• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Medical records

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medical records

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    Bassa do you know something we dont?.
    How about innocent until proven otherwise.
    I know nothing !!

I just get the feeling / impression that the OPs unwillingness to offer more explanation as to why they are on JSA one minute, then in work, then off sick and finally wanting to charge his employer to see medical records is a little odd.

It just seems to me that they want to be dismissed and perhaps make a little cash on the side.

Something smells and its not good to me.
    They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

My father in law used to say opinions are like a**e holes

Comment

My father in law used to say opinions are like a**e holes
        He said that to you?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes he did...opinions are like a**e holes, everyone has one.
          He was a character

Ooops was that sarcasm?

Comment

Yes he did...opinions are like a**e holes, everyone has one.
            He was a character

Ooops was that sarcasm?
            I suggest you re-read post #78, & think about it.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Oh I don't do cryptic unless it's me being cryptic.
              Just ask Cloggy

I start to think people are trying to be smart and mess with my head

But yes I do have very strong opinions especially on social justice but not in a party political way-they are all as bad as each other

Comment

So, it is wrong for me to make assumptions and questions a persons motive for wanting to charge an employer for access to medical records yet you believe it is ok for you to:

1. make assumptions about what I know about the benefit system and any mental health issues
                2. that you hope one day I have deep depression, cruel of you or not

First of all, the benefits system has been so corrupted by the previous government to gain votes to keep them in power that it has now become unsustainable unless major changes are made by the current government, popular changes or not.

How do you justify people having to work to earn a living on the minimum wage and support their families while people that don't want to work can claim double the minimum wage to stay at home and complain they don't have enough to live on?

The money they take out of the system would be better spent creating sustainable jobs for anyone that wants one but while the country has to keep borrowing money to pay for everything this will never happen.

Labour created a false economy, giving people money for nothing so they could go out and buy stuff that working people have to save to buy just so they could say the economy was doing well and keep the power they so openly abused when they had it.

As for mental health issues, you have absolutely no clue as to my situation or the many situations I have had to face over the last 20 years and could not possibly know what I understand about depression.

Just for your information I have suffered very serious depression at times over the last 20years, and have managed to get through life without feeling sorry for myself or expecting others(taxpayers) to pay my way in life, although like many genuine sufferers I was entitled to many different benefits during my periods of depression that I turned them down because I actually wanted to work and sitting at home all day would have made me even more depressed.

I also have a bad back, asthma, COPD and a hereditary heart condition that sometimes stops me from going to work as a self- employed builder but do I go running to the benefits office so I don't have to go to work, NO, even though I am 'entitled' to.

For those that are genuine and do not have the strength of mind to overcome their mental health issues and need to claim benefits to be able to live some kind of normal life I have no problem whatsoever in them claiming what the system allows them to claim but I do object to the many that make up these illnesses just so they can claim more benefits than they are really entitled to.

Even though I mentioned one family abusing the benefits system you can be sure for every one we know about there are ten more that are more discreet in their abuse of the benefit system that we don't hear about until they are found out and prosecuted. Take the millionaire the other day that was found to have fraudulently claimed £74,000 in benefits, how many more are still doing this?

Until every benefit claim has been properly investigated we will never know how many are ripping off the system even if the people doing the investigations make mistakes there are many cases where they have made no mistake and stopped the claimant getting any benefits, which is a good thing in my eyes.

Opinions may be different but the facts remain, this country is in a mess and needs sorting out one way or another!

I really can not believe some of what is going on .Some people on here make MSE look like bleeding grearted liberals. Ian clearly has no concept of how the benefits system works or any mental health issues. It would be cruel of me to say that I hope one day he suffers deep depression. My grandmother used to think all you needed to do was pull yourself together yet she spent the last few years of her life in and out of hospital, on many pills and having ECT. Obviously there are some people who swing the lead in all types of illness , bad back, pmt, migraine the list goes on.
                Bassa do you know something we dont?.
                How about innocent until proven otherwise.

