• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Medical records

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medical records

And in the kerfuffle the OP has come back, started an entirely irrelevant debate running again with allegations of things nobody said, and disappeared without answering the relevant questions asked - how long they worked for the employer; how long have they been off sick, and why are they off sick. Without the answers to these matters there can be no relevant advice as to their situation. Or didn't anybody notice that?

Comment

True

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
      And in the kerfuffle the OP has come back, started an entirely irrelevant debate running again with allegations of things nobody said, and disappeared without answering the relevant questions asked - how long they worked for the employer; how long have they been off sick, and why are they off sick. Without the answers to these matters there can be no relevant advice as to their situation. Or didn't anybody notice that?

Comment

Originally posted by povertypimp View Post
        Many thanks to the people who have had nothing but kind and supporting words for me on this thread and as for the negative people well what do you excpect we do live in a con-dem nation where people are not allowed to be ill.

I belive some are ill educated and probably belive every peice of propaganda they read you know like the one where it was reported 50 families on benifits living in mansions in london and it turned out to be one then the single mum with 3 children was supposedly raking in more money than the avarage worker (but the story forgot to tell you the majority of her income was made up of child support payments not benifit payments, she was reciveing no more than anybody else.)

i really would hate for one of these negative people or one of there family to ever suffer from mental health problems they would soon change there tunes, i have suffered with stress, anxiety and depression through out my life and it can be crippling im 40 now and i have only been out of work 3 times in my working life twice due to redundancy and i was once laid of during the begining of the recession, i have paid TAXES just as much as the next person.

To suggest my illness was brought on by haveing to go to work is ridiculous .

And one more thing if an employer charges for something(please provide an example) i have no doubt some of the evil cretins on here would be calling them entrepreneurs but because some one like me suggested i may charge for access to my medical record(MY PERSONAL DATA) i am considerd a scrounger and benifit scum.
        You asked the question and whilst everyone here does not agree with part of IanM's post on page one, and we have done that to death, you have NO LEGAL RIGHT to charge for your medical records. That is the end of that discussion.

As I have done before on another thread(and for clarity).

​You cannot charge for access to your medical records.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
          IMO we have a long way to go to sort out the benefits system - for example I know a young single mum of one child in my village who has secured a private rental property of 3 bedrooms and is receiving £900 per month rent assistance ( and not declaring all income) another lady who is receiving £500 and not declaring all income. And on the other hand talking about health asessments my future Daughter in law , who is 23 has just been diagnosed with Ankylosis spondilitus (excuse spelling) which is extremely painful and is terrified of her long term future because there may genuinely be times she could work and other times where due to the drugs she is taking and the pain it would be very difficult.Why should she be worried sick about her working future when others are really abusing the system? And I am sure we all know people in similar positions , which means there is long road to travel yet.
          A couple of issues there, how do you know these facts or are they village gossip? As for the rent, well it depends on the local housing allowance, in my area it is about 370 pcm for a single bedroom. Unless there are special circumstances she will be having to contribute to the rent.

As for not declaring their incomes, again how do you know this?
          Just a thought , are you aiding a criminal activity by keeping quiet?

Eloise , yes I had noticed the questions hadn't been answered but there again they are not relevant to the original question the OP posted and why should the OP divulge non essential information?

Comment

The OP can, if he/she so wishes, submit a price quotation to the employer for access to medical records.

I would suggest this to be written on 3 ply soft perforated tissue, perhaps with a hint of aloe vera?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
              Eloise , yes I had noticed the questions hadn't been answered but there again they are not relevant to the original question the OP posted and why should the OP divulge non essential information?
              It really depends on what you consider non-essential. The OP has been in employment for a short number of weeks. If they wish to remain in employment for a short number more weeks, then they are extremely essential questions - as has been pointed out. Of course, if their aim is to not stay in employment...

