• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sixt van hire scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DES8

Their next missive:

Dear Mr. Minxi,

Thank you for your e-mail.
    I'm sorry you don't agree with our email.
    In order to get this resolved, we are willing to reduce the invoice to £400.
    Please let us know if you accept this offer.

Best regards,

Jamal Khan
    Corporate Claims Agent

Comment

Persistent little b*****s aren't they.

I suppose you will be declining their offer

Comment

DES8

Yes, that will be declined. Anything else I should say to them at this point?

Comment

Tell them to go forth and multiply?

Comment

DES8

Thanks

We said:

Dear Mr Khan

Thank you for Sixt's most recent revised offer, but to us this demand still seems inappropriate.

May we please refer Sixt to our previous emails regarding added loss of value.

Regards
            Mr Minxi
            Sixt customer

Comment

Comment

DES8

Hello again. Ms Sagoo ('Damage Retail Agent') has been in touch, without reference to the discussion as to extra loss incurred as a result of our alleged damage. Re 'like for like', I'm buggered if I'm going to get a quote for their already damaged panel to be resprayed:

Good Morning,

Unfortunately the lowest offer we go is £400, we are unable to reduce the amount further.

We have given you the option to get a LIKE FOR LIKE quote and not a smart repair.

Best regards,

Miss Ravjot Sagoo
                Damage Retail Agent

Cheers
                Minxi

Comment

Well you can carry on playing letter tennis, or you can ignore them until and unless they initiate a court claim

Comment

DES8

Thanks for that.

Letter tennis is fine but doesn't shake them off, even if they take a 15-month sabbatical somewhere along the line so as to try to lull me into a false sense of you-know-what.

They have said previously that blah blah they will have no alternative but to refer to legal, or whatever, and so I wonder if you think that they actually will (for what now seems to be £400). According to my own dealings with people like this (a PCN slapped on me), the usual thing is to resort to so-called legal letters, to which one replies according to various formulae, and after which nothing ever happens.

Perhaps in any case I should reply saying we still dispute the case, just so they know we're not ignoring them.

What say ye?

Cheers
                    Minxi.

Comment

You might as well go back and dispute it with them on the basis that so far they have not proved the quantum of their loss.

They probably refer it to their "legal dept" (the desk next door) and send more letters and then pass it to a debt collector.
                      They don't seem anxious to initiate court...wonder why?

Comment

DES8

Thanks I will do that.

Court yes, odd. Maybe even they think they are running a scam. Plus the curious reductions. Normally such people add and admin fee or two.

I was hassled for a bank debt by a DC as it happens, about 500 years ago. My student OD was 2.5k which NatWest then ran up to around 4k with 'interest charges', and sold it on. Bloody £20 a month that was, for I don't know how long. 400 years.

Cheers
                        Minxi.

Comment

DES8

FYI

Good evening Miss Sagoo

Thank you for your email.

For the avoidance of doubt, we remain in dispute with Sixt as to the quantum of the supposed loss.

Kindest regards
                          Mr Minxi
                          Sixt customer

Comment

DES8

Morning. Here we have:

Dear Mr Minxi

400GBP is our final offer on the matter. Alternatively, you can produce a like for like quote which is not a SMART repair as we do not accept this - as previously mentioned. I am even willign to let you split the 400GBP into two or three monthly payments if this helps even further?

If we are unable to come to an agreement on either one of the above options, we will be forced to escalate the claim to our third party debt collection agency as we cannot accept a reduction of more than this.

Best regards,

John Sebastian Wallis

(ends)

I should say that we've put in a complaint to Sixt Customer Services, to which they have not yet responded. If they don't reply by 24th Aug, i.e. after 8 weeks, we have been advised (via Resolver) to escalate to the industry watchdog (such as it is), the BVRLA. I'm assuming that the complaints dept and the damage bit don't talk to each other.

Comment

Oooooh Frightening. They are putting the debt collectors on to you to scare you witless.

Comment

they sometimes even use BIG RED SCARY letters

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X