Scoody, thank you for explaining. Yes I agree there Ithere iis something wrong there.

Comment

IanM, the thread is meandering to a complete stop. I think we've commented to death on your post from page 1.

Thanks for further information but the Original Poster has their answer and has not returned to ask anything further so get yourself a beer and forget about this thread and we will all do by this time next week
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by IanM View Post
                    So, it is wrong for me to make assumptions and questions a persons motive for wanting to charge an employer for access to medical records yet you believe it is ok for you to: Did I assume that ?

1. make assumptions about what I know about the benefit system and any mental health issues
                    2. that you hope one day I have deep depression, cruel of you or not No I said it would be cruel to suggest that and quoted my grandmother who I loved very much and it killed us as a family to see her so ill. Dad in his later years suffered pain related depression

First of all, the benefits system has been so corrupted by the previous government to gain votes to keep them in power that it has now become unsustainable unless major changes are made by the current government, popular changes or not. Agreed but not just the benefits system

How do you justify people having to work to earn a living on the minimum wage and support their families while people that don't want to work can claim double the minimum wage to stay at home and complain they don't have enough to live on? Then they get tax credits, again wrong so the minimum wages need addressing

The money they take out of the system would be better spent creating sustainable jobs for anyone that wants one but while the country has to keep borrowing money to pay for everything this will never happenlOk if you don't mind people and children being unable to eat etc

Labour created a false economy, giving people money for nothing so they could go out and buy stuff that working people have to save to buy just so they could say the economy was doing well and keep the power they so openly abused when they had it. Agreed

As for mental health issues, you have absolutely no clue as to my situation or the many situations I have had to face over the last 20 years and could not possibly know what I understand about depression.With respect and without trying to ignore your obvious problems it is far more complicated than that. Some people just can not get out of bed in the morning

Just for your information I have suffered very serious depression at times over the last 20years, and have managed to get through life without feeling sorry for myself or expecting others(taxpayers) to pay my way in life, although like many genuine sufferers I was entitled to many different benefits during my periods of depression that I turned them down because I actually wanted to work and sitting at home all day would have made me even more depressed. If you are able to work then I respect you however not everyone can

I also have a bad back, asthma, COPD and a hereditary heart condition that sometimes stops me from going to work as a self- employed builder but do I go running to the benefits office so I don't have to go to work, NO, even though I am 'entitled' to.

For those that are genuine and do not have the strength of mind to overcome their mental health issues and need to claim benefits to be able to live some kind of normal life I have no problem whatsoever in them claiming what the system allows them to claim but I do object to the many that make up these illnesses just so they can claim more benefits than they are really entitled to Even the comment "strength of mind " is IMHO disregarding just how serious mental health issues can be. It is not as easy as a choice

Even though I mentioned one family abusing the benefits system you can be sure for every one we know about there are ten more that are more discreet in their abuse of the benefit system that we don't hear about until they are found out and prosecuted. Take the millionaire the other day that was found to have fraudulently claimed £74,000 in benefits, how many more are still doing this No we can't , where is your evidence? Fraud is fraud and the courts should give out the appropriate punishments. Trust me on this..I know

Until every benefit claim has been properly investigated we will never know how many are ripping off the system even if the people doing the investigations make mistakes there are many cases where they have made no mistake and stopped the claimant getting any benefits, which is a good thing in my eyest effective method? Maywell be true but its when they stop the benefits from people with no other income that there is an issue. As for every claim, I wish it would be checked but is it a cosy

Opinions may be different but the facts remain, this country is in a mess and needs sorting out one way or another!
                    I agree with your last point

Comment

I agree with your last point
                      He's not even the OP, is it really necessary to continue on with the thread cos even they aren't bothered to even respond to questions?
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Maybe not.
                        The points have been discussed, the world put to rights and even some common ground found.
                        No harm in that

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X