcome rewrote it early the following year without notification)
                          Imho

It should do.

Are you saying that the CCA 1974 isn't mentioned on your copy of the agreement?
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                            Hi

Thank-you charitynjw

My loan is a secured personal loan for approx £15,000 in which is CCA 1974 regulated.

I received a letter from Welcome Finance Nottingham last week advising that as from 21st March 2016 of the implementation of the Mortgage Credit Directive (MCD) and therefore my secured loan account will called a mortgage.

They refer / state details in relation to a second charge mortgage but this loan already sits behind a previous second mortgage (charge) so therefore would this still apply and be a third mortgage ?

I will also read up on the link provided.

Comment

I would have thought so dogtired.

That new telephone number from their website for my branch is the same in which has been quoted on the recent letter from head-office :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

They are probably feeling a bit vunerable (& skint!), given their capitulation re the long-standing dust-up with PWC (£1.5bn claim?).
                                The out-of-court can't have been cheap.
                                & they've also got the (newish) FCA CONC to contend with.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X