• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

I will be coming, and intend to be there for the Saturday afternoon onwards, but I will be staying out of town and commuting in - aaaaah, the nostalgia !!!

Maxie has been having ISP problems lately, and may not be able to post here at present, but she has asked me to confirm that she also intends to be there for the Saturday afternoon, and will be making her own accommodation arrangements.

If the House of Commons tour is still on, then I'd be interested in that.

Comment

Hiya Tuttsi,

OH and I hope to be there on the Saturday - hopefully for the HoC tour, but will not be staying overnight due to cat commitments!

Nellie x

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
        Can every one who is still intending coming on this weekend or overnight please confirm on this thread and especially we also need to know if you want to stay in the same hotel and how many nights.

At the moment it is looking like the Winchester pub hotel in Highgate which as we talk only have 6 rooms available.

We need to have numbers as soon as possible.

Tuttsi

Can you tell me please if this is where the meet is or could possibly be (Winchester Pub Hotel.. ???) as the problem I'm having in booking somewhere to stay all depends on where the actual meet venue is cos this for me bumps up the travel costs and getting from A to B as I have no idea cos never been to London before or indeed stayed there and safety is also one of my concerns on traveling late at night..

Thanks..!!!

Max.x

Comment

Hi Maxie

Where will you be coming from as perhaps you could meet up with someone from your area to travel with?

The Winchester is in Highgate which is 15/20 minutes into the centre of London. I have no idea what this is like but will go and visit this place and we certainly would not want you wandering on your own.

We are still looking arround looking for a cheaper venue and more central but we needed to know numbers as most hotels do not have that many rooms available. The thing which appealed to the others about the Winchester they had a good selection of bar food and reasonable prices and the place was not too expensive.

I will post up when I have more information hun, please do not worry.
          Tuttsi xx

Originally posted by Maxie Girl View Post
          Can you tell me please if this is where the meet is or could possibly be (Winchester Pub Hotel.. ???) as the problem I'm having in booking somewhere to stay all depends on where the actual meet venue is cos this for me bumps up the travel costs and getting from A to B as I have no idea cos never been to London before or indeed stayed there and safety is also one of my concerns on traveling late at night..

Thanks..!!!

Max.x

Comment

Thanks..!!!

Max.x
            My apologies for misleading you all. I got the distinct impression that Maxie had already made arrangements, and that she had asked me to tell you this.

I confirm that I have made MY own arrangements. Please look after Maxie for me !!!

Comment

Tut's, I'm coming with a mate that comes from London and knows it like the back of her hand so that's not a problem but it's traveling costs, traveling times, parking costs, etc, etc

We have been looking at the premier inn at Harrow for our accommodation which is very reasonably priced and has a Beefeater restaurant but that's good for us if the meet venue is north or central London..

Personally, I would have thought the venue would have been the first thing sorted so peeps can work around that with their accommodation.. but having no idea is becoming costly with travel to and from..

Comment

I know that one well Maxie it is just accross the road from Kenton Station which is on the bakerloo line and will take about 30 minutes to London.

I live 15 minutes away from Kenton and will be travelling in by car to a central spot in London to meet up with everyone.

Turbo has found a gem of a hotel at Regents park, but the travellers rest is probably cheaper.

The idea was to find a hotel not too far away from all the places that we wanted to visit and also good to get to meet everyone. In the past we normally all stay in one place and it has not been a problem.

We are really still working on it hun, please let me know what they are quoting you in Harrow?

Tuttsi xx

Tut's, I'm coming with a mate that comes from London and knows it like the back of her hand so that's not a problem but it's traveling costs, traveling times, parking costs, etc, etc

We have been looking at the premier inn at Harrow for our accommodation which is very reasonably priced and has a Beefeater restaurant but that's good for us if the meet venue is north or central London..

Personally, I would have thought the venue would have been the first thing sorted so peeps can work around that with their accommodation.. but having no idea is becoming costly with travel to and from..

Comment

Well, yesterday's price was £29.00 parking is free as far as we are aware with plenty of parking spaces plus it has the beefeater restaurant as a bonus but tonight the cost has gone up to £65.00.. but for two of us that is still pretty damn reasonable..

Comment

Well, yesterday's price was £29.00 parking is free as far as we are aware with plenty of parking spaces plus it has the beefeater restaurant as a bonus but tonight the cost has gone up to £65.00.. but for two of us that is still pretty damn reasonable..

Maxie book it---we'll come---lad lives near st Finchley---I'll get him to run us around hun-lol
                    Last edited by Turboman; 20th January 2011, 04:21:AM.

Comment

Will speak with mate tomorrow Turbs..

Comment

Now£78---so Speed Is Of Essence Maxie Girl---
                        Last edited by Turboman; 20th January 2011, 04:19:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                          NOW£78---SO SPEED IS OF ESSENCE MAIE GIRL---Gmail ?

Blimey..!!! I reckon these prices go up according to the hits they have on their web page..?? LOL

You look ~ They raise.. lol

Comment

Blimey..!!! I reckon these prices go up according to the hits they have on their web page..?? LOL

You look ~ They raise.. lol
                            phew
                            Last edited by Turboman; 20th January 2011, 04:18:AM.

Comment

When we went there recently to eat we had to pay for car park even though we were eating at the Beefeater, In any event it was I believe a £1 or £2 for the evening and they returned the money when we paid our bill and gave them the proof of payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                                Mo just found this Tutts

£178 4* around Baker Street Little Gem ( No not Mrs Gem!!)

http://www.hoteldirect.co.uk/webapp/...31&submit.y=19

Best facilities/price I've found--read info icon
                                Just Booked here---£175---it is in fact the Danubious

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X