• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sixt van hire scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi DES8

Sixt has replied as follows. Needless to say, £500 isn't a figure I am thinking of paying them any more than the £599 they were originally asking:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your e-mail.

In order to resolve this matter we can come to settlement figure.

As full and final settlement we can reduce the claim to £500?

Best regards,

Miss Ravjot Sagoo
    Damage Retail Agent

Sixt rent a car
    Sixt House
    5 Langley Quay
    Waterside Drive
    Langley
    Slough
    SL3 6EY

Phone: +44 (0) 207 0188 264
    Internet: www.sixt.co.uk
    Blog: www.sixtblog.co.uk

Comment

So play letter tennis with then and ask how they justify that figure ie how it has been calculated

Comment

Thanks DES8

They could refer me to the doc they sent, from somewhere up north, where the van was allegedly assessed for damage, which is a 'pro forma'. I don't think the van was ever in reality sent there, as that would have taken it out of service for at least a day and probably two. I've been itching to take them to task on that, but maybe I should keep my gob shut.

I will do as you say forthwith.

Minxi

Comment

So DES8 I've said:

Dear Miss Sagoo

It has been some time since we saw your name attached to mail sent in our direction. Different parts of Sixt seem to have become involved over time. In any case, thank you for your response and offer, which we are disinclined at this time to accept.

Could you please advise how the (original) figure has been arrived at. Could you advise how such an incredibly high figure is justified for the alleged damage which is, as far as we know, a very small and superficial scratch of a few centimetres. If that is not correct, and you are in fact billing for some other damage that we have not been advised about, please clarify. Could you also say whether or not the van was properly assessed, i.e. with the van physically present for inspection, or whether this was actually done in some other way, e.g. by email with attached photo, for example.

As stated, we find the charge unbelievably and extortionately high, and would be grateful for your clarification as to how it is justified.

Kindest regards

Comment

Hi DES8

As predicted they simply responded with the pro forma they originally sent, plus a doc showing that they had paid £24 to have the inspection done, which seems rather a low price for a damage assessment. Please note that the scrape on the wheel arch is NOT the damage we are alleged to have caused, although it doesn't seem to appear on their damage list.

I sent a temp reply as follows:

Hi Sixt Team

Thank you for the documents.

What we wish to know is under what circumstances the vehicle was assessed: for example was the vehicle physically present to the inspector, whose location appears to be Burton-upon-Trent, or was it assessed by some other means, perhaps by photographs or other attached documents.

Could you please advise, with complete clarity, how this was done.

Kind regards

sixt report.pdf
            assessment fee.pdf .
            Attached Files

Comment

They replied saying:

Good Morning,

The vehicle was assessed by a member of The Institute of Motoring Industry (IMI) and it was based on the photographs that we had taken and description of the damage.

Best regards

So they just sent a photo and 24 quid up to Burton-upon-Trent to get a figure back. I've now asked to see the 'description of the damage' that the assessor was sent, just to see if they were specific about the alleged damage, or simply wanted a quote for a full panel respray (which is what the bill is for).

Comment

Originally posted by Minxi View Post
                They replied saying:

Good Morning,

The vehicle was assessed by a member of The Institute of Motoring Industry (IMI) and it was based on the photographs that we had taken and description of the damage.

Best regards

So they just sent a photo and 24 quid up to Burton-upon-Trent to get a figure back. I've now asked to see the 'description of the damage' that the assessor was sent, just to see if they were specific about the alleged damage, or simply wanted a quote for a full panel respray (which is what the bill is for).

Comment

Hi DES8

It seems you like that one!

They've just come back to me again, after I asked what the text about damage was that they sent along with the photos, and they say (sic):

The report is predominetly assesed on the images, we advised our engineers that the damage caused was-
                  Side panel, rear, bottom Passenger side Dent > 10 cm (with paint damage)

... so exactly what was sent to us, no real positional info. The quote is not for the repair of a small scratch, but for a full panel respray for 611 quid. On an already damaged panel. Pah.

Shall I just sit tight now, or say something else?

Minxi

Comment

So you could just go back and say "you note the repair quote was not for the damage caused by you, so your dispute remains"

Comment

Thanks DES8

I said:

Dear Miss Sagoo

Thank you for your responses.

We note your comments regarding the way in which the vehicle was assessed, and we have studied the information supplied. We note also that the repair quote is not for the damage you allege was caused by us, so the dispute remains.

Kindest regards
                      Minxi
                      Sixt Customer

Comment

DES8 ROB KATI

Hi all

After 6 months without a peep Sixt are back on the trail. They haven't replied to the email I sent (as quoted in post #55) but they've come back with a phone call:

Hi could you please call Rav to discuss the dispute on 020 7018 8264

... and email:

Date of Incident: 09.05.2017

Dear customer,

Please can you call us to discuss this claim as a matter or urgency, the claim has been outstanding for quite sometime and we are looking to resolve the matter.

If we can discuss a settlement offer so that we can finally put a close to claim.

If we do not hear from you then we will have no choice but to refer your claim to our legal department.

(ends)

Sorry I can't edit the text parameters for some reason. Anyway , what should I do?

Many thanks for any (further) help.

Minxi

Comment

So write back
                          I wish all correspondence to be in writing regarding this matter and so will not be calling you.
                          As stated earlier I note the repair quote was not for the damage caused by me, so the dispute remains extant.

Comment

Thanks DES8:

Good afternoon

We wish all correspondence to be in writing regarding this matter, and we will not be calling you.

As stated earlier — in an email sent six months ago to which you have not replied — we note the repair quote was not for the damage allegedly caused by us, so the dispute remains extant.

Kindest regards
                            Minxi
                            Sixt Customer

Comment

DES8

We now have the following email (uncorrected):

Goos Morning,

Unfortunately you are liable for the charges.

As full and final settlement we can reduce the claim to £450 to avoid going down the legal route, alternatively you can get your own like for like quote?

Best regards,

Comment

So £599 down to £500 down to £450.
                                At this rate in 5 years time they will be paying you!

Just remind them you are only liable for the diminution in value of the van which you caused.
                                As it was already damaged the additional scratch caused no further loss in value and so you are liable for nothing

Just for interest get a quote from a local paint shop for "your damage"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X