• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Happy Stuff Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Happy Stuff Thread

Last week's happy news

Lotto 4 numbers

£87:drum:

Comment

Well done Turbo

this weeks news - won £22 on the nags, £5 on the Chelsea result, then OH put a fiver on the correct score in our game yesterday. Albion duly obliged and won 3-1. At 28/1 . Happy days!
      Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
        Well done Turbo

this weeks news - won £22 on the nags, £5 on the Chelsea result, then OH put a fiver on the correct score in our game yesterday. Albion duly obliged and won 3-1. At 28/1 . Happy days!
        £5 @ 28/1 --- bloody hell--what a return!!!

Comment

It's been a while since I posted on here, nothing much been happening, happy or otherwise.

I'm starting with some unhappy news though - my daughter Jess has been employed on a Business Admin apprenticeship since March last year, and had been led to believe she would be kept on full time permanently, as she was actually filling a vacancy, had her own duties etc. Then last Friday she was told that they won't be keeping her on, and she would be finishing on 27th May. She was gutted, to say the least.

Cue Team WendyB springing into action! CV updated sharpish. Mr WendyB finds vacancy on internal company website, at another dealership. I rang the manager to ask if it was worth Jess applying, if he felt she would be experienced enough or if they really wanted someone older (no point bothering with all the politically correct stuff, is there). Had a lovely chat, he told me to send her CV. Sent CV by email on Sunday night. Tuesday morning she gets a call asking her to go for an interview Tuesday afternoon at 4pm. She got to the interview in one pice (that's a whole different story lol), and said it seemed to go really well.

We all had a good feeling about it, cue anxious wait yesterday -no phone call. Then we realised that's probably because they are not open on Wednesdays.....

Jess has just called me to say he's just phoned, she's got the job
          70 quid a week more than she's on now, for a 4 day week

We are so pleased for her.
          Is no longer here

Comment

That is excellent news, really pleased for her.

My 8 tiaras have been delivered for my female Royal Wedding Party guests, so I'm happy too.

Comment

Tiaras? Wedding Party? Do please expand.....
              Is no longer here

Comment

Tiaras? Wedding Party? Do please expand.....
                Royal Wedding Party, if you don't mind.

I've been volunteered to host a party to watch the Royal Wedding.

In order to be a Princess, one needs a tiara, so I have ordered 8 of them and every female guest including the little ones must wear their tiara for the duration of the day. Female guests must also wear a dress and skyscrapers (the little ones are excused from the skyscrapers).

Breakfast will be homemade sausage McMuffins and bubbles, lunch will be something else with bubbles and high tea will be a BBQ with bubbles.

Just like at The Ritz.

Comment

Fab news Wends, well done hun.

Great one Amy, it seems to be the order of the day, there's a lot of these parties going on.

Our news.....hmmmmm 57 days till our wedding, nervous, moi......... nah, not yet :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post

Our news.....hmmmmm 57 days till our wedding, nervous, moi......... nah, not yet :grin:
                    is that all/ Must only be 66 days till my hols then

You? Nervous? Don't make me laugh....
                    Is no longer here

Comment

I have decided to follow Amy's shining example and have a Tiara party on Friday. The arrangements are broadly the same. Breakfast is sausage muffins and bubbly, lunch cucumber sandwiches with more bubbly, and high tea will be scones and jam, washed down (for those of us still standing) with still more bubbly.

Dress code is Tiaras and posh frocks for the ladies. Formal for the men, except we haven't invited any men, they are all banished to Julie's house to help with the decorating.

We are having bunting outside the house and will be waving our Union flags wildly.

Let's face it, no other country does pomp and ceremony and a Royal Wedding like us, do they? So we may as well join in.

My daughter and her friend will be leaving at 1.30pm to head on to another party (much more of a B List kind of event ). Apparently the rules of that one are: whenever Queenie appears on TV, everyone must wave; whenever Prince Harry appears, everyone must salute; lastly, (and this is my personal favourite) whenever Prince Philip pops up, everyone must shout "Bloody Foreigners!".

They have trumped my party in that they have life-sized cut outs of Wills and Kate, in order for guests to have their photos taken with Royalty
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Here you go, Wendy, a bit of one-upmanship lol

http://www.bitterwallet.com/more-roy...=Yahoo%21+Mail

http://www.bitterwallet.com/premier-...=Yahoo%21+Mail
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Apparently, the B List party is making a Union flag from shots. Blue WKD, Red Sambucca, and some other equally evil concoction for the white parts. Sounds like it could be quite fun....
                          Is no longer here

Comment

My daughter and her friend will be leaving at 1.30pm to head on to another party (much more of a B List kind of event ). Apparently the rules of that one are: whenever Queenie appears on TV, everyone must wave; whenever Prince Harry appears, everyone must salute; lastly, (and this is my personal favourite) whenever Prince Philip pops up, everyone must shout "Bloody Foreigners!".
                            Love that idea, I'm going to do that now too.

They have trumped my party in that they have life-sized cut outs of Wills and Kate, in order for guests to have their photos taken with Royalty
                            Where the bloody hell did they get those? I want some.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                              Love that idea, I'm going to do that now too.

Where the bloody hell did they get those? I want some.
                              I want some too! Maybe we could go and err, ahem, borrow some from an unsuspecting display somewhere?
                              Is no longer here

Comment

PRINCE WILLIAM KATE MIDDLETON ROYAL WEDDING 2011 CUTOUT | eBay UK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X