• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

I am hoping to travel Friday morning for 2 nights, the trains are going up in price everyday and some are now unavailable already. You have to book certain train times to get the bargains but am unsure what time to leave on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      I am hoping to travel Friday morning for 2 nights, the trains are going up in price everyday and some are now unavailable already. You have to book certain train times to get the bargains but am unsure what time to leave on Sunday.
      Booked
      • Arrive London Kings X at 1:30 Friday
      • Depart at 17:40 Sunday
      • £52 for the 2 of us

Now---2 hours later - price risen to £70

Hotels next task

Comment

Been following those links within this thread re hotels---my head is spinning---but yes Tutts--certainly a contrast in prices as you get away a bit from the centre

Comment

I know my head was spinning as well.

I promise I will get back on to it when I have more time unless someone has the time to do it now.

I will also try and arrange a programe with Sapphy so everyone knows where we are meeting and most importantly where we are going etc.

Tutts
          Originally posted by Turboman View Post
          Been following those links within this thread re hotels---my head is spinning---but yes Tutts--certainly a contrast in prices as you get away a bit from the centre

Comment

Please forgive me for not reading the whole thread here but could anyone please tell me where the actual meet-up venue will be cos without really knowing this (or has this not been decided yet either.??) I can't sort my travel arrangements out and really need to set something in stone..

Thank You..!!!

Maxie.xx

Comment

Originally posted by Maxie Girl View Post
              Please forgive me for not reading the whole thread here but could anyone please tell me where the actual meet-up venue will be cos without really knowing this (or has this not been decided yet either.??) I can't sort my travel arrangements out and really need to set something in stone..

Thank You..!!!

Maxie.xx
              Not yet Maxie---but I suspect it will be near HP or near Westend---are you going to stay where me & Enaid & SApphy stay?---when we decided it---

Comment

Well, I'd much prefer to stay where everyone else is staying if possible but can't sort out travel or booking with my friend until venue is completely sorted..

She knows London like the back of her hand as she comes from there so we was gonna start looking at hotels and suchforth tomorrow and for obvious reason's we would prefer to stay near to the meeting place so we can fall out of there and into bed.. LOL without too much traveling to our destination after a drink and late at night..

Comment

Originally posted by Maxie Girl View Post
                  Well, I'd much prefer to stay where everyone else is staying if possible but can't sort out travel or booking with my friend until venue is completely sorted..

She knows London like the back of her hand as she comes from there so we was gonna start looking at hotels and suchforth tomorrow and for obvious reason's we would prefer to stay near to the meeting place so we can fall out of there and into bed.. LOL without too much traveling to our destination after a drink and late at night..
                  We all got a common objective then---only cost a factor---as Tuttsi very busy today-I'm going to look up a few hotels for her and then she can run with it later--be back later Maxie xx

Comment

A Beagles meet that includes alcohol......... no change then msl:

Comment

Well Tuttsi & Enaid

---I've bored myself to a standstill

heres a selection of prices I found- but I dont know how convenient --some have breakfast some dont

anybody that knows the areas can add to SS & repost

EDIT --Alexandra added
                      --------Golders Green,Henlys Corner added
                      --------Holiday Inn Hammersmith added

Tutts-Couldn't find Premier at Whetstone
                      Last edited by Turboman; 18th January 2011, 16:30:PM.

Comment

Well done Turbs a great job, I had marked them but stupidly it did not save.
                        Will do it when I get home latter but there were a few which I thought could be OK and again it is down to price and accessability. There were a few in the city which could be good as there is a lot to see arround those areas as well as the city is normally quieter at the weekends.

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                        Well Tuttsi & Enaid

---I've bored myself to a standstill

heres a selection of prices I found- but I dont know how convenient --some have breakfast some dont

anybody that knows the areas can add to SS & repost

[ATTACH]4492[/ATTACH]

EDIT --Alexandra added

Tutts-Couldn't find Premier at Whetstone or Henlys Corner
                        I will find these latter, Henleys Corner is Holiday Inn express and Whetstone is Premier Inn from memory.
                        Last edited by TUTTSI; 18th January 2011, 15:47:PM.

Comment

You also have to weigh up travelling in as well as part of the cost, I beleive the tubes are cheap enough but if your talking taxis then maybe not.

Comment

Travel cards are useful as they can be used for travelling all over the London Area but this will add to the cost. My other suggestion is depending on how many there are I have a neighbour down the road who has a mini bus who can collect and take us into town and collect us at a designated time to bring us back. But we would stull have travel within the city to pay for.

Some of my suggestions is: Swiss Cottage/Finchley Road just a couple of stops to Baker Street on the underground, Farringdon in the city again a couple of stops on the underground to Baker Street also the Tower Hill hotel just a tad further but also in the city and very close to some of the City attractions. Kings cross for me is not so nice but if the hotel is cheap then by all means have a look at that as well.

Give me a short list and I will go and have a look to check them out if they are fairly central?

If we wanted for instance an open deck tour bus for a half day city tour then we would need to pay for this separately as well. London is not going to be cheap generally.

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                            You also have to weigh up travelling in as well as part of the cost, I beleive the tubes are cheap enough but if your talking taxis then maybe not.
                            Last edited by TUTTSI; 18th January 2011, 16:58:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                              Travel cards are useful as they can be used for travelling all over the London Area but this will add to the cost. My other suggestion is depending on how many there are I have a neighbour down the road who has a mini bus who can collect and take us into town and collect us at a designated time to bring us back. But we would stull have travel within the city to pay for.

If we wanted for instance an open deck tour bus for a half day city tour then we would need to pay for this separately as well. London is not going to be cheap.

AMY--THATS why I looked at Golders Green

Comment

http://www.winchester-hotel.com/
                                This is a pub hotel, I do not know it but could take a look if they a) have availability and b) not too expensive

Do we have any ideas of numbers???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X