• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Happy Stuff Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Happy Stuff Thread

Smiling is just like a bad disease,
    And you could catch it too.
    If you were to smile at me today,
    I bet I'd smile at you.

I walked along the street just now
    And flashed my toothy smile,
    At folk who saw me coming
    And theirs grew wider than a mile.

And when they smiled
    I thought to myself,
    They've taken it from me.
    It could spread round the world
    Like a flag unfurled,
    Flying unfettered and free.

Thinking about their widening grin
    I relalised its contagion.
    It could gather pace around the earth
    And infect almost every nation.

A simple smile can do so much good,
    So let's spread this complaint with a grin,
    And show that a frown can get you down
    But a smile will always win.

from BAe newsletter -poem by Roy Blanning

Comment

Turbs, I know this is the Happy Stuff thread and Queen makes you happy..........but don't they already have their own thread somewhere else lol.

Anyway, my latest bit of happy news is three-fold

1. It's very nearly payday and I am not up to my overdraft limit yet (for the first time in about a million years)
      2. My daughter finally got shot of the control freak cheating obnoxious BF and it looks like he is finally history
      3. I put a couple of quid on some neddies yesterday and got 1 win and 4 places and picked up just over 60 quid
      Last edited by WendyB; 23rd January 2011, 14:18:PM.
      Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
        Turbs, I know this is the Happy Stuff thread and Queen makes you happy..........but don't they already have their own thread somewhere else lol.

Anyway, my latest bit of happy news is three-fold

1. It's very nearly payday and I am not up to my overdraft limit yet (for the first time in about a million years)
        2. My daughter finally got shot of the control freak heating obnoxious BF and it looks like he is finally history
        3. I put a couple of quid on some neddies yesterday and got 1 win and 4 places and picked up just over 60 quid
        Sorry Wendy---sometimes I get carried away with sound of Freddie!!

BF ???

Comment

pmsl BOYFRIEND

Comment

Control freak cheating Boyfriend (BF - boyfriend)
            Is no longer here

Comment

[quote=Turboman;193391]Sorry Wendy---sometimes I get carried away with sound of Freddie!!

BF ???[/quote

I maybe tempted to give this freddie a call then

Comment

Hope Ben don't see the last line-pmsl Di

[quote=enaid;193394]
                Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                Sorry Wendy---sometimes I get carried away with sound of Freddie!!

BF ???[/quote

I maybe tempted to give this freddie a call then

Comment

I could've done with him last night

Comment

Paddy in the bathroom & Murphy shouts to him

"Did you find the shampoo?"

Paddy says:

"Yes but is for dry hair & I've just bloody wet mine"

Comment

well there's not much happening, is there? Nothing especially happy to report, but then again nothing grim either, so i suppose that's happy in itself lol.

Only good news I've found out recently is that legally I only have to give a week's notice, not a month as i originally thought, so when I tell my boss to shove his job I'll only have to put up with it for a week
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Nothing much to report here, wedding arrangements all sorted, just jogging along really, looking forward to the meet in April.

Comment

Good morning.......

Nothing to report up to date either, but hope all are ok and have had a good weekend.

Comment

well. I won £3.10 on the neddies today, so that's something I suppose lol. And my OH has just sold his mountain bike and is going to spend the money on a new TV for the spare bedroom, so he can bugger off up there to play on his XBox and leave me to watch the TV in the lounge in peace and cut out the arguments lol.

I've had my hair chopped off, gone from long and light to short and dark, part of the new image for when I get an interview for the job I've just applied for
                            Is no longer here

Comment

There's this gorgeous volumtous Welsh blonde in Harley street giving speech therapy lessons to a group with stuttering problems.
                              • Englishman
                              • Scotsman
                              • Irishman
                              As they are not doing very well, she decides to ecourage them by offering sex with her if they can say where they were born without stuttering
                              • The Englishman says B.B.BB.irmingham--she says sorry , that's not good enough
                              • The Scotsman says G.G.GG.lasgow--she says sorry , that's not good enough either
                              • The Irishman says London (she says excellent and strips off and they have wild sex on the table for 4 minutes)-----------------------------------------------D.D.DD.erry after 5 minutes

Comment

As nothing remotely happy seems to have been happening to anyone lately, thought I'd share this with you lot.

Went to Ikea today and happened to notice a large package just being returned which looked suspiciously like the same size etc as the wardrobe carcase that we'd gone to buy (cost 61.28) Interrogation of a lovely worker (he was foreign and very helpful and I think it could well have been Mr Ikea himself lol) revealed it was indeed the wardrobe I wanted. He insisted on opening it up to make sure everything was there, then knocked it down to half price. Saving £30.68.

So I go to the offy on the way home, where they managed to undercharge me by £7.50

I get home and watch the Carling Cup final, which Blues won 2-1, which was very handy as I'd put a quid on Blues winning 2-1, at odds of 25/1.

All in all, not a bad day
                                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X