Comment

It really depends on what you consider non-essential. The OP has been in employment for a short number of weeks. If they wish to remain in employment for a short number more weeks, then they are extremely essential questions - as has been pointed out. Of course, if their aim is to not stay in employment...
                They are of course essential if we want to give the advice WE feel necessary however they have nothing to do with the question..."can I charge for access to my medical records" ..the answer to which I think we all agree on

Comment

They are of course essential if we want to give the advice WE feel necessary however they have nothing to do with the question..."can I charge for access to my medical records" ..the answer to which I think we all agree on
                  I am pleased that you agree that we feel it necessary to give full and proper advice - what a shame that the OP doesn't seem to realise how important it is to be better / fully informed about the risk to ones employment.

Comment

in reply to your questions - no it is not just gossip I am sort of related to one person involved and the other volunteered the information . And secondly how do you know I have not reported them . I have done that before for someone who was drink driving with a child in the car. Unfortunately nothing was done about that case. But I am certainly not frightened of getting involved if I am sure of the facts.
                    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

I know a person who got caught fraudulently claiming Housing and Council Tax Benefits....to the tune of 26k.....he had to repay the lot in one lump sum......and got various other punishments and I laughed till I cried.
                      I didn't shop him..but I'd shake the hand of the person who did,,couldn't have happened to a nicer (joke) bloke.

Comment

Scooby
                        Thanks for replying. Of course depending on the part of the country 500pcm for a one bed place is not excessive and would be covered by HB. HB now pays less than the average rent for an area so by definition if you rent you live in a cheaper (and therefore often substandard) place. It then becomes easier for the landlord to not maintain the property because if you complain you get a S21 notice.

I am normally one of those people that want to know all sides before I come to a conclusion which can of course cause friction. I know first hand what a nightmare getting benefits can be, I spent 3 months with no rent being paid (thanks to my mother I was ok but why should she have to lend me the money) and 3 times my benefits didn't go into the bank on the due day, no one returned my calls or did anything. I fully understand why people end up homeless or even stealing to survive. If you had no money and no food for three or 4 days, what would you do?

Comment

you slightly misunderstood the cases - one is housed in a three bedroom house when they only need a two bedroom house getting all rent of £900 and not declaring all income. The other is paying £800 and gettig £500 paid also not declaring all income. We are in fact agreeing - if cases like this could be stopped those in more genuine need could be given more help. Which is what we all would like to see I am sure.
                          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

I noticed Eloise, and IMO it is because the OP has a hidden agenda which IanM has spoken of earlier.
                            They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

I really can not believe some of what is going on .Some people on here make MSE look like bleeding grearted liberals. Ian clearly has no concept of how the benefits system works or any mental health issues. It would be cruel of me to say that I hope one day he suffers deep depression. My grandmother used to think all you needed to do was pull yourself together yet she spent the last few years of her life in and out of hospital, on many pills and having ECT. Obviously there are some people who swing the lead in all types of illness , bad back, pmt, migraine the list goes on.
                              Bassa do you know something we dont?.
                              How about innocent until proven otherwise.

Scoody, thank you for explaining. Yes I agree there Ithere iis something wrong there.

Comment

I really can not believe some of what is going on .Some people on here make MSE look like bleeding grearted liberals. Ian clearly has no concept of how the benefits system works or any mental health issues. It would be cruel of me to say that I hope one day he suffers deep depression. My grandmother used to think all you needed to do was pull yourself together yet she spent the last few years of her life in and out of hospital, on many pills and having ECT. Obviously there are some people who swing the lead in all types of illness , bad back, pmt, migraine the list goes on.
                                Bassa do you know something we dont?.

How about innocent until proven otherwise.

Scoody, thank you for explaining. Yes I agree there Ithere iis something wrong there.
                                As far as I can see, the OP wanted to know if it was possible to charge for access to medical records.
                                The general consensus is, I think, not a snowball's chance in hell of getting it.
                                The thread has, as they often do, moved in a different direction, airing opinions on other matters.
                                There's a magnet on my fridge, says "Everyone is entitled to my opinion"; I've always listened to others with the thought in mind that I can take it or leave it - my choice.